over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Working through injury?

Itisisaysme510

Newbies
Not too long ago i had a partial biceps tendon tear. My PT said the worst thing to do is to stop training while it heals. This seems counterintuitive to me. Anyone have any experience with something like this, and what did you do to recover?

I also have a mild hamstring strain. I want to keep my cardio going but theres no kind of cardio ive found that doesnt aggrevate it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

The answer lies within you.

What exercises did your pt tell you to do?

What exercises can you do that don't aggrevate your bicep?

Can you walk ?

So you think it is counterintuitive to train with your bicep but yet you still want to do something that actually bothers your hamstring?

Not too long ago i had a partial biceps tendon tear. My PT said the worst thing to do is to stop training while it heals. This seems counterintuitive to me. Anyone have any experience with something like this, and what did you do to recover?

I also have a mild hamstring strain. I want to keep my cardio going but theres no kind of cardio ive found that doesnt aggrevate it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
I've had partially torn rotor cuff tendons it actually was painful to a point where I felt I wasn't doing anything any good, my arm was just giving out during exercises. So I quit training for about a year. Had surgery and just did pt. Starting back trained really light

Your PT does this for a living and knows everything specific to your situation. I would just listen to what he says. Or find another one you will listen to.

Your PT said not training your bicep was a bad idea because blood flow is what provides oxygen, hydration, and nutrients to a muscle. It can't grow or heal without these. If you're not getting surgery then keep training it in smart ways to encourage recovery.

For cardio - the only thing I can think that wouldn't involve legs would be a hand bike but I can't imagine you'll burn many calories on that.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. In all sincerity the last thing anyone should ever do after an injury is to take time off. Base level movement and stimulation to keep fresh blood, micronutrients and growth factors circulating in the area. Will help flush out metabolic waste and a myriad of other factors.

I’ve had several major injuries and surgeries - was plagued with posterior chain issues a while ago. Several hamstring issues.

Do a full warm up - banded activation and hop on the elliptical or bike afterwards. If your posterior chain is strong and your form is correct an individual should still be able to jog with a hamstring strain.

Video is worth a watch

The answer lies within you.

What exercises did your pt tell you to do?

What exercises can you do that don't aggrevate your bicep?

Can you walk ?

So you think it is counterintuitive to train with your bicep but yet you still want to do something that actually bothers your hamstring?
I can walk for a bit but if i give it much of an incline it "flares up." I know the simple answer is ok well dont use the incline then. Probably just a mental thing but walking without an incline feels like a waste of time.

And i just meant the idea of continuing to work an injured area seemed counterintuitive but the logic provided in this thread as to why its a bad idea to completely rest through it makes perfect sense.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. In all sincerity the last thing anyone should ever do after an injury is to take time off. Base level movement and stimulation to keep fresh blood, micronutrients and growth factors circulating in the area. Will help flush out metabolic waste and a myriad of other factors.

I’ve had several major injuries and surgeries - was plagued with posterior chain issues a while ago. Several hamstring issues.

Do a full warm up - banded activation and hop on the elliptical or bike afterwards. If your posterior chain is strong and your form is correct an individual should still be able to jog with a hamstring strain.

Video is worth a watch

Super helpful bro thank you

100% man

Heal up - try and do a movement pattern assessment once your back for a bit and identify any key deficiencies.

Banded movements through non traditional ranges of motion have helped me immensely in rectifying underlying strength issues causing injuries.

When a PT says not to stop training he doesn’t mean go back into the gym and just kill it with the weights or do extreme exercising.

Thought that was worth mentioning in addition to the excellent advice you have been given above.

You want to keep encouraging movement of the body part that is torn/injured so that it fully heals and is as functional as possible when it does.

Humbled by all your responses. havent been here for a while. Half expected a good 60% to be dickhead replies but everybody here is great

Did your PT not give you any exercises for the hamstring? You'd be surprised on how well they can heal certain things up with things you wouldn't have thought of. I was having horrible pain in my Knees due to IT Band Syndrome and my PT directed me to use my percussion gun in the lower outer quad and to do more adductor work. Knee pain is gone.

Did your PT not give you any exercises for the hamstring? You'd be surprised on how well they can heal certain things up with things you wouldn't have thought of. I was having horrible pain in my Knees due to IT Band Syndrome and my PT directed me to use my percussion gun in the lower outer quad and to do more adductor work. Knee pain is gone.
Nah i didnt see him for the hamstring, that one is super mild, but its irritating. Saw him for the biceps tendon.

Nah i didnt see him for the hamstring, that one is super mild, but its irritating. Saw him for the biceps tendon.
Im sure he wouldn't mind helping you out if you bring it up at your next visit. I was in there for a post hip surgery check up and brought it up and I'm glad I did.

Its not all that bad, but i do want it to heal rather than continually flaring it up. I took the advice given to me yesterday. Just did an easy walk with the intention of promoting healing rather than trying to treat it like a normal workout. Was nearly pain free and no lingering pain today, whereas before i would just try to get my sprints in despite it and then deal with the aches and stiffness the next day. Had to shift the purpose of the exercise mentally.

Humbled by all your responses. havent been here for a while. Half expected a good 60% to be dickhead replies but everybody here is great

I think everyone just gets happy to help with a legitimate issue. Some good movements from my programming. Go loaded first before range of motion.

Attachments

• IMG_6163.png
    IMG_6163.png
    426.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6164.png
    IMG_6164.png
    396.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6165.jpeg
    IMG_6165.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 9
i tore my pec last year.
didnt miss a day.
couldnt actually train but went back for my normal gym time road the stationary bike and held the rest of my pec on so it wouldnt fall off/tear more.
i feel not taking time off helped a lot.
i rehabbed it all myself, figured it out on my own. its pretty well deformed but closing in on year later strength is coming back even in chest. in spite of having another major health issue too. again no stopping except for time in hospital and bare mins after surgery.

Yea when I say I quit training, I mean with weights. I still did pt and cardio.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
old timer2
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131