over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym opening update?

I hope you're right. I'm still hoping for a vaccine to come out before everyone catches it.

A proper vaccine is truly 1+ year out if we're being honest, closer to 2 for anything remotely impactful. The FDA trial process is very very long, even if expedited. The exploratory stage itself is several years for identifying efficable antigens in a normal scenario.

There's a lot of people that are hopeful for this within this year; unfortunately it's not making as simple as making an appletini

A proper vaccine is truly 1+ year out if we're being honest, closer to 2 for anything remotely impactful. The FDA trial process is very very long, even if expedited. The exploratory stage itself is several years for identifying efficable antigens in a normal scenario.

There's a lot of people that are hopeful for this within this year; unfortunately it's not making as simple as making an appletini

I know it's not simple. There has never been a case like this in human history, though. Over 100 companies are working on vaccine candidates using different techniques to attack the problem from different angles. There hasn't been this kind of focused effort in medicine before with the tools and technologies we have now.

Maybe all the early candidates will run into problems, either with safety or effectiveness. I'm hoping that at least some of them will work out. They're already working on ways to speed up the testing process without compromising safety, hopefully. It would be a great accomplishment of modern science if they can get one out in the next year.

I know it's not simple. There has never been a case like this in human history, though. Over 100 companies are working on vaccine candidates using different techniques to attack the problem from different angles. There hasn't been this kind of focused effort in medicine before with the tools and technologies we have now.

Maybe all the early candidates will run into problems, either with safety or effectiveness. I'm hoping that at least some of them will work out. They're already working on ways to speed up the testing process without compromising safety, hopefully. It would be a great accomplishment of modern science if they can get one out in the next year.

Agreed! And this will be one of the harder things to balance with a deadline in mind

Agreed! And this will be one of the harder things to balance with a deadline in mind

We haven't gotten to this point yet, but challenge tests could speed up the last step of the testing process. Some of the early vaccine candidates are already in early trials. First they do basic safety tests, then they do larger tests to measure the antibodies produced. Large scale tests for effectiveness in disease prevention is the part that takes the longest.

Experimental vaccines can fail at any stage of the testing process. There's no way to know for sure yet which ones will be successful, if any.

Vaccines only if you are willing, not government mandated. My body my choice.
Yeah, I agree. I dont think it will be mandated, never pass in our government and it should not. I do think that workplaces involved in Healthcare already mandate vaccines, and schools might do it too.

I just did an hour long upper body workout wearing rubber gloves. It was weird. I'll get used to it, I guess.

Its inevitable that gyms will probably close again very soon, it looks like nothing was learned from the fist overreaction and the media is putting the COVID fear in overdrive now that their other cause has started to level out. Id anticipate one state to close gyms, then others to follow like we saw all over again last time if were being honest.

Its inevitable that gyms will probably close again very soon, it looks like nothing was learned from the fist overreaction and the media is putting the COVID fear in overdrive now that their other cause has started to level out. Id anticipate one state to close gyms, then others to follow like we saw all over again last time if were being honest.

There is a lot going on in AZ currently regarding this and 2 important court dates/meetings involving 2 of the big name gyms out here taking place this upcoming Monday that will most likely set to stage for what is to come in other states. They closed the gyms back down at the beginning of the week but many are fighting back this time.

Yes the fear machine is in overdrive and almost everyone wants another lockdown according to the media as they say it in such sad but resigned tones with such sincere looks of concern on their phony faces haha!

But the odd thing is I don’t hear from any real people that they favor a lockdown. I have not spoken to one person ever that thought it was a good idea. Maybe I hang around the wrong people or something but I wonder where are all these people at that want to be locked down? Oh that’s right they are hiding at home because staying inside is a virtue right up there with telling the truth and being generous.

Yeah, I agree. I dont think it will be mandated, never pass in our government and it should not. I do think that workplaces involved in Healthcare already mandate vaccines, and schools might do it too.
Many schools do have this requirement for students and staff, however their are certain ways to obtain exemptions. We fought for and won an exemption for my school aged son and the district was not happy but they have no choice for the time being.

Many schools do have this requirement for students and staff, however their are certain ways to obtain exemptions. We fought for and won an exemption for my school aged son and the district was not happy but they have no choice for the time being.
Religious exemptions are one ive heard of. As long as too many people don't get their vaccine, it shouldn't pose a big problem because of herd immunity. Measles and the mumps started a comeback though because kids weren't getting that vaccine. I seem to remember it being a problem in California.

Brian Shaw set up an insane gym in his garage. $13,000 on dumbbells and not very many of them either. The set he shows is in addition to what he already had.

The class action lawsuit should be filed this week in NYS. Otherwise, I am hearing no gyms in NY and NJ until a vaccine (likely 2021).

The class action lawsuit should be filed this week in NYS. Otherwise, I am hearing no gyms in NY and NJ until a vaccine (likely 2021).
Wow, thats got to be rough for NYC citizens that don't have room for a home gym. So many live in small apartments.

I can’t see how they can do that but nothing surprises me with Cuomo and Murphy. All of NJ is open with restrictions except gyms and movie theaters. From indoor pools to karate to dance classes.

If you are right BigGame, there won’t be any gyms left.

I can’t see how they can do that but nothing surprises me with Cuomo and Murphy. All of NJ is open with restrictions except gyms and movie theaters. From indoor pools to karate to dance classes.

If you are right BigGame, there won’t be any gyms left.

The only advantage NY has going for it right now is that a lawsuit is going to be filed. $50k was just raised here in NY to start the process. As for NJ, they are in the same boat as NY, but I don't know of any class action lawsuit being planned. In NY, the governor won't even discuss gyms. The lawsuit is the only hope.

The only advantage NY has going for it right now is that a lawsuit is going to be filed. $50k was just raised here in NY to start the process. As for NJ, they are in the same boat as NY, but I don't know of any class action lawsuit being planned. In NY, the governor won't even discuss gyms. The lawsuit is the only hope.

Atilis gym lost their lawsuit so I don’t imagine other gyms trying in NJ.

That would be completely insane!! Our country is already so damn unhealthy to begin with, just going to make things worse. And what about everyone in those states whose livelihood depends on these being open? Meanwhile the NY Yankees are having their first intra-squad game on YES network tonight. I want to see all the players wearing masks and social distancing. I guess they can make exceptions for special cases.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws