over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My pet Skunk "Buttercup"

i want one of these lol, i cant wait to see every bodies faces when i walk one of these bad boys through petco haha
Yeah, she was a real head turner. The only problem was everyone wanted to pet her, however, she bites, and bites with intent to hurt you (draws blood every time; seriously vicious). I mean it's not every day you see a skunk on a leash, which is another story (getting the "figure 8 cat harness" on her was a nightmare):eek:.
If you get one...don't get one, get two. I'm wondering if Buttercup would have benefited from having another sibling to play with. I know with dogs that are taken shortly after birth, tend to bite, and not really know how hard their biting, even when they're playing, b/c if they would have bit Mom hard, she would have put them in their place, then they would learn what's acceptable biting for play.

I speak with my experience, and not for all pet skunks, but in Buttercups' case, she's just so unpredictable. One moment she loves ya, the next she hates ya. I'm making her sound like she's Bipolar; maybe she is, I don't know. Its as if her mood changes with the seasons, so she could just want to be left alone for months on end; other times she just wants to be on your lap.

The point is, now is a great time to get a skunk. Early spring is their mating time, and have babies in May, usually. Just be smart and do your homework if your serious about getting one as a pet. And if you have children;beware!!! You have no idea how many people were advertising on the internet, trying to get rid of their skunk, b/c they were too aggressive towards their children. I ran across that a lot when I did my homework; now I see first hand how challenging it really is.

Regardless of Buttercups antics. Me and my girl friend love her more than anything. She comes first, before even our selves.::ngel-smi

Attachments

• papi's lap2.jpg
    papi's lap2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 330
Skunks are AWESOME pets, I've had the honor of meeting a few, these did not bite but were extremely curious and wanted lots of attention. Their fur is amazing. Gotta have a good exotics vet though, since most DVM's aren't familiar with skunks. Our exotics drs at the hospital were awesome though. Buttercup is just gorgeous. She's a lot like my cat, who is for SURE bipolar. One minutes she's licking me, rubbing on me, putting her paws on my face, purring, then BAM she bites the shit outta me and goes running. Comes back in five minutes, the cycle starts again lol. Anyways, your skunk is just too cute. I see an animal that cute and I always want to add to my entourage lol.

He had the spray sac removed by a vet im sure.

this is a first for me......never knew you could have a skunk for a pet......great pics though....

I have tons of pics to share, I'm just sorry the forum only allows you to upload so many, which is why I had to resize (make smaller) or erase some:(.

One last post before this tread can officially be retired. Unfortunately, sometime in the spring of 2010, Buttercup began to have some difficulties breathing, this was an off and on process that would last seconds, so we thought maybe they were just hairballs, or something. The episodes became more frequent until one day she became so weak, she just laid down near her potty pan after she went. We then decided to take her to the vet—this was, June of 2010—there, they discovered a mass growing on her one kidney that metastasized to her heart causing one side to heart to get so big that her lung could not function properly. It was the hardest thing to hear, bc we both knew there was no way to save her, so we opted to put her down.

We miss you so much Buttercup, no other pet could ever replace you.::ngel-smi

My man im so sorry for your loss. I had my cat put down about 2 years ago and still miss him. He was the sweetest cat i have ever seen and i loved him so much. I know your pain my man but she isnt hurting any longer. God bless ya and maybe someday you will get another skunk.

sorry to hear about that bro. Really enjoyed reading the thread and seeing all the pics.

I visited this thread a few times, and I too was very fond of ButterCup
May she rest in peace

I would name your next one pepe le pew

DAMN! well you have a good excuse if you stink up the room with the girl lol

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member