over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Pre-diabetic diagnosis help

pumpflex7

Registered
Newbies
This is a good friends issues and told them I would ask the real doctors on here hahaha.

So as we know many doctors have no idea what’s going on, how to test or what to test for, or know anything about new studies or listening to their patients. But it’s still always helpful to get tests done and at least get some kind of point of view so you can start researching for yourself or find ways to improve by yourself.

So…the doctor said they were prediabetic. The thing is they eat so much food because they work so hard and they eat at night and that’s supposedly the worst time you should eat before you go to bed. So they started eating regular for a while and eating less and they have been doing good. The doctor suggests to put them on this real mild triglyceride drug that lowers your triglycerides but it not only doesn’t make a difference but it makes them feel like shit. the less they take of what the doctor prescribes the better they feel, and their numbers are about the same. The test the doctor ran to come to this conclusion and to do a check up on them are the same and they said are called “ short term and long term A1C.”

Do you guys have any advice on what to do, supplements to use or anything? I also found out that sometimes they doesn’t eat all day while doing labor outside and then eats at night and doesn’t take any protein or BCAAs. I’ve suggested to make sure they take small meals at least throughout the day so they aren’t spiking levels then crashing or filling up your body which then fails to produce what it needs while they sleep maybe? Also I suggested to make sure they are replenishing their body and helping it recover by taking BCAAs and protein as soon as your done working within the first hour. Much help and advice is needed and appreciated thank you! Also good to know that they do not take any PEDs and are in their mid to late 50s around 6ft and 180-190lbs. Thanks

The first thing your friend should do is track calories and macros daily. Their diet is contributing to their diabetes, simple as that. "Eating so much food", "eating regular", and "eating less" are not good data points. Find out exactly what's going on with their diet and adjust from there. Like many things in health and bodybuilding, it usually comes down to what you're putting in your body.

with all due respect this is a bodybuilding forum but not an advice corner for the average Joe 50+ who has no idea even about the basic principles of nutrition...

Let him start eating 4 regular meals a day, a balanced diet of 30% proteins, 50% carbs, 20% fats, and start practicing some sports regularly plus 30-40 minutes of walking every day on an empty stomach, and the problem will be solved.

with all due respect this is a bodybuilding forum but not an advice corner for the average Joe 50+ who has no idea even about the basic principles of nutrition...
That's exactly what I came to post. Stuff like this has no place on a site called Professional Muscle.

You are in the wrong place man as @luki7788 said.

The fact you’re asking about BG control and telling us the doctor is advising lipid medication is a whole different subject.

Go to WebMD, this is Professional Muscle.

No need for me to add anything, perfect advice was given.

Berberine is a natty supplement that works really well. Get a bg monitor and track it. Keto suppose to be really good for it as well. As far as eating at night or skipping meals I doubt it matters. It's what he eats. Basically get some exercise and don't eat sugar. Lol. Should be super easy to fix. Oh and even walking after meals. Basically things everybody should be doing will prevent being prediabetic.

Having one meal a day is not very usual, but what matters, apart from the contents of that meal, is if he is having snacks during the rest of the day, or if he drinks sugary drinks, that could explain some things.

It shouldn't be hard to help your friend with the advice you have been given, he just needs to put it into practice.

You are in the wrong place man as @luki7788 said.

The fact you’re asking about BG control and telling us the doctor is advising lipid medication is a whole different subject.

Go to WebMD, this is Professional Muscle.
Normally there’s like a health and wellness section on these forums But didn’t see one

Having one meal a day is not very usual, but what matters, apart from the contents of that meal, is if he is having snacks during the rest of the day, or if he drinks sugary drinks, that could explain some things.

It shouldn't be hard to help your friend with the advice you have been given, he just needs to put it into practice.
I appreciate bro thanks

Berberine is a natty supplement that works really well. Get a bg monitor and track it. Keto suppose to be really good for it as well. As far as eating at night or skipping meals I doubt it matters. It's what he eats. Basically get some exercise and don't eat sugar. Lol. Should be super easy to fix. Oh and even walking after meals. Basically things everybody should be doing will prevent being prediabetic.
Thank you very much I appreciate your input

Normally there’s like a health and wellness section on these forums But didn’t see one
There are dozens of threads on this subject if you use the search function.

Not sure why you would trust a bunch of hardcore bodybuilders over your friends Medical Doctor on this subject though. Especially considering he doesn’t even workout.

This is a good friends issues and told them I would ask the real doctors on here hahaha.

So as we know many doctors have no idea what’s going on, how to test or what to test for, or know anything about new studies or listening to their patients. But it’s still always helpful to get tests done and at least get some kind of point of view so you can start researching for yourself or find ways to improve by yourself.

So…the doctor said they were prediabetic. The thing is they eat so much food because they work so hard and they eat at night and that’s supposedly the worst time you should eat before you go to bed. So they started eating regular for a while and eating less and they have been doing good. The doctor suggests to put them on this real mild triglyceride drug that lowers your triglycerides but it not only doesn’t make a difference but it makes them feel like shit. the less they take of what the doctor prescribes the better they feel, and their numbers are about the same. The test the doctor ran to come to this conclusion and to do a check up on them are the same and they said are called “ short term and long term A1C.”

Do you guys have any advice on what to do, supplements to use or anything? I also found out that sometimes they doesn’t eat all day while doing labor outside and then eats at night and doesn’t take any protein or BCAAs. I’ve suggested to make sure they take small meals at least throughout the day so they aren’t spiking levels then crashing or filling up your body which then fails to produce what it needs while they sleep maybe? Also I suggested to make sure they are replenishing their body and helping it recover by taking BCAAs and protein as soon as your done working within the first hour. Much help and advice is needed and appreciated thank you! Also good to know that they do not take any PEDs and are in their mid to late 50s around 6ft and 180-190lbs. Thanks
What is his alcohol intake like? Heavy booze will do this for sure. Have him look into Metformin. GLPs helped me but your friend does not need to lose weight so that might not be the best option.

When i worked in a gym i would recommend that the new members document every mouthful of food they ate over 3 days with 1 day being on the weekend. Few would do it. And the rare few that did found they were eating far more calories then they thought. Most people are less healthy and more overweight then they think they are or will admit to. Heck most guys on BB forums underestimate their bodyfat. hard to get where you want to geo when you don't know where you are at to start with.

What was your resting blood sugar and Insulin levels?

What is his alcohol intake like? Heavy booze will do this for sure. Have him look into Metformin. GLPs helped me but your friend does not need to lose weight so that might not be the best option.
Thank you

be willing to bet just eating meat and veggies regardless of time of day will help fix the issue.
no need to eat all day. fasting might help to improve slin sensitivity.
work all day come home eat chicken and veg until full.
repeat tomorrow.
doesnt sound like rocket science.
aside from that drink water.
aside from that, keep mouth shut. lol

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member