over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Searching for Job in NJ/NY

CeilingStar

Registered
Anyone in NJ/NY area know of any companies hiring or can give me any advice? I have my business Degree. Looking to get out of current line of work. Been self employed most of the time so never had to search for a job.

Any advice is appreciated.

Anyone in NJ/NY area know of any companies hiring or can give me any advice? I have my business Degree. Looking to get out of current line of work. Been self employed most of the time so never had to search for a job.

Any advice is appreciated.

Do a search in your city for Career Coaches or Counselors. You probably are more qualified most having been self employed, just need guidance in wording your experience properly on a resume. If you are unsure about what line of work you would enjoy most and be best suited for, highly recommend book "What Color is Your Parachute". Good luck.

I have a bachelors in business and that qualifies me for nothing. Every one has one and they all work arena security with me.

It may not be glamorous but look into the insurance industry...very stable. I myself am a staff adjuster on the catastrophe team...aka I travel 3 weeks a month to whenever we have a high volume of claims. Decent salary, travel bonus, per diem, travel is paid for, great benefits including a company vehicle that I can use for personal use (too many more to list). Let's just say that I can support my family while my significant other is a stay-at-home and we are not hurting or struggling by any means. It's not easy (can be long days) but I am not confined to an office and I don't have bosses breathing down my neck all day. I always stay at the Residence Inn so I don't miss meals and I always get the chance to train in a new gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would one apply for such a job?

I know that this is an old post, but I would like to know as well! My past is still haunting me after 20 years. Two felonies for personal possession and even with an Ivy League degree, I get laughed out of every interview. At my age it is embarrassing and frustrating to the point where I just want to give the hell up.

I know that this is an old post, but I would like to know as well! My past is still haunting me after 20 years. Two felonies for personal possession and even with an Ivy League degree, I get laughed out of every interview. At my age it is embarrassing and frustrating to the point where I just want to give the hell up.

That sucks. Curious what kind of jobs they are turning you down for?

job search

What types of industry are you in and what do you want to join?

If you undergrad has a career center that is also a resource to consider.

If you have the money, consider hiring a resume writer or at least have some other people review your cv. Also, consider going on linkedin to see if you can have informational discussions with others from your alma mater.

I just moved out of NY. Economy is just not that good in my line of work. Much better in the midwest/south job wise depending on the city and with the cost of living.

Friend of mine lives in New York and told me the NYC Dept of Sanitation accepting applications until end of this month. Don't knock it, they start at $33K, jump to $60K after 5 years, and lots of overtime. Working for city/government is steady, secure work with great benefits, and in this job market that means alot.

I live in upstate NY. Have had my bachelors for 6 years and never had a job because of it. In the Ironworkers Union local 60, always work in the Union. NY sucks for jobs. Blue collar is about it. Sucks cause I wasted money on a degree I will never use. Considering moving out of NY and mid west, to south west eventually

Friend of mine lives in New York and told me the NYC Dept of Sanitation accepting applications until end of this month. Don't knock it, they start at $33K, jump to $60K after 5 years, and lots of overtime. Working for city/government is steady, secure work with great benefits, and in this job market that means alot.

sanitation... working with garbage... Just like being a cop in bed stuy, except you don`t have to worry bout getting shot at. Down side at 33k/yr you will be living in your parents basement and at 60k you`ll have your own apt with a roommate in NY.

NYS dept of labor website. I switched my line of work and joined a union. I make great money now with great benefits. They have a list of unions that are hiring. I was lucky enough to skip the apprentice part of it but there are plenty of good opportunities. You could also try Linked in and network with people. It's hard finding new work that pays well. It takes time and persistence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

**broken link removed**

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
vz2000
NapsGear