mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

to all who have posted concerning anxiety/panic attacks.

Sigmund Roid

Moderator/Resident Psychologist
Staff member
Registered
Hello, friends. Please give the following, a slow thoughtful read and get back with me. I will now attempt to go into greater detail so you can see exactly how choice theory applies to what I am trying to explain.

First of all, many, are advising you to take a pill to solve some mysterious attack that is taking place. I would argue against that because we chose our behavior through our thinking. Find the source of your distress and take charge of your thinking. We are all big, strong men and women. Take the bull by the horns. You might well be saying, "no, I am not chosing to have these attacks." We let me see if I can convince you of my point.

DREAMS: Most of us have dreams. Sometimes these dreams are very vivid. They can be terrifying, sexual, frustrating. At times you will wake up sweating, heart racing, even screaming. While the dreams are going on, they seem so real, even though what is actually happening may have little to do with reality. Dreams, like all behaviors, are total behaviors. They should be called DREAMING and since they all take place in our heads, they are the thinking component of that total behavior. During the dream, I was mostly acting, but I was also thinking about that huge monster chasing me, and my pshysiology was certainly normal for what I was doing!

Do you see what I am getting at? Answer the question! Each on of you has some real life issues you aren't facing and making an active choice about. That does NOT mean your mind is doing nothing. Those things are being dealt with. If it wasn't a panic attack or an anxiety attack your creative mind might well chose an alternative such as depressing, headaching or some other illness. Do you get it? The mind IS working, the body feels as if it were under attack and reacts to the situation. I mention dreams because it is a vivid example of how creative all of us are. Dreams have no boundaries, little logic, and no necessary grounding in what could be called reality. Literally anything can happen, but while it is happening, it all seems to make sense.

The human mind is extremely creative. A life without creativity would hardly be worth living. But unless we are given creativity destroying drugs, where we lose our ability to move creatively, this can never happen because in our brains we have a creative system that adds creativity to all our total behaviors. The creative system may operate when we are sleeping as in dreaming but what it does while we are awake is far more important.

We see clearly the ACTIONS of great athletes. Michael Jordan comes to mind as one of the most creative athletes that has ever lived. It was his creative THINKING that set him apart. Creative thinking is what sets great writers, artists, musicians, and scientists apart from the rest of us. It is the ability of great performers to create and express feelings that hold audiences spellbound. Go back and look at the posts of COOPIE, VINCE, and others who posted their expirences. They are quite detailed. There are also instances of new and creative physiology when people who are given up for dead CREATE a way to recover from a severe illness in ways that cannot be explained by medicine. UNFORTUNATELY there is also the possibilty this same system can cause us great harm as it goes about it's business by creating painful and self destructive total behaviors. This destructive creativity is most often seen when we want good realtionships and are unable to get them. For example, if we are lonely and their is nothing effective we can do about it (like when your girl leaves you)the mind come up with a solution. Just because there is nothing effective we can do does NOT mean we do nothing. This is exactly the situation for which our creative system evolved. It never shuts down, it never gives up (like the terminator). It keeps trying on it's own to help us deal with our loneliness or ANYTHING else we WANT by adding creativity to a behavior we already have.(like depression or suicide) Sometimes it will create a whole new behavior that might be more effective in the given situation. (like anxiety attacks). It is difficult to reject the new thoughts and actions. We CAN reject them if we BELIEVE what is offered will make things worse. (EXAMPLE: IF I SIT HERE DOING NOTHING BUT DEPRESSING WILL IT HELP ME OR HURT ME?) If we understand that we have a choice, we have enough voluntary control over our actoins and thoughts to do it.

Whew, that took a while. Identify what your true feelings are. What are your real wants and needs? Are you interested in 50,000 dollar weddings or was that your wifes big idea? (the things we do to make others happy!) Or would you be happy in a modest home, lifting weights and going for walks in the woods, holding hands? If you are doing something stressfull that is causing you great anxiety, IDENTIFY IT and then truthfully re-examine YOUR wants and needs. Not your bosses, not your fathers, not your girlfriends wants and needs. Figure out what the problem is and then make a conscious choice about the direction you want to go. Together we can evaluate your present actions and then make a plan. I will add to this thread but It is 9:30 here and I have arms tonight. I have more examples and await your feedback, both positive and negative or questioning!

Sigmund Roid

Last edited:
Sigmund,

When someone gets confrontational in a negative way with me (I don't mean threatening), like if a boss feels you are doing something wrong that you know is right, or your neighbor is complaining about something you are doing, but you are well within your right to do it, basically when you are just trying
to mind your own business or do your job, and someone is confronting in a negative manner.

My reaction is my heart rate goes way up, and once I realize that what they
are presenting is wrong, I shut off listening, and become kind of non-negotiable, explaining my right way, and dismissing them, instead of slowing down and having a debate or what not. It's not that I get mad, irritated I guess is the word, but once my heart rate kicks in, my speech gets quick, I quite listening and have my say.

I'd rather be able to take those deep breaths, and have more calm back and forth....what's going on?

You are a human!

;) Stupid people are pissing you off! Luckily for them, you are showing pretty good restraint. If you were a real asshole you could give them some free dental work or kick a big dent in their car door! See, I know where you are coming from.
You are doing alright! The thing to keep in mind is this statement: "This sonofabitch is really making me angry"..........read that statement again. I am sure it's gone through your head before. This stupid peace of shit, who is obviously wrong is MAKING you angry! Do you realize how much power you have given this person? How can such a friggin' moron MAKE you do a damb thing? Answer: Cause you let him!

I don't know about you but the thought of any one MAKING me do anything is pretty irritating. Don't give them that much power, Brother.
Here is what you might do since you know these people are out there and you can't control their behavior. (without jail time!)

Come up with a couple things YOU might do when confronted with the situation at work or with the neighbor which could defuse the situation before you start getting annoyed. Have a plan.

Sigmund Roid

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
LiverKing01
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner