Fleezy

Registered
Newbies
anyone had this?

came out of nowhere today and has been pretty brutal

i am assuming its BPPV and not something else

am unvaccinated & never had covid

asked my PCP to set me up with an ENT

After my heart surgery I started to get this at times. That and I see stars, I've had about every test imaginable and more than once. I am told not to worry about it. They said people who stare at screens get this a lot from eye strains and think that is it.

I've had it off and on for 1 year now. It absolutely sucks ass! Each episode I get lasts for about a week. The consensus from the doc and myself is that I get it after a head cold and then my eustachian tube (right ear) does not drain like it should.

This can occur by a few different reasons though.

I have to use pseudoephedrine to help with the ear thing...along with a few other things.

I had it bad about a month ago, and I have had a head cold the past few days (I work at a school) and certain i'll have issues again soon:(

If it is from one of the other reasons, you can do those ear exercises if you know which side is causing the problem....know which side is the issue before doing them and making it worse though.

I've had it off and on for 1 year now. It absolutely sucks ass! Each episode I get lasts for about a week. The consensus from the doc and myself is that I get it after a head cold and then my eustachian tube (right ear) does not drain like it should.

This can occur by a few different reasons though.

I have to use pseudoephedrine to help with the ear thing...along with a few other things.

I had it bad about a month ago, and I have had a head cold the past few days (I work at a school) and certain i'll have issues again soon:(

If it is from one of the other reasons, you can do those ear exercises if you know which side is causing the problem....know which side is the issue before doing them and making it worse though.

Damn a week? That's brutal, I definitely feel for you bro.

I had a bad vertigo episode about 7 years ago. Last for approx 5 days. After the 3rd went to the hospital and had a full check up.. they ruled out everything.

Since then I had a minor episode approx 2 years ago. Only lasted a few hours but man do they suck. Wouldn't wish this shit on anyone. Worst feeling in the world. Just feel so helpless. I am very grateful it doesn't happen to me frequently.

Oh shit mine lasts seconds I couldn't imagine days!

My father used to spend several days in a dark room lying on a recliner or bed due to vertigo attacks. He attributes this due to damage to his inner ear and speculates a load gun shot near his ear created the situation. I would watch him be down and out a week at a time for years. He started getting acupuncture and it pretty much cured him. He no longer gets the attacks as long as he does acupuncture every few months. Its pretty incredible so I always pass this info on to others.

I started getting vertigo on occasion a few years ago. Got up out of bed one day and almost hit the deck when the room started spinning. Was like being super drunk. It came and went in a few days, but have had smaller reoccurrences.

Had a bunch of tests and dr said "It is hard to diagnose", he prescribed Betahistine Hydrochloride. These seem to work quite well.

How severe is it? The crystals in your ears could be off or you could have vestibular neuritis. I had vestibular neuritis 4 years ago and wound up in the hospital for a few days. Are your eyes "dancing" from side to side? If not, your crystals are probably off set.

Here is some info on the Epley Maneuver to reset things. Or you may need to go to a clinic that can do it.

I’ve had it several times over the last 8 years. First time it was a few days, but once I figured out how to do the Epley Maneuver correctly I have managed to fix it in a few hours. I’ve had four or five episodes during this time frame. It is very anxiety inducing for me when it happens, because it feels like you don’t have control over your own body. Did this happen when you were laying down/woke up?

I’ve had it several times over the last 8 years. First time it was a few days, but once I figured out how to do the Epley Maneuver correctly I have managed to fix it in a few hours. I’ve had four or five episodes during this time frame. It is very anxiety inducing for me when it happens, because it feels like you don’t have control over your own body. Did this happen when you were laying down/woke up?

I think it’s from the crystals

I get the vertigo when I’m laying down - if I roll over or move my head.. I’m mostly fine when I’m standing

If I bend over to pick something up, I get the vertigo as well

Have you read about the Epley Maneuver?

Epley Maneuver, yes.

have heard very good things about the ‘maneuver’. (I have had ear problems (SSHL) that has left me damn near deaf in one ear and with very bad tinnitus so I have spent a fair amount of time with ENT docs.

I have friend who was a ‘trick rider’ (horseback) and had to stop because of the vertigo. She did those maneuvers and she is good to go now.

I've had it before as well and have had either a chiropractor or a physical therapist perform the epley maneuver or their version of this type of treatment and that corrects the issue. It may take a day after the adjustment for everything to feel completely back to normal, but usually it's better right after the treatment and continues to improve the remainder of the day.

Have you read about the Epley Maneuver?

I have read about it

I tried it.. apparently didn’t do it right.. lol

Going to seek guidance from an ENT on how to do it properly

Yes, the Epley maneuver is what they use to help restore the ear crystals back in place. The only issue, from what i've read, is that if you do not know what side is causing the issue and do perform the maneuver on the wrong side, it can make things worse, or cause the other side's crystals to get out of whack <----NOT my area, please correct if I am misrepresenting this, lol.

About a year ago, I kept getting lightheaded with some dizziness, but it never escalated to very severe. Actually, last year when we went on Spring Break with the kids, we hit up both Universal Studios and Disneyland, and I was nopt totally over it all yet, so some of the rides screwed me up where I felt super light-headed, out of breath, and almost wanting to vomit, haha. I kept it to myself since we were with the kids and kept getting on all the rides....not gonna bitch-out like that:D

Then, July 5th, I got it super bad, and I was layed-up for a good couple of days where I could not move at all hardly without the room spinning. The last few days were not as severe. I was so nauseous though, it sucked bad. I just layed in bed most of that week and hit up Netflix though, lol.

When it hits hard, you have to stay calm or it makes it worse. Shit spins hard like you are drunk off your ass. Best thing to do is concentrate and focus looking at 1-spot until the spins go away, and just breath and stay calm. It will stop spinning until you move around again. Going to take a piss is a challenge, especially at night:(

I got it again the week prior to this last Christmas, then again like 1-2 months ago, but they were not as bad, but not too bad. I tried working out during this last run, and i had to stop because I was afraid the dumbbells would drop ion my face (chest), and then I felt like vomiting.

My ears feel like they have fluid in them right now, and i'm waiting for it to hit me again.

There are different reasons why vertigo can occur, and like it was mentioned above, it's hard to diagnose, or find the reasoning for it. I'm almost certain mine is because of my eustachian tube not draining correctly after i get a head cold, but who knows.

I have read about it

I tried it.. apparently didn’t do it right.. lol

Going to seek guidance from an ENT on how to do it properly
I found the trick is you really want to go from sitting to laying down really fast so that you really knock that crystal loose and it moves and then you make the head movements to make it leave your inner ear pocket where the nerve endings are.

I think it’s from the crystals

I get the vertigo when I’m laying down - if I roll over or move my head.. I’m mostly fine when I’m standing

If I bend over to pick something up, I get the vertigo as well
Yeah definitely crystals. Sounds exactly like my experiences.

tried to do hypers for lower back on a roman chair

hoooooooooooooooly shit lmao that did not work

tried to do hypers for lower back on a roman chair

hoooooooooooooooly shit lmao that did not work

So you have only had the symptoms for the last few days? Still could get better on its own

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
old timer2
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131