over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Golfers elbow, platelet rich plasma? Failed everything else

npcout

Board Supporter
Registered
Board Supporter
I’ve had golfers elbow for going on a year now. I tried to be conservative but I still can’t train back, or pick up a kid without a lot of pain.

I took 3 months off, wore the counter force brace, heat and cold, cross friction massage, bpc 500mcg daily. 2 failed cortisone shots (they last about a week)

I’ve continued to do all this except bpc as it didn’t make a difference, 2 different brands. I’ve done dry needling, acupuncture, and the rotation exercises. I’ve done stretches, strengthening exercises, everything ortho, pt, YouTube, and what people here say to do.

ortho says to do platelet rich plasma. We are trying to avoid surgery. Anyone have experience with this?

I’ve had golfers elbow for going on a year now. I tried to be conservative but I still can’t train back, or pick up a kid without a lot of pain.

I took 3 months off, wore the counter force brace, heat and cold, cross friction massage, bpc 500mcg daily. 2 failed cortisone shots (they last about a week)

I’ve continued to do all this except bpc as it didn’t make a difference, 2 different brands. I’ve done dry needling, acupuncture, and the rotation exercises. I’ve done stretches, strengthening exercises, everything ortho, pt, YouTube, and what people here say to do.

ortho says to do platelet rich plasma. We are trying to avoid surgery. Anyone have experience with this?
Assuming the cost of the PRP injection is ~$750, just got for it and see for yourself. I’ve seen a ton of mixed reviews on PRP, as with cortisone shots some people swear by them and some people see minimal results.

My two cents, I suffered similarly for two years and blessed to have found relief with no reacurance.

We have a 3rd generation Korean acupuncturist in town. His father and grandfather wrote books on acupuncture and both practiced acupuncture in their 90's.

He said no problem I will fix it.
2 sessions with a minimum of 25+ needles around my elbow, face, chest, stomach, hands , etc did not feel unpleasant in any way.

He told me not to cry when he prepared a dried herb , lighted it on fire then pressed the smoldering ember into my elbow to burn , a slight discomfort.

10 days later, same session..

One week later my elbow felt 100% with no issues noted since.

Unfortunately, this acupuncturist was offered a better paying position in Dubai with all the bells and whistles added.

I would suggest trying acupuncture.

Try this exercise. Have to do it consistently but fixed my issues a couple years ago. Don't buy the heavy one, buy a medium or light.

Buy it here:

Follow the info by Trevor from Smashwerx on YouTube.

Then buy a pair of these:

The order this:

I had similar elbow issues, bicipital tendon issues through the front of shoulder. I have a Dr friend that uses a frequency device for pain management. His patients include pro athletes. Put a wet towel on each end of the issue (shoulder/hand) and send some current through at different frequencies ie: 77hz, 180 hz. It`s all preprogrammed for different issues like tendon, ligament, periosteum program helped my elbow. The device is only for purchase by a licensed Dr but I got one :) It is about $1900! This guy charges $275 per session and is in AZ. Or try a power dot unit. A little bit different but much cheaper for home use.
Here is the device: https://mendtechnology.com/mend-devices/ Maybe you can find a provider near you.

Whether you do PRP, stem cells, or any therapy I can tell you the only true fix for this will be finding a good PT who can help you train around the injury to correctly load the muscle.

I’d find a good PT who works with the Neubi and work with them for at least 10 sessions.

Outside of that you can add collagen, bone broth to meals, curcumin and serrapeptase.

Keep using BPC and TB500.

Will PRP or stem cells give you relief? If there is still tissue there to heal, yes. But remember neither fix or heal bones.

I've been dealing with the lateral version of what you have, tennis elbow and it has been driving me f'ing nuts!
Read everything, tried BPC-157, ice/heat. Contemplated cortisone but my ortho said, "don't!"
Some members here gave me some great options to try having dealt with it themselves. The wrist wraps seem to help Reno...thank you.
So far I've been avoiding certain movements that stress where the tendon bundle insert on the lateral elbow but we use our forearm muscles for EVERYTHING. Taking time off is not an option in my mind so I'm grinding through strengthening my forearm extensors which is supposedly the root of the problem or imbalance. Good luck npcout.

I had the same issue with my elbow for months ... Tried everything and no relief ...turns out i had a MRI done and i had herniated C6 ..C7...the Ulnar nerve from my neck which goes all the way down the arm ...through the elbow and ends at the side of the hand pinky
..Extensive Chiropractic work and PT stopped the pain within 2 weeks .... Just a possibility .....Could be stemming from a similar situation

I have done Ultrasound Guided Prolotherapy in my tricep , shoulder and knee.

Definitely feel that it makes a difference.

Have you done this ?
I watched a tennis player get his wrist and knee’s injected in Columbia. It was multiple injections into all the joints.

It did not look fun, but ran into him at PT later in the week and he was bouncing around saying how all the pain was gone.

From what I was told by the doctor, joints are hit or miss hence they inject them in so many places. If it’s bone on bone with no tissue it won’t do much of anything.

PRP will work for this just get the shot and take it easy for two weeks. Use something like the Therabar to strengthen while
Recovering.

Did you have an MRI? If so what did it show?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
old timer2
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131