over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym etiquette/Sweat/Staph

iam2big4me

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
I have been fortunate enough never had staph infection but know others that have. It can get nasty.

There are some people who just get up from equipment and either clean it half ass or not at all. Do you call them out on it? or just reclean it yourself. I mean I always rewipe it but still dont like cleaning somebody elses shit off.

Recently been using Defense+ soap and wipes. Alot of people like the product great for gym use or protecting against staph infection.

I usually shower after the gym but when pressed for time use the wipes.

Anyway not getting this nasty shit is somewhat on you own accountability staying clean but shit can steal happen.

Attachments

• images (13) (15).jpeg
    images (13) (15).jpeg
    52.4 KB · Views: 17
  • download (2).jpeg
    download (2).jpeg
    4.9 KB · Views: 17
  • images (13) (16).jpeg
    images (13) (16).jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 17
ive gotten a couple staph infections from gyms - including MRSA.. was brutal

i always wipe down the machines after i use them, and dont confront people when they dont do the same

im not trying to be a Karen

Ugh.

One thing they kept from Covid times here in Japan that I appreciate in is the wet wipes and the near perfect utilization of them. The Anytimes I frequent all have several dispensers and bins.

The hardest thing to clean are straps. Got skin stuff twice on the ankles off the reverse hyper machine. Will never use that with just shorts again.

ive gotten a couple staph infections from gyms - including MRSA.. was brutal

i always wipe down the machines after i use them, and dont confront people when they dont do the same

im not trying to be a Karen
Whoa you actually got mrsa from the gym? That's no joke very dangerous.

I don't care at all tbh. I rolled on our clubs mats for decades. Just don't expose open wounds (small cuts etc) to that surface, always wash your hands as soon as you get off the mat, and shower asap (normal soap is fine). Have never gotten any skin infection or fungus crap over all those years.

The only thing I wipe clean is the cardio machines, because I sweat buckets, that would be just rude to not clean up after myself. On bench and machines I just put a towel on the pad

i wonder how long it will be when we will have to (or be commanded by those who tell the media what to tell us to do) actually lift people's weights for them too .

I don't care at all tbh. I rolled on our clubs mats for decades. Just don't expose open wounds (small cuts etc) to that surface, always wash your hands as soon as you get off the mat, and shower asap (normal soap is fine). Have never gotten any skin infection or fungus crap over all those years.

The only thing I wipe clean is the cardio machines, because I sweat buckets, that would be just rude to not clean up after myself. On bench and machines I just put a towel on the pad
Yea when I was rolling I thought it was gross just when sweat landed in my mouth or eye. I also would use athletes foot spray a lot and just had one pair of shoes to wear to or at least home from class. I am the same on cardio I spray and wipe down everything after use. In class though they cleaned the matte morning, noon and night, I have never got anything from the gym myself. Except athletes foot.

This. I remember back in college I went to a small hardcore gym and the campus weight room. Don't think they had all these hand sanitizer dispensary and spray bottles, we lifted paid zero attention to all that, never got sick none of us did. Then now days you go in planet fitness spray bottles everywhere about half the people use them. Unless I see something on the equipment that needs wiping off never paid a lick of attention to wiping equipment or if anyone else does...never get sick. This included 2020 during the flu lockdowns...I went about my business as usual gym, club, zero issues.

Yea when I was rolling I thought it was gross just when sweat landed in my mouth or eye. I also would use athletes foot spray a lot and just had one pair of shoes to wear to or at least home from class. I am the same on cardio I spray and wipe down everything after use. In class though they cleaned the matte morning, noon and night, I have never got anything from the gym myself. Except athletes foot.
anytime i wear any pair of shoes, or hat, I spray it with iso alcohol first and let it dry, and after I'm done I repeat process, keeps them new and zero odor

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
scrawl
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws