over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Impact of Gym Atmosphere

iam2big4me

Verified Customer
Registered
Verified Customer
I always like to go to the gym as much as possible with a vibe but I noticed at certain gyms there is none and you create your own. I go to two diffrent gyms one is more hardcore the other is mainstream. I like going to the hardcore one but its out of my way from work at times and traffic is a mfer on weekdays. So I go to other gym and well? 😏.
I do enjoy cadio there for the visuals thou.😋

Have you ever noticed how the sound of clanking weights, the thud of dumbbells hitting the floor, and assorted screams and grunts in the gym create a unique atmosphere?

For some, these sounds are more than just background noise they're an essential part of the workout experience. They create a sense of intensity and focus, almost like a symphony of determination echoing through the gym. It's not just about the physical exertion; it's about the mental attitude the feeling of being in the zone, pushing yourself to new limits.

These sounds can be surprisingly motivating, serving as a constant reminder of the effort being put in by everyone around you.

They form a sort of communal energy, uniting everyone in their pursuit of bodybuilding and lifting hevy weight goals.

It's not uncommon to find yourself getting swept up in the rhythm of the weights, feeding off the energy of others as you push through your own sets.

But im guessing , not everyone sees it this way.

For many these sounds might be nothing more than distractions, disrupting their focus and hindering their workout. I guess it can get obonoxious at times but also Ive got the evil eye from some before.

They might prefer a quieter n peaceful and serene environment to exercise in.

So, what's your take on it?

Do you thrive on the energy of the gym, finding inspiration in the sounds of hard work being done all around you?

Or do you prefer a quieter setting, where you can concentrate without the distraction of clanging weights and enthusiastic grunts.

Attachments

• images (13) (10).jpeg
    images (13) (10).jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 31
  • images (13) (12).jpeg
    images (13) (12).jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 40
  • download (1).jpeg
    download (1).jpeg
    12.6 KB · Views: 42
  • images (13) (14).jpeg
    images (13) (14).jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 43
  • images (13) (11).jpeg
    images (13) (11).jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 38
  • images (13) (13).jpeg
    images (13) (13).jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 35
O fuck yea it matters. I owned a warehouse gym for 12 years. It was a professionally ran business not just a little side thing but it was more to the hardcore side. We’d do powerlifting, spartan races, and Team triathlons together. Everyone knew everyone for the most part(only a few hundred members) and people would just hangout there or chill after workouts together.

At commercial gyms it’s almost like people are afraid of each other.

Honestly don't give a fuck, my ideal gym session is one I can go through my routine in the order I did the previous time and not have to substitute exercises because its too busy.

depends if you are an external or internally motivated individual..I’m fine alone..I lose interest with others..feels like a shitty job

I like it best when its a little cold and empty.

Ideally I like the gym to be completely empty except for me and a dozen hot latina chicks with big asses and lots of tattoos. Still waiting for that to happen....

I have been training at home for a while now. Got my hands on enough equipment during that thing a few years ago to do decent workouts at home.

I'm still making gains and like being able to take my time. And, I get to continue the music. Hahaha. Not going to lie, I love just walking downstairs to my basement to work out.

That said, I will do day passes from time to time just to go and take in the gym environment again. I have a few very serious/hard core gyms within a reasonable driving distance from me. It's worth it and reminds me of the good old days.

Ideally I like the gym to be completely empty except for me and a dozen hot latina chicks with big asses and lots of tattoos. Still waiting for that to happen....
EOS Ft. Worth, except for the empty part

Honestly don't give a fuck, my ideal gym session is one I can go through my routine in the order I did the previous time and not have to substitute exercises because its too busy.
Yup this. It amazes me how people can just sit in the equipment on their ass so long. 30 minutes to do 3 sets of preacher curls...clowns. I'm not one of the "oh well at least they are in the gym, good for them!!" Crowd.

My favorite was with no body in the gym other than with my dad and/or oscar or one of our training partners. My own music blasting, no windows, no other people.

I don't mind the noise of the weights but I would be annoyed if there were too many people in the same place and I had to worry if someone was using the equipment I needed.

I train at home, I don't need music, so I guess I'm looking for a quiet and relaxed environment.

It makes a huge difference to me. I have a decent building gym I train at if I don’t feel like driving and being around people.

I also am a member at a really good gym where everyone is in shape, guys are on gear, the girls are all IG model hot, and the equipment is awesome. I always get better workouts there because of the vibe.

Gotta have good dumbells and barbells and benches and squat racks… but there needs to be hot broads around. The more the better.

My favorite was with no body in the gym other than with my dad and/or oscar or one of our training partners. My own music blasting, no windows, no other people.
when i was a Gm for la fit for years this was a huge perk. after closing I had entire gym to myself!!! luxury

O fuck yea it matters. I owned a warehouse gym for 12 years. It was a professionally ran business not just a little side thing but it was more to the hardcore side. We’d do powerlifting, spartan races, and Team triathlons together. Everyone knew everyone for the most part(only a few hundred members) and people would just hangout there or chill after workouts together.

At commercial gyms it’s almost like people are afraid of each other.
I’m with you. Luckily I train at a gym like this now where everyone is serious and knows each other. Everyone trains hard. Lots of hot women who are serious into fitness.
I’ve always been very competitive and during my session I see everyone as my “enemy” or someone I’m competing with, and it drives me to be the strongest and hardest working in the gym. Of course everyone hangs out afterwords too, and provides a social aspect for me.
One of the best feelings is cranking out a PR on deads and the whole gym stops to watch. That’s why I liked competing in powerlifting too. The gym replaced sports for me and ticks the box for my competitive nature

Do you think Ronnie and Branch would be the same without Metroflex? I feel like they had the same competitive attitude

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
thinman72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws