over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How dangerous / risky is TRT?

jimmy3024

Registered
Newbies
I see a ton of chatter on this and have friends who take it etc.

I see mixed reviews about the reality and risks of serious health complications as well as claims of the contrary, that TRT actually lowers ones risk of several diseases.

I'd like to hear from you guys -- how risky is it?

What are some possible complications?

Can you safely come off it?

Is it possible to use only Testosterone and no other drugs?

Just to be clear I am talking Testosterone injections that raise levels to the upper end, just outside of the normal range.

I see mixed reviews about the reality and risks of serious health complications as well as claims of the contrary, that TRT actually lowers ones risk of several diseases.

Just to be clear I am talking Testosterone injections that raise levels to the upper end, just outside of the normal range.
we saw what the dark side did to Darth Vader, COPD, and some type of TRAECH/vocal cord damage , exercise with caution young jedi!

Well Jimmy… hate to break it to you, but you my friend are doing TRT. Does it feel risky? lol

But there are so many variables to this… Your age, goals, stats, do you want kids?

Honestly, this is probably a question you should have answered before doing Test or TRT.

To most guys on here you’ll find that TRT to them on a scale of 1-10 is like a 1 when it comes to how risky it is.

If you are using a dose that keeps your T within normal levels hard to see how it's dangerous.

Medical TRT and "Sports" TRT are both different

Keeping yourself in a physiological range (700-900) ng/dl (with an appropriate free T level), and walking around with 1500+ levels year round are different from a health standpoint

The latter might cause a higher erythrocyte production, and lipid dysfunctionality

You also have fertility to consider if having kids is on your list

With that being said, testosterone is probably one of the safer things to take long term, especially if you're training hard and dialing in your nutrition and sleep

Ive been on TRT for 15 years. Last year I had an angiogram where they actually go into your heart and look for blockages and damage etc. My cardiologist told me, "what ever you are doing, keep doing it, your heart looks great."

If your natural testosterone is low, then it is more risky to remain that way than go on TRT.

I would say the positives outway the negatives. I suppose as you age into your later years maybe above 60 there could be issues on the prostate or other issues that may come up.

If your bloodwork is in check for the most part should be ok.

There are no big long term studies that i have seen that show TRT to lead to long term better health or longer life. But it seems most men that have higher levels naturally and are not on TRT tend to be healthier. So the hope is that supplementing testosterone will have the same effect for those that are low in T. But that has not been proven that i k know of. But as i started Dr. prescribed TRT about 25 years ago i ma hoping then benifits out weigh and negative outcome.

More dangerous for sure is having very low testosterone levels. Also if you had to choose do you prefer live 80 amazing years or 95 horrible ones?
For me, this is the philosophy I follow. I can't speak for anyone else, but when choosing to use gear at any level, to me the risk is implied whether you choose to go this route through a doctor or on your own.

Regardless, do your bloodwork, supplement accordingly, and know when to back off if needed. The quality of life is what I'm after and would rather die in the gym at 80 than having not been out of bed for years at 90.

Just start banging 1g a week for TRT… You’ll thank me later! ✊🏽

Cage

It's a slippery slope Jimmy. Providing you keep your free and total in the mid to upper range of normal you should be ok unless you have a blood disorder as others have stated. The problem with just about everything in life is if a little works good then more is better right? No!
Getting on TRT is usually for life. Once introduced, the body stops making its own testosterone and the longer you take it the harder it is for your HPTA to recover if you do come off. True TRT is for old guys like me (55). I'll be on some version of TRT for the remainder of my life.

There are no big long term studies that i have seen that show TRT to lead to long term better health or longer life. But it seems most men that have higher levels naturally and are not on TRT tend to be healthier. So the hope is that supplementing testosterone will have the same effect for those that are low in T. But that has not been proven that i k know of. But as i started Dr. prescribed TRT about 25 years ago i ma hoping then benifits out weigh and negative outcome.
I think that those who are on TRT in general are more cognizant of their greater health contributors and influences rather than some lucky old timer who is defying statistics genetically (and possibly lifestyle), but most guys on TRT that serves as a genesis to further health research and personal refinement , the hrt crowd looks healthier than the non hrt crowd in my observations

I got off everything for about 15 years, just tired to taking shots all the time, I am getting back on to trt life sucks without it.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
old timer2
NapsGear