over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The age of being offended.

pesty4077

Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Staff member
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So, I saw some young girl on TikTok attempting to do a back double biceps. She was crunching her shoulders together. I decided to help her out by telling her how to do properly. To make a long story, she gets offended and tells me she looks good. Of course, many girls think that on social media. The take plenty of ass and boob shots for guys to stroke their egos. None want to hear honesty. They have way too many simps saying they are the most beautiful thing going. Then I thought, this is social media and normal nowadays, The younger generation is full of being offended at any given moment.

This is why I don't pay attention to these sites much. At least here, I can get honesty about progress and the way I am doing things. Promuscle stands out to me. I never go on youtube. Facebook I have for relatives and to keep in touch. Instagram I have people in my gym post stuff and I follow because I know them. If I say I never listen to guys like Sam, because I never have. There is few people I like reading their articles. 44 years, you tend to hear a lot of what they are saying anyhow.

At the end of day, I don't need social media to survive. Went 45 years without it. Life was fine and different. However, Promuscle I still read articles to keep me up to date and honest. This is one of the few sites I actually enjoy reading things. The rest, well I couldn't tell you how many people I blocked. I have never blocked anyone here.

Just some insight, nothing more.

Everyone gets offended about everything these days. This is why I won't help anyone in the gym unless they approach me and ask for advice.

If you found a silver bullet cure for all forms of cancer you know people would be complaining that this is putting Healthcare employees out of work.

Everyone gets offended about everything these days. This is why I won't help anyone in the gym unless they approach me and ask for advice.

If you found a silver bullet cure for all forms of cancer you know people would be complaining that this is putting Healthcare employees out of work.
I don't help anyone at the gym even if they ask. They don't listen anyhow. Especially when you begin with nutrition. I think most of these kids think it is a certain steroid. Some take at my gym and don't even look like they workout.

Most people on social media are looking for attention, not critiques.

I don’t do social except a personal FB that I rarely use. My life is so much more peaceful without it.

I agree that it’s nice on here that guys have thick skin (most days) as it’s a group of guys who are into bodybuilding on a serious level. Totally different avenue than IG.

dont take it personally..

a young woman got a blind guy kicked out of a gym because he was staring at her

lots of women are strange these days.. im not sure what happened :/
That is beyond fucked up.

I found 30 years ago if i wandered over to a person and told them they were doing something wrong at the gym. I often was greeted in a less then pleasant manner. I quit offering advice unless asked. Luckily these days i am well past the age of caring if some one gets offended with me. I find people are mostly the same these days as in the past. it is just easier to find out what people think as they broadcast it all the time with easy access. But i have never been one to spend much time perusing most social media sites. And the ones i do i usually turn off the notices so i never find out what others have to say about my posts as i couldn't care about others opinion. Unless i know the person or know hey have knowledge or back up their opinion with some good data then opinions mean nothing and i have enough of my own to last me.

It’s the young kids being mad about anything, they can’t tolerate anything they don’t agree with, even if someone who’s been there and done that offers advice, most take it personal.
You can only do what you can do and if they get offended so be it…. Can’t even say jokes anymore etc. strange times

Why did you feel compelled to do this?
Why do people compell to make comments on people's posts here? I think most of us want to help others.

Actually when I got started and that was well before anyone knew what an internet was, I had guys who really knew what they were doing help me. If they corrected what I was doing wrong, I actually thank them because I wanted to learn.

The difference is nowadays lots want more attention and compliments before honesty. They get more offended then my generation ever did. We were thirsty for knowledge and wanted guidance.

She probably didn't want true comments. Probably just how good she looked. Unless someone ask I wouldn't comment either. On here yeah guys want to know the truth to improve. I get you where trying to help. She seen it the same way as I do when friends family start making comments when I would get really lean. "You don't look healthy". "You look older, why do that you looked better before" lol I'm sure someone else deals with these comments besides me.

C’mon @pesty4077 dish out that tea! Did she flip out on you? Tell me there’s video so we can get a laugh out of this. Did she accuse you of sexually harassing her or sexually assaulting her too?

I don’t use public gyms anymore, but no f’n way in hell would I ever approach a young female. Way too unpredictable nowadays. Which you found out the hard way. Sorry this happened….

It would have pissed me off personally if I were in your shoes. Most likely I would have ripped her apart with insults to really make her feel shitty about herself at that point. Not the right thing to do, but I don’t do the right thing all the time anymore.

Cage

She probably didn't want true comments. Probably just how good she looked. Unless someone ask I wouldn't comment either. On here yeah guys want to know the truth to improve. I get you where trying to help. She seen it the same way as I do when friends family start making comments when I would get really lean. "You don't look healthy". "You look older, why do that you looked better before" lol I'm sure someone else deals with these comments besides me.
On that note, I have something funny to tell you. I was in California 4 months and my wife was in Romania. I got down to probably 7% bf. Then I went to see here feeling real good about how I looked. When she sees me, she asks me if I am sick. 😂 She was looking right at my face with my face sucked in. 😁 Her mother sees me and immediately tries to feed me. 🤣 So, I get that about family. Our perception is differently different then theirs.

C’mon @pesty4077 dish out that tea! Did she flip out on you? Tell me there’s video so we can get a laugh out of this. Did she accuse you of sexually harassing her or sexually assaulting her too?

I don’t use public gyms anymore, but no f’n way in hell would I ever approach a young female. Way too unpredictable nowadays. Which you found out the hard way. Sorry this happened….

It would have pissed me off personally if I were in your shoes. Most likely I would have ripped her apart with insults to really make her feel shitty about herself at that point. Not the right thing to do, but I don’t do the right thing all the time anymore.

Cage
Nah, don't lower yourself. Being older, I tend to have more patience. She didn't piss me off anyhow. Just an insight, nothing more.

Girls are also different at my gym. They don't mind you talking to them. At least with me, they treat me nice. Different mentality in other parts of the world, I guess.

So, I saw some young girl on TikTok attempting to do a back double biceps. She was crunching her shoulders together. I decided to help her out by telling her how to do properly. To make a long story, she gets offended and tells me she looks good. Of course, many girls think that on social media. The take plenty of ass and boob shots for guys to stroke their egos. None want to hear honesty. They have way too many simps saying they are the most beautiful thing going. Then I thought, this is social media and normal nowadays, The younger generation is full of being offended at any given moment.

This is why I don't pay attention to these sites much. At least here, I can get honesty about progress and the way I am doing things. Promuscle stands out to me. I never go on youtube. Facebook I have for relatives and to keep in touch. Instagram I have people in my gym post stuff and I follow because I know them. If I say I never listen to guys like Sam, because I never have. There is few people I like reading their articles. 44 years, you tend to hear a lot of what they are saying anyhow.

At the end of day, I don't need social media to survive. Went 45 years without it. Life was fine and different. However, Promuscle I still read articles to keep me up to date and honest. This is one of the few sites I actually enjoy reading things. The rest, well I couldn't tell you how many people I blocked. I have never blocked anyone here.

Just some insight, nothing more.

If only she knew the amount of knowledge that she just let slip right past her.

So many ignorant and entitled people my man.

She could have at least ACTED like she cared. It doesn’t fucking hurt to be nice.

Didn't read all the replies yet but we live in the age of people being "offended" and "micro aggressions". If someone is offended by simwonelse that's a personal problem in my book. People like to claim they are victims or offended in today's ultra sensitive fragile world because being a "victim" is a good way to gain sympathy, attention, $$, power, etc. words we used as kids, certain jokes, are no longer socially acceptable lol.

I had a girl ask my advice a few days ago and when I gave it to her she instantly was offended and said I was wrong and I didn’t even know her bla bla bla. I just said go fuck yourself know it all and walked off. Not only are these fuckers brittle they are also rude pre sumptuous, entitled and legends in their own mind. Just like the majority Iv observed or talked to. She spent her entire workout flexing and posing and taking pics and it was the worst posing I’d ever seen in my life and her body looked as if she only flexed and never trained. Girls ass was completely flat too and she was wearing those pleated ass yoga pants and her shapeless calves were bigger than her upper leg. Quite hideous and she just thought she was the cats meow. Maybe she is to these broccoli top half a man’s.

We need to fill in some gaps here. I’ll preface by saying I am not easily offended. I’m old world where there’s discipline and consequences for actions, so I’m likely the one doing the offending out in the world today.

@buck and @pesty4077, if I’m not mistaken, you’re both in your sixties? It’s important that you acknowledge that some people hate white male baby boomers. You can do your own Google search on that. So Pesty, right off the bat, you’re at a disadvantage in approaching someone.

Finally, what was your approach? Did you approach with a friendly greeting first and introduce yourself, maybe ask if she is practicing posing for a competition, or did you say "Hey you’re doing that wrong" Because if someone did that to me, I’d absolutely tell them to fuck their mom. As a different example, imagine someone really knowledgeable and advanced like @luki7788 who has a video of himself doing smith inclines with like 4 or 5 plates per side and someone out of nowhere going up to him and simply saying "your grip is too wide."

Also, the comparison to the forum is inaccurate. We all signed up for accounts with the intention of having discussions and help each other as you stated. It’s implied that people want comments and posts in their thread to learn. There’s no way of telling if someone in a public place minding their own business wants that. Not until you see how an initial conversation is going.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
scrawl
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131