over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Explain the popularity of Bumstead

How can u not understand it's not just about physique, it's the total package. Stop being so simple minded and making things sound so black and white. There arent just two camps for physiques and you're delusional or just hating if you think cbum isn't considered sexy or shredded or even huge, he still has a big frame, strong, handsome, likeable, funny, charismatic, and just gives off a laid back normal guy vibe while having a Olympia level physique.

You're #1 doesnt really exist anymore....other than competitive BBers which is such a small population size.
The rise of "gym culture" of wanting to be big, "but not too big" is the reason CBum is a god.
20 year olds look at him as an achievable physique...which is absolutely bat shit crazy. I know.
To them, he's the equivalent of a jacked NFL guy. "Hey, if i go to the gym for a couple years I could look like that right?"
Nope. Not happening.

Chris's physique is even more impossible to obtain compared to some open class guys

It's an alien bone structure, which you cannot train for lol

One could carry the kind of muscle an open class guy carries if they have good genetics, but there's only 1 guy on this planet right now that has that structure; Cbum

Chris's physique is even more impossible to obtain compared to some open class guys

One could carry the kind of muscle an open class guy carries if they have good genetics, but there's only 1 guy on this planet right now that has that structure; Cbum
Exactly, shows you how stupid the average fitness guy is.
These are the same guys that also when they decide to compete, they enter Classic....not because they have a classic structure, but because they just look at it as DIET BODYBUILDING...BBing Light. "Oh, i dont have to get as big and waste 5-10 years growing muscle, ill just do classic." People are stupid.

Exactly, shows you how stupid the average fitness guy is.
These are the same guys that also when they decide to compete, they enter Classic....not because they have a classic structure, but because they just look at it as DIET BODYBUILDING...BBing Light. "Oh, i dont have to get as big and waste 5-10 years growing muscle, ill just do classic." People are stupid.
Yup

You can be a 185 lbs small bodybuilder

And not be a 185 lbs classic bodybuilder

But the unaware ones only use size as the determining factor

He is massive compared to most all men and is ripped compared to most all men. He seems really nice and humble. And has one many shows and people love winners till they crash then they love to trash them. Classic is far more easy to do for most guys compared to open. And if he was single i am sure he could get enough pussy to satisfy all his desires. And he has money Waht is not to like for 9o%+ of the population.
I have to disagree here. Amature level NPC bodybuilding has weight classes and the young guys in bodybuilding are no more or less than the guys in the NPC classic, if anything there will be less competition. Most of the cbum fanboys are not going to get past the local NPC level anyways. This whole idea that Cbum is "attainable" is laughable. His physique is no more attainable that Arnolds was back in the 70's, and how many got close then? He only appears "attainable" when compared to the top IFBB open guys.

NPC level bodybuilding is no "harder" than NPC Classic IMO and I think this is pretty proven when looking at state level comp photos on NPCnewsonline.

I think Bumstead has that physique that made BBing grow in the 70s. By the mid 80s it was starting to decline, at least among the common man. Sure, the 90s had great physiques (perhaps the most great ones), but they were already getting freaky big, and you lose most people.

Lots of great physiques in the 70s and early 80s could wear a jacket and tie and look good. Any modern BBer wearing a suit looks like a clown.

Personally, I'd rather look like Bumstead than Hadi, and I've got nothing but respect for Hadi. And I think most, non hardcore BBers feel the same. The freakier the top guys get, the smaller the audience becomes, sadly.

I think the dudes in board shorts (can't remember the name of that division) look great as well. Small waists, excellent V-taper, good conditioning, but the lack of leg development, especially the calves looks kinda lame. And compared to the BBers, those dudes are getting more ass than a toilet seat!

I have seen much stranger specimens in this respect.

Cydney in figure or Shanique Grant in WPD.

And of course, Andrew in open BB is light years ahead of any other human being.

Bumstead would have the same fame with only one title, just like DLB who only won one Olympia.

In fact, Dana's case is much more fascinating. She came along in the era when the bikini was created and the figure still had soft small girls. Female bodybuilding was being canceled. I mean, among all these sexy, stripper-looking girls, she gained ground without sexualising herself, without implants.

It was the time of Kai's extravagant routines and the beginning of Phil's reign.

This is an industry where women don't get the same attention and recognition, even if you're Iris Kyle with 11 titles, fans will hate you because you don't look sexually fuckable.

It's an industry of men and pretty girls, but she was as popular as Mister Olympia.

Cbum has found a good mix between being humble and self-confidence. He is relatable and funny.. he could be your typical gymbro

Watch some of his video and you understand
I guess I’m the only one who finds his videos hard to watch. I’ve said this before, but he is just monotone and seems sad to me all the time lol 😂 much respect to him as far as what he’s achieved, but not exactly what I think of when I think “charismatic” from what I’ve seen.

He’s popular because the Classic bodybuilding look is popular, and he’s the greatest representation of it.
Bodybuilding went down a rabbit hole of extreme mass monsters the past 20-30 years. Now that Classic is a thing of course it’s going to be more popular, the general public’s opinion has always favored it

I bet most gym goers starting out wanted to look like Arnold, not Markus Ruhl

I think Bumstead has that physique that made BBing grow in the 70s. By the mid 80s it was starting to decline, at least among the common man. Sure, the 90s had great physiques (perhaps the most great ones), but they were already getting freaky big, and you lose most people.

Lots of great physiques in the 70s and early 80s could wear a jacket and tie and look good. Any modern BBer wearing a suit looks like a clown.

Personally, I'd rather look like Bumstead than Hadi, and I've got nothing but respect for Hadi. And I think most, non hardcore BBers feel the same. The freakier the top guys get, the smaller the audience becomes, sadly.

I think the dudes in board shorts (can't remember the name of that division) look great as well. Small waists, excellent V-taper, good conditioning, but the lack of leg development, especially the calves looks kinda lame. And compared to the BBers, those dudes are getting more ass than a toilet seat!

Bumstead wins for the same reason any athlete in other divisions wins, because he has more size and condition combined with proportions and everything else.

So, it doesn't matter if the fans want the athletes to look small or not too massive, competition and time results in all athletes growing bigger and tougher.

It happens in all divisions. In classic and MPD they have set the weight /height limit. But still, within that margin, the athlete who attracts the most attention is going to win, and that's always who look the biggest and toughest. (See Clarida at 212). And also, usually, if some time goes by and the athletes don't look amazing, the PL will raise the weight limits, as they did with classic, and previously at 212.

In fact, are the athletes themselves who are calling for the weight limits to be raised.

I bet most gym goers starting out wanted to look like Arnold, not Markus Ruhl

Most gym-goers would rather look like O'Hearn than Arnold.

Many more would rather look like Rich than like Ruhl, Dillet, Nasser or any other pro.

So what's your point?

Red pill means you are awake and know what's going on in our world

Red pill means you are awake and know what's going on in our world
I don't know about this. I think it started out as that maybe but turned into woman hating incel culture. I'm pretty conservative far maybe extreme right and I find red pill lame and annoying.

Most gym-goers would rather look like O'Hearn than Arnold.

Many more would rather look like Rich than like Ruhl, Dillet, Nasser or any other pro.

So what's your point?
My point is I disagree. Take the average gym goer and I don’t think they want to look like Rich Piana at all. Or even O’Hearn for that matter. Although when Ohearn is smaller he has the look I was talking about anyway, the classic look.
Most dudes in the gym would rather have a golden era, classic, or hell… even a men’s physique look.

Stop focusing so much on the specific names and think about the types of physiques those names have

I’m talking AVERAGE gym goer. General population. Not hardcore bodybuilders.
And why am I talking about the average dude who’s trying to put on muscle? Because the thread’s question was “Explain the popularity of Bumstead”.

This is a misunderstanding of the female gaze. He is incredibly sexy to young fertile women. He has god tier facial features, he's a member of the ethnic group women of all ethnic groups find the most attractive (this is not a value judgement or my opinion, just an empirical fact that whites are strongly preferred on the dating market and this is more true for men than it is for women), and he's six foot 1. His more sensitive and "feminine" behavioural disposition is also very appealing to most girls. Girls don't actually like dominant hypermasculine personalities, by and large. This is just red pill fantasy.
Aren't you black ? Or half ?

I don't know about this. I think it started out as that maybe but turned into woman hating incel culture.

You’re allowed to think this, of course

it’s just not correct

I can attribute any bs I want to any ideology.. it doesn’t mean the ideology has changed

I guess I’m the only one who finds his videos hard to watch. I’ve said this before, but he is just monotone and seems sad to me all the time lol 😂 much respect to him as far as what he’s achieved, but not exactly what I think of when I think “charismatic” from what I’ve seen.
He’s just a “regular dude” and that’s why so many people relate to him and like him. He’s not Tom Brady or Michael Jordan and knows it. Nor is he Arnold in terms of ambition and success in life.

Arnold’s look with a “regular dude” attitude. Isn’t that like the ideal dream of our society currently for younger guys. 😂

Nothing wrong with being that way. Not everyone can or wants to be a Tom Brady or MJ. That’s a different level of sacrifice.

Aren't you black ? Or half ?
Yes, I am black/white/latin mixed. But acknowledging the objective revealed preferences of others doesn't have much to do with my own ethnicity. It's just data, nothing to be offended or triggered by.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
sharkygear
NapsGear