over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Explain the popularity of Bumstead

Most guys who follow bodybuilding fall into one of two classes..

(1) we want to be as massive and freaky and ridiculously nasty alien muscular as we possibly can

(2) we want to be as shredded and as sexy as we can be

Bumstead falls into neither of these categories. So why is he so popular?

If a guy wanted physique goals and inspiration for a pussy-shredding physique, CBum wouldn't even be in the top 50 of the IG influencers who compete in physique, classic, etc

If a guy wants that nasty Ronnie/Ruhl/Ramy gigantism alien freaky size, Cbum isn't in the top 500..
To answer this question all you have to do is answer “why was Arnold so popular”.

He’s the face and idea of bodybuilding for this era just as Arnold was for his. The ideal “bodybuilding physique”.

How could anyone NOT understand why CBUM is so popular. 🤷‍♂️

In my opinion, CBum just happens to be an all around like able guy who just happenEd to gain popularity at the very beginning stages of Social Media and he really doesn’t fit the “influencer” stereotype even with his insanely large following.

From my understanding red pill = angry incels who blame women for all their problems, hate women , want to hurt and use women and find comfort in "brotherhood" or being close to and confiding their sorrows with other men because they think we are all "brothers" and should bind together to fight the evil pussy. Seems pretty gay to me. I love women, wish there were more of them and less dudes.
Where I live much more women than men.

What is red pill

red pill folks are men who hate women
I don't think they "hate" women, but they greatly misunderstand them. Some of them definitely do just hate women, but I think an issue lots of them have is not realizing that men and women's preferences in a partner are a lot more similar than they think.

I don't think they "hate" women, but they greatly misunderstand them. Some of them definitely do just hate women, but I think an issue lots of them have is not realizing that men and women's preferences in a partner are a lot more similar than they think.

The red pill is simply seeing the world for the way it really is, and acting accordingly

Any hatred, malice, or envy is not a part of the ideology… to attribute such negative characteristics is bald-faced strawmanning

I find the idea that you think CBUM isn't big enough or shredded enough to be "sexy" not to align well with what most people find attractive.

Generally bodybuilders are not seen as "sexy" by gen-pop; check the top-10 most attractive males list for any year and tell me how many body builders are on there? How many bodybuilders are considered heart-throbs?

As for why CBUM is popular; he looks good - he might not be the biggest, or the most shredded, but he looks good - not only in his physique, but his face and how he carriers himself. he has a highly likeable personality which means he can appeal to the "everyman/woman" and is just all round marketable.

A lot of people tout him as a household name which I'm not sure is quite true, atleast not yet. Sure if you have even a passing interest in strength sport or fitness you'll know who he is, but Mrs. Higgins at #42 surely won't.

Now if he takes her personality and exposure BB has given him and applies that to film or TV - it's highly likely he will become a bona fide megastar.

I think CBUM is a clever business man, and he just was at the right time at the right place, and knew how to play the social media game to his advantage.

He is a well constructed consumer product, but in general, none of the famous or popular people have done anything worthy of such status, and it seems to be getting worse every day, the pop stars of 30 years ago did something you can call music, but now? The BB stars had to compete, now that is not necessary.

You write rubbish like Harry Potter and sell millions of books, you write the geneaolgy of morality and half a dozen other of the best books in the history of philosophy, and you have to give your books away to your friends because don't sell.

The world has always been like that, at least since the fall of the great Greek civilisation.

This is a misunderstanding of the female gaze. He is incredibly sexy to young fertile women. He has god tier facial features, he's a member of the ethnic group women of all ethnic groups find the most attractive (this is not a value judgement or my opinion, just an empirical fact that whites are strongly preferred on the dating market and this is more true for men than it is for women), and he's six foot 1. His more sensitive and "feminine" behavioural disposition is also very appealing to most girls. Girls don't actually like dominant hypermasculine personalities, by and large. This is just red pill fantasy.

I'm not sure his size and muscle definition is attractive to the average woman, but for women, his beauty is more about his face/height/income combination than his body.

But most of his fans are not women, they are men who aspire to look like him or are gay. This is true of any bodybuilder and fitness model, even with people like Cristiano Ronaldo who doesn't have much muscle is in the same way.

I also doubt very much that he, like anyone else, hasn't bought millions of fans.

To answer this question all you have to do is answer “why was Arnold so popular”.

He’s the face and idea of bodybuilding for this era just as Arnold was for his. The ideal “bodybuilding physique”.

How could anyone NOT understand why CBUM is so popular. 🤷‍♂️

I hate Arnold because he's a jerk, a politician and he got a lot of gifts from Weider, but what he's accomplished is far more important than what Bumstead can do (not to mention his accomplishments outside of the sport).

Arnold beat Oliva, Zane, or Ferrigno. He also had a unique posing style and invented a few poses or transitions.

In 20 years no one will talk about any of Bumstead's routines and everyone will laugh at the opponents he beat.

This is what is wrong with today's world, you are no longer valued for your performance in any area, now it only matters if you are nice and friendly, from an ethnic minority or fighting for climate change.

In a real world and not the delusional world we live in, Bumstead would hardly have won the pro card.

Cbum has found a good mix between being humble and self-confidence. He is relatable and funny.. he could be your typical gymbro

Watch some of his video and you understand

Also, I think a lot of people are attracted to his look and the overall Physique look in general because it is more attainable/relatable to the average Joe bodybuilder/fitness enthusiast.

He is a charismatic guy that draws young people in. Same as far more young lifters/competitors know Nick Walker from his q&a filled with ass eating jokes, Corvette and hot girlfriend than know Hadi or Ramy. Even less charismatic guys like Derek.

Kinda like people (some there was plenty of hate lol) like Tom Brady more than Peyton Manning... the glitzy high end endorsements for Tag Heuer etc, the nice clothes, super model wife, multi time champ, TB12 products... Peyton Manning was incredible but a regular guy. People want to be the cool guy AND the guy that wins.

I think he is popular because his physique is perceived as more attainable. Plus as someone stated he is a good looking guy and very personable. Most people see open bodybuilding and think yuck....where as fans of open bodybuilding are more get big or die trying type folks

Also

He was gracious in losing before he became the champ

And he is gracious in winning now that he’s at the top

People like good sportsmanship and tend to find cockiness distasteful

He's humble and soft spoken. Deep thinker talker. His physique is middle ground and that is what I'd personally like to look like. You get the pros of 1 and 2 mixed. He's smart af for what he's done for himself.

You're #1 doesnt really exist anymore....other than competitive BBers which is such a small population size.
The rise of "gym culture" of wanting to be big, "but not too big" is the reason CBum is a god.
20 year olds look at him as an achievable physique...which is absolutely bat shit crazy. I know.
To them, he's the equivalent of a jacked NFL guy. "Hey, if i go to the gym for a couple years I could look like that right?"
Nope. Not happening.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
thinman72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner