over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2024 IFBB Pro Athlete and Show(s) running Mega Thread

Its crazy to me that all these shows have wayyy better lighting than the Olympia

Its crazy to me that all these shows have wayyy better lighting than the Olympia
Chris Aceto brought this up last night on Heavy Muscle Radio.

His point of view was the crew that runs the Olympia thinks they know best. They don't care what the fans want, they don't care what other shows do - they believe they know the best way to do things.

It's very similar to how Vince McMahon ran WWE - he didn't care about what the fans wanted, he thought he knew best at all times.

I was hoping with Dan Solomon running the Olympia things would change. Some things have improved - ex. more access for the press - but overall it's still a long way from what it should be.

The Detroit Pro turned out to be a great show imo. Very disappointing leading up and finding out there were just 6 competitors and Fouad etc were probably annoyed and worried it would be a flop but the final outcome was probably the best they could have hoped for given the line up. The lighting was great and it was a very nice touch having the 3 prize awards dedicated to Luke, John and Cedric. The battle for first was very close and I wouldn't have argued either way but Martin is the most complete bodybuilder out of the 2 so deserved the victory. Vito is on a good path and had the potential to do very well in big shows. Ronald Gordon had a very nice physique and impressed me. He looks insane from the back. Justin is regressing and even if he has a great prep and comes in the best he can he isn't going to be as good as in the past so it would be smart to call it a day. If not then he has to get his waist down but it's got to the point even with the right changes it most likely will never look great.

Is it just me or does Justin Rodriguez’s physique look “tired” he comes in great shape but idk he always just looks so run down. I know he took a short break but it just doesn’t seem like he can bounce back to the look he had a few years ago..and then there’s the lack of mid section control.

Is it just me or does Justin Rodriguez’s physique look “tired” he comes in great shape but idk he always just looks so run down. I know he took a short break but it just doesn’t seem like he can bounce back to the look he had a few years ago..and then there’s the lack of mid section control.
Rodriguez is done. Some guys' bodies just don't last as long as others.

It's been years now that he hasn't been able to improve or maintain - he's gotten worse despite I'm sure putting in his best efforts. He's also switched coaches multiple times, now working with one of Matt Jansen's understudies. I don't know what's going on with his midsection - it's lean but it's definitely bigger than in the past.

If he would've taken an extended break a few years ago (which everyone was telling him to do) he might have been able to get a few more good competitive years. But's like all extreme things - some people are Keith Richards and some people overdose from their first line of cocaine. Some bodybuilders can push hard for as long as they want and some bodybuilders only have a limited window.

Bob has spoken and responded to the criticism regarding the Olympia lighting, he says that they try to do it right but it is very difficult because the stage is different, because it is too big, bablablabla.

The truth is that they don't care, they know that the fans are going to buy the tickets and the PPV, so they make sure to put on an overwhelming show (in a bad way) with as many lights, colors and annoying advertising as possible.

2024detroitPRO_041424_results.jpg

MEN'S BODYBUILDING

1 MARTIN FITZWATER

15701003.jpg
15701004.jpg
15701005.jpg
15701005.jpg
15701008.jpg
15701009.jpg
15701006.jpg
15701011.jpg
15701013.jpg
15701014.jpg

2 VITALII GOODVITO

15701035.jpg
15701038.jpg
15701042.jpg
15701043.jpg
15701044.jpg
15701045.jpg
15701118.jpg
15701124.jpg
15701131.jpg

What in the name of bodybuilding is going on with nr.5 arms and forarms ?

Bob has spoken and responded to the criticism regarding the Olympia lighting, he says that they try to do it right but it is very difficult because the stage is different, because it is too big, bablablabla.

The truth is that they don't care, they know that the fans are going to buy the tickets and the PPV, so they make sure to put on an overwhelming show (in a bad way) with as many lights, colors and annoying advertising as possible.
They need to get a good gaffer from Hollywood.

Vegas may have somebody good because of all the stage shows.

Just don’t get anybody off the street, hand them a lightbulb and say have at it.

Rodriguez is done. Some guys' bodies just don't last as long as others.

It's been years now that he hasn't been able to improve or maintain - he's gotten worse despite I'm sure putting in his best efforts. He's also switched coaches multiple times, now working with one of Matt Jansen's understudies. I don't know what's going on with his midsection - it's lean but it's definitely bigger than in the past.

If he would've taken an extended break a few years ago (which everyone was telling him to do) he might have been able to get a few more good competitive years. But's like all extreme things - some people are Keith Richards and some people overdose from their first line of cocaine. Some bodybuilders can push hard for as long as they want and some bodybuilders only have a limited window.
His tendency to "pull it together" in the last two weeks has played a role IMO. That shit may work when you are young but anyone over 35 knows the "way" you used to do things simply stops working with age. Perhaps an EXTENDED time really lean, with him ACTIVELY holding in that stomach(something he NEVER does in any of his videos) and a break COULD be his last hope. When he was standing there with his medal and they were announcing the winner he looked Kovacs esq. triceps are completely gone and he looks "melted" elsewhere.

Marty looked great

Is it me, or are there are more and more diastasis thee days? I am not necessarily talking about what was coined "bubble gut" or distention. There is a lot of that goin on in this particular show, however, I am not referring to that. I am referring to the actual separation down the linea alba.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws