over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym opening update?

I heard from a friend who knows some important people that gyms in NJ may not open until September. I really hope he is wrong.

How are gyms going to survive? Atilis must be going crazy.

I’ve heard of gyms and fitness studios closing in NY and NJ and I’d expect a lot more this fall/winter to go out of business. A lot of places now are doing personal training and group classes to make money.

NJ was supposed to open up inside dining but the governor changed his mind a few days before it was going to happen. Restaurants had already ordered food, hired and trained new staff, spent money on rearranging their place etc. What adds to the frustration is he doesn’t tell anyone his process for making these decisions.

Time to invest in a home gym.

I'd never intentionally butt heads with you Mal, but 126,000 is pretty high to me mate.
Japan has 975 for 130 million. I don't know if it is mask use, obesity, or whatever, but it shocking from this perspective. Something is wrong...

I just hope it gets sorted before winter - as you mention there will be a flu season compounding things.
Exercise is important not only physically, but mentally.
My mom fortunately has a big yard with several gardens to keep her busy.

To me, the situation is not surprising at all. The US is one of the most overweight / obese countries in the world and that's factually documented as a top risk factor for hospitalization and having a more severe case of coronavirus. The first Google result I got on countries ranked by obesity was 2016 data and had the US at 12 while Japan was at 185. So that's likely a big reason for our more severe sitution.

Add on top of that our high rate of chronic diseases and it's a miracle we don't have more deaths. What's most frustrating is nobody in the media or politics will talk about that - how if we'd take steps to be more healthy as individuals, we wouldn't have shit like this happen at such a severe level.

Further, the US CDC has again said this week they believe the true infection rate is 10x higher than what's being reported and most people with coronavirus actually don't spread it to anyone - it's the superspreaders causing the bulk of transmission. It always sucks to lose someone, but if you 10x our rate of infection, the deaths don't look so bad.

Here is a graphic on some of the countries, haven't found one yet more comprehensive. The UK is having a death rate almost 2x the US. Cant even look at China because they release false info.

21170.jpeg

The list on this page is more comprehensive.

Many factors affect the death rate. One big factor would be the average age of the population. Countries with higher % of elderly are going to have a higher death rate, especially countries that have a lot of folks in rest homes.

In that graphic above, im going to guess that the life expectancy is considerably lower in Ecuador than in the US.

Overall population density in big cities. Hence so many deaths in New York City. Italy hit hard, dense pop.

I saw yesterday that most school age kids don't show hardly any symptoms and they don't even transmit it. That makes me feel better about sending my daughter back to high school. Many kids don't even know they have it. Its a good thing they have a low rate of transmission too.

Just looking at data, Rwanda has the 2nd lowest death rate, .09 per 1 million. That means the death rate in the US is 4322 X worse than Rwanda's. The death rate in Japan is 86 X higher than Rwanda. Does that mean Rwanda is run better, has a better president, and is a better place to live than both the US and Japan? There are obviously many factors affecting the spread and death rate, its not simple. Obviously Rwanda is not a great place to live.

Just looking at data, Rwanda has the 2nd lowest death rate, .09 per 1 million. That means the death rate in the US is 4322 X worse than Rwanda's. The death rate in Japan is 86 X higher than Rwanda. Does that mean Rwanda is run better, has a better president, and is a better place to live than both the US and Japan? There are obviously many factors affecting the spread and death rate, its not simple. Obviously Rwanda is not a great place to live.

While I get what you are trying to say... that's a VERY loose interpretation of data and facts. The US has handled this in a giant clusterfuck manner (as a whole) at this point and that's very hard to argue. Constant goal post moving, giving each individual state authority to dictate control measures, unpreparedness, ppe allocation/availability etc, etc, etc, etc...

I take pride in the country I live but god damn... this shit show has been hard to watch. And, we, as citizens are partially to blame.

We just dodged a bullet in Cali. Governor had a press conference today and we knew he was clamping down. I was concerned gyms would be on his hit list. Fortunately, gyms were not mentioned. Only shut downs that occurred were bars, indoor dining (restaurants), movie theaters, family fun parks etc. Gyms got a lifeline and survived it.

We just dodged a bullet in Cali. Governor had a press conference today and we knew he was clamping down. I was concerned gyms would be on his hit list. Fortunately, gyms were not mentioned. Only shut downs that occurred were bars, indoor dining (restaurants), movie theaters, family fun parks etc. Gyms got a lifeline and survived it.

Almost seems too good to be true lol

While I get what you are trying to say... that's a VERY loose interpretation of data and facts. The US has handled this in a giant clusterfuck manner (as a whole) at this point and that's very hard to argue. Constant goal post moving, giving each individual state authority to dictate control measures, unpreparedness, ppe allocation/availability etc, etc, etc, etc...

I take pride in the country I live but god damn... this shit show has been hard to watch. And, we, as citizens are partially to blame.
A one size fits all plan doesn't work for the US. Too many different situations across this vast country. What New York needed wasn't needed in most of the country. Its not like Japan which is the size of a single US state. Guessing on the size, for all the fact checkers.

As far as I'm concerned, the federal government is the last entity I want dictating to me and giving me aid. Local control is better every time.

I really don't expect this to last. I don't care about eating at restaurants. I need the gym, though. I'm finally getting back in shape after an injury.

This restaurant shutdown is for LA and Orange counties, among others. I was hoping that Orange County gyms could stay open if they shut down the ones in LA again.

The numbers are the numbers (except in China lol). The US isnt any different than any other country in regards to what you said... there are 'different situations' across many vast countries? Many vast countries are in far better shape than us. You sure what was needed in NY wasnt needed elsewhere... The Gov bodies of Texas, Florida, Arizona and California sure as shit would like a word with you as of today if you think 'local control is better everytime' as would the families of those in hospitals or worse. I'm not neccesarily saying a one size fits all approach but this demanded swift and steady leadership and we were failed on so many levels in that regard... from the top down.

Let's look at it this way, and I know this isnt close to being over and people are still unnecessarily losing their lives but the fact is, this isn't near the killer the fear mongering media would have had us believe back in March or April... would you not agree (and yes, I'm well aware of your own personal medical history that you've provided to the board over the years and I understand your fears)?

BUT... what if it had been, like some contagion level, Matt Damon killing virus which could easily happen. The US, would be 10 different ways of fucked had it been handled like Covid19 has been handled- Marshall law, looting, rioting on a mass scale. Massive loss of life. This sheeply society would be folding in on itself right now judging by this response. Let's hope we learn a valuable lesson.

The numbers are the numbers (except in China lol). The US isnt any different than any other country in regards to what you said... there are 'different situations' across many vast countries? Many vast countries are in far better shape than us. You sure what was needed in NY wasnt needed elsewhere... The Gov bodies of Texas, Florida, Arizona and California sure as shit would like a word with you as of today if you think 'local control is better everytime' as would the families of those in hospitals or worse. I'm not neccesarily saying a one size fits all approach but this demanded swift and steady leadership and we were failed on so many levels in that regard... from the top down.

Let's look at it this way, and I know this isnt close to being over and people are still unnecessarily losing their lives but the fact is, this isn't near the killer the fear mongering media would have had us believe back in March or April... would you not agree (and yes, I'm well aware of your own personal medical history that you've provided to the board over the years and I understand your fears)?

BUT... what if it had been, like some contagion level, Matt Damon killing virus which could easily happen. The US, would be 10 different ways of fucked had it been handled like Covid19 has been handled- Marshall law, looting, rioting on a mass scale. Massive loss of life. This sheeply society would be folding in on itself right now judging by this response. Let's hope we learn a valuable lesson.
The states you mention that are having problems now are having their peaks. Places like New York peaked early. Every state will peak sometime. Places like Texas finally now peaking look bad because states like New York peaked months ago and right now are in recovery. Texas and Florida's death rate won't come close to as bad as New York, not even at peak. Deaths per 100,000 much lower.

Those criticizing Trump, what would you do different? Some are blaming the federal government for the deaths. Truth be told, every flu season we have 10s of thousands die and we dont close down the US economy. The only alternative to us opening up now like we are is to remain closed down until a vaccine comes out. Millions more of us lose jobs. Then you'll see real civil unrest. Think of Italy where mobs of people normally law abiding citizens were storming groceries and stealing everything not nailed down.

Can anyone explain this? NJ just allowed martial arts, gymnastics, indoor sports facilities and dance studios to open but not gyms.

Can anyone explain this? NJ just allowed martial arts, gymnastics, indoor sports facilities and dance studios to open but not gyms.

NY and NJ state government is targeting gyms. Wants them gone. Sounds stupid but what else could it be. NY gym owners are about to file a lawsuit next week.

NY and NJ state government is targeting gyms. Wants them gone. Sounds stupid but what else could it be. NY gym owners are about to file a lawsuit next week.

It really seems that way since gyms have been much more vocal about all this than any other places.

I go to a major gym chain here in the south. You have to reserve your hour time slot and the gym closes for 30 min for decon after those hour blocks. There isn’t more then 5-10 people in the gym the whole time. I don’t see how these gyms will survive with memberships / attendance down so low

My gym started requiring masks this week. Gloves will now be required starting tomorrow. It feels awkward, but this is better than shutting the gyms down again.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws