over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

L-Glutamine

svenrpb

Registered
Newbies
I started using l-glutamine for digestive health/overall benefits.

Titrated up to 30g(spread over the day). Started to get brainfog/tiredness real bad, also some bloating. Thought it was just random but now that I searched about it I see more people struggle with extreme fatigue/brainfog/bloat while using l-glutamine. Never heard of this before, but it seems to be pretty comon. More people here that experience the same?

Want to keep it in in my intra shake tho because it helps not going hypo(from slin). Would 5 grams be enough for that?

Ps no facial bloat:ROFLMAO:

on the internet everyone has various strange side effects from every possible substance that I have never encountered in the real world in my over 20 years of experience with bodybuilding but oh well...

I don't see the point in using more than 10-15g a day. Personally, every morning before breakfast I use a measuring cup, i.e. about 8-10g of glutamine

If you did some soul searching and channeled into your inner monologue I bet you could figure out this yourself 🤞

30g is a hefty amount… I’ve always stuck to 10-15g spread from morning to my afternoon workout.

Cage

I started using l-glutamine for digestive health/overall benefits.

Titrated up to 30g(spread over the day). Started to get brainfog/tiredness real bad, also some bloating. Thought it was just random but now that I searched about it I see more people struggle with extreme fatigue/brainfog/bloat while using l-glutamine. Never heard of this before, but it seems to be pretty comon. More people here that experience the same?

Want to keep it in in my intra shake tho because it helps not going hypo(from slin). Would 5 grams be enough for that?

Ps no facial bloat:ROFLMAO:
Glutamine keeps you from going hypo??

How did you come to this conclusion? Lol

15-30g a day is plenty. I do mine first thing AM and the rest in my intra shake. It’s likely just because you’re spacing it out throughout the day and over complicating things IMO.

Glutamine DOES definitely help with digestive health and the restoration of the mucous membrane of your stomach. But, you gotta stop dosages at a certain point. Some guys can reach up to 50g, some guys cant. You can't. Just back off the dose and stay at 10-15g. Youll still get all the benefits.

I get all those side effects but I am not using glutamine :D

Just use 10g per day.

Glutamine keeps you from going hypo??

Milos has said that in the past but it seems the opposite is true...

This systematic review found that glutamine supplementation can lead to a decrease in fasting blood glucose, post-meal glucose, and triglyceride levels and an increase in insulin production. However, the results on the effect of glutamine on Hb-A1c and TC, LDL, and HDL levels were inconclusive. Glutamine supplementation also resulted in increased levels of GLP-1.

Milos has said that in the past but it seems the opposite is true...

This systematic review found that glutamine supplementation can lead to a decrease in fasting blood glucose, post-meal glucose, and triglyceride levels and an increase in insulin production. However, the results on the effect of glutamine on Hb-A1c and TC, LDL, and HDL levels were inconclusive. Glutamine supplementation also resulted in increased levels of GLP-1.
Milos never told me that. We didn’t use much glutamine lol.

But I was always taught the opposite as you said above. I would not reccomend anyone use glutamine to prevent going hypo personally.

Milos never told me that. We didn’t use much glutamine lol.

But I was always taught the opposite as you said above. I would not reccomend anyone use glutamine to prevent going hypo personally.

I have even recommended people add others aminos (leucine for example) with a little carbs to cause a bigger insulin spike (amongst the other benefits it brings) when they didn't want to consume loads of carbs but wanted an insulin spike (when taking l-carnitine for example). It has minor (some) effect alone but when combined with carbs it's creates a larger serum glucose level than what would attained without. Glutamine has been shown to have a similar effect and it amplifies glucose-induced insulin secretion. When I first heard Milos say the opposite years ago I took it as the truth but it was only when I looked into it I realized he was wrong. Time for the gym!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131