over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Liraglutide (Saxenda)

Steve123

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hello,

Just wanted to start a log here. May or may not be helpful for most but could be of benefit to the overall Library of information here on PM. I acquired some Saxedna pens today and started a ramping protocol that will take me from 1.2 mg week 1 / 1.8mg week2 / 2.4mg week 3 / 3 mg week 4.

Saxenda is the brand name for Liraglutide, which is a GLP-1 compound. I'm starting at 310#. I just took 1.2mg (skipped the .6 protocol) today. I will let you all know how it goes. I am also using 100mg/EW Test Cyp. (just for full disclosure). I will be approximately following the macros of 60% Pro / 20% carb / 20% Fat.

My training is going to be extremely basic. I'm not looking to go on stage anytime soon but I would like to hike Bear Mountain and Wilson Mountain out in Arizona in the fall without risking a massive MI. I will train each major body part 1x per week at a high intensity, cardio will be heart beneficial only, I will work in some Anaerobic work once I can do it safely and may join cross fit in the Spring as it is much more aligned with Hiking than a typical body building spit.

In short, my training is going to be focused on muscle preservation, overall fitness, and functional strength.

I'll keep you all posted.

Week 1: 310# 38% BF

Entering week 2, I'm down about 5#. My starting weight was really 313; not 310. I'm 308 this AM. The Liraglutide crushes appetite for me. Carbs have been relatively low at around 100grams daily. I do allot of sitting so there isn't much sense in eating more carbs than that.

I'm actually beginning to wonder how much good this peptide does if you're already on a lower carb diet but I'll give it time.

just to be clear, I plan to declare it and legally cross it. My rough math comes out to 170 bucks for 4 pens, a months worth. probably be a little closer to 200.
Good price. That would cost you around $1500 in the USA.

I'll just add that if all you're after is appetite reduction, you can get away with FAR less than the full dose. I noticed a significant reduction in appetite from just 0.42mg/day after 5 days.

Edit: I have saxenda.
Yeah. I'm on 3mg daily right now and my appetite is non existent. I have to force myself to eat enough protein. This too will pass. I've been told that this appetite suppression will fade over time.

noooooo, I'm gonna need that appetite supression if im gonna hit single digit BF lol
I'll give you an example. It is just about 5pm ET. So far today, I've eaten around 850 calories and I'm not even hungry - LOL. When I do eat, I start to get hungry but then I can only eat so much because I feel full faster and for longer. My only concern is what happens when I come off this shit!

Thanks. I did not pay the $1500. I pay a copayment of $25/Mo. so it's all good. I would never pay $1500 for what is basically an over priced appetite suppressant. Don't get me wrong. It works like a champ! But it is what it is.

Well, 11 days in so far. Down 7# (304#) and counting. Averaging around 1800 calories per day. Staying around 225-250g protein.

While I'm not setting out to do a Keto diet, I have been transiently drifting in and out of Ketosis (using sticks to measure that). Therefore, this is certainly not 7# of Fat lost. At this point, it's all about just ripping off the weight. At my weight and BF, I'm not worried about quality weight loss just yet, although that time will come when I start leaning out. Right now it's about ripping off the slop.

My goals:
Phase 1: Break the Glass - Get out of the danger zone, feel better, and wear normal human cloths.
Move the first 50# in 16 weeks, bringing me in the 250'ish range.

Phase 2: Polish the Glass. Spend the next 24 weeks taking off the next 25-35# - this phase will focus more on quality, muscle preservation, maintainable diet etc.

So I'll let you in on some humor. I probably shouldn't find it funny but I did get a kick out of it. I told my younger bro yesterday that I've lost around 7 pounds so far. He laughed and said, "That's great! That's like throwing and empty Wine glass off the Queen Mary"!

1/23. Dropped another 2.5#. 301.5 total. Time to start working in the training. I'll start a cardio progression at 20min. x 3 moderate days along with a 3x split for compound strength training. I'm going to also add one day of hiking with a weighted Backpack. I have Power-lines out behind my house and there's a good 2 mile loop with allot of hills. One of my goals is to tackle some of the 4k footers in NH this spring and summer (along with the Mt. Lafayette Ridge hike) and then spend 2 weeks hiking out in Sedona (AZ) in the Fall. I'm not going to neglect strength but hiking Mountains is much more about V02 max, long range endurance, balance, flexibility, and core strength. Eventually, I would like to work in some Track work once I lose some weight. Right now I'm a Hamstring Pull or a Knee surgery waiting to happen.

Did the Liraglutide stop working for you? Mine stopped suppressing appetite after 6 months. Have you tried Semaglutide/Wegovy?