over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Shingles vaccine under 50

Cinder

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I'm only 35 but I've had issues here and there.
Doctors won't give someone unless they're 50 or older.
I worry that one day it's gonna get to my eye/s and I'll go blind.
What am I to do? Do I need a a script for it or can I walk into a Walgreens and ask for it?
Ive been reading other shingles posts in here for more info.

You can get it (not sure if it varies State to State though), but since it has not been studied in populations under 50 years, it will not be covered by insurance, so you will need to pay for it out of pocket. I can't remember if it is prescription or not. It costs 'around' $200....give or take $20. Most pharmacies can administer the vaccine.

How about if you already have suffered from shingles, does the vaccine do you any good then? I broke out in what appeared to be shingles toward the end of recovering from chicken pox as an adult. I was so sick that the dermatologist had be sneak around the rear of the building and come in the back door! She didnt want her other patients to see me. I looked like a leper.

I worry about this as well.I still remember getting chicken pox as a kid, interesting experience.

How about if you already have suffered from shingles, does the vaccine do you any good then? I broke out in what appeared to be shingles toward the end of recovering from chicken pox as an adult. I was so sick that the dermatologist had be sneak around the rear of the building and come in the back door! She didnt want her other patients to see me. I looked like a leper.
It supposedly keeps you from getting it right. But it also keeps it from happening again if you're already had it.

Side note lol:
The chicken pocks vaccine taken as an adult (even if the person had chicken pocks) supposedly helps woman not have another gental herpes breakout again after a few months after vaccine. The shingles vaccine supposedly does the same thing. Idk if it would work in men though, as woman secrete antibodies down there. That was an interesting read to today.

You can get it (not sure if it varies State to State though), but since it has not been studied in populations under 50 years, it will not be covered by insurance, so you will need to pay for it out of pocket. I can't remember if it is prescription or not. It costs 'around' $200....give or take $20. Most pharmacies can administer the vaccine.

Most of the major pharmacies WON'T give it to you if you're under 50. Doesn't matter if you're paying cash, they're large corporate pharmacies with company wide policy. I was 49 with a prescription from my Rheumatologist and Walgreen's and CVS still wouldn't give it to me. Safeway pharmacy honored the prescription and gave me the shot.

So, if you have any chance of getting it at your age, you'll need a prescription.

It supposedly keeps you from getting it right. But it also keeps it from happening again if you're already had it.

Side note lol:
The chicken pocks vaccine taken as an adult (even if the person had chicken pocks) supposedly helps woman not have another gental herpes breakout again after a few months after vaccine. The shingles vaccine supposedly does the same thing. Idk if it would work in men though, as woman secrete antibodies down there. That was an interesting read to today.
I never had chicken pox as a child, and I picked it up as a 29 year old while teaching high school. Looks like the vaccine was first available in 1984, not sure when I could have gotten it but I did not. It was something that fell between the cracks. I was a child in the 70s when a vaccine did not exist. Wish I had gotten it later on, because at almost 30 years old I was extremely sick. I was scared I would become sterile because of it, but about 3 years later we had our first baby.

I had a fever of around 104 to 105 for nearly 2 weeks. Missed 2 weeks of teaching. Extremely sick.

I’m sure if you really wanted to you could investigate into how it works in other countries and make a visit.

That being said there must be some specific reason why they don’t want you taking it before 50...right?

Take valacyclovir (Valtrex) daily you won't get it

I’m sure if you really wanted to you could investigate into how it works in other countries and make a visit.

That being said there must be some specific reason why they don’t want you taking it before 50...right?
It sounds like it was never tested on ages below 50? I know with the Covid-19 vaccine it isn't approved for ages below 16. My youngest is 17 and gets her 2nd shot Monday.

I don't understand why they won't give it if you're under 50.

The 50 just means when you are 50 and over your have a bigger chance of getting shingles. But I don't see why the drug wouldn't work if you under 50

That's one smart drug if it knows you're age and that you are under 50 lol

Id buy it if I could online.
I doubt I'd be taking an out of country visit any time soon.
Mexico maybe?

You keep that shit forever like luggage
Yeah, shingles can be a reoccurring problem. I think I got chicken pox from an older teacher that appeared to be broken out in shingles at school. Just a guess. His face was all broke out and he ran a computer class. I had to go in and use his computer.

Isn't that for the herp
Here you go brother

In children, it is used to treat cold sores around the mouth (caused by herpes simplex) and chickenpox (caused by varicella zoster). In adults, it is used to treat shingles (caused by herpes zoster) and cold sores around the mouth. Valacyclovir is also used to treat outbreaks of genital herpes.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
sharkygear
NapsGear