over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tennis elbow (Lateral epicondylitis)

Reload

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I'm struggling right now with this condition in my right lateral elbow and it is so f'ing frustrating!
Has anyone here had this problem and what did you do to recover from it? BPC-157 so far hasn't helped.
Seriously considering getting a cortisone injection despite knowing they do nothing positive long term.

get this one
red flexbar
i struggled for 6 months until i bought this bar. 7 weeks later almost no pain
and m function of my right forearm was next to non. couldnt even bench 2kg dumbbells etc

get this one
red flexbar
i struggled for 6 months until i bought this bar. 7 weeks later almost no pain
and m function of my right forearm was next to non. couldnt even bench 2kg dumbbells etc
7 weeks? I've had golfers elbow but it was self limiting and went away with a little TLC
but this tennis elbow just f'ing lingers! Aches at night. Pain is worse with full extension
like at the top of a bench press. Pulling (deads) is not an issue during the movement,
still have good grip strength but it's after training when the inflammation kicks in!
Icing/heat only does so much. Massage (hard ball tendon release) doesn't do shit.
A PT friend tried hitting it with graston, made it worse.

Thanks for the link. I'll look into the Flexbar. Same motion as wringing out a wet towel
for the most part.

I've dealt with this before and until I did the below it would always come back.

Get wrist wraps. I was always against them because I thought it would make my wrists "weak". My PT told me that in order to stabilize the dumbbells your forearms will engage. This is what you want to limit. Using wraps will limit the side to side and up and down movement of the wrist so that the forearm muscles do not engage. Over time this will help prevent overuse and over engagement.
I use the ones from Elite FTS.

Buy one of these.

Lots of Voodoo flossing.

Watch a bunch of Smashwerx videos and do them daily.

Ok Reno, I'm buying wrist wraps. Been wearing my elbow sleeves while in the gym irregardless if I'm working upper body or legs. You still gotta load plates on leg day. Bought & used the tennis elbow band/strap but it did nothing IMO.

Muay Thai, I use the chip clip method and go SubQ right over the tendon bundle (not into it). I know the BPC is legit, just doesn't seem to be working like it did for my shoulders post surgery but then again...it's such a high use area and takes so much abuse. I refuse to rest it.
I'm probably my biggest enemy because I'm stubborn.

I have used the Theraband flexbar and I have a short sleeve from Iron Rebel i will wear on my forearm as needed. Both definitely help.

That said, get to the actual source of the problem. Long story as short as i can make it. Back in 2017 I woke up one day and literally could not lift anything or turn a doorknob with my left arm. Severe pain and no grip strength. Immediate care did nothing. First ortho gave ma a few rounds of shots never talked about PT. Not much relief. Went to a second ortho who offered PRP but suggested PT. Within 5 minutes the PT asked when i hurt my back...

I've dealt with this before and until I did the below it would always come back.

Get wrist wraps. I was always against them because I thought it would make my wrists "weak". My PT told me that in order to stabilize the dumbbells your forearms will engage. This is what you want to limit. Using wraps will limit the side to side and up and down movement of the wrist so that the forearm muscles do not engage. Over time this will help prevent overuse and over engagement.
I use the ones from Elite FTS.

Buy one of these.

Lots of Voodoo flossing.

Watch a bunch of Smashwerx videos and do them daily.

This floss worked wonders for my elbow.

Sorry for half a re-post. I tried too edit my original and it accidentally quote someone and posted before I was done.

I have used the Theraband flexbar and I have a short sleeve from Iron Rebel i will wear on my forearm as needed. Both definitely help.

That said, get to the actual source of the problem. Long story as short as i can make it. Back in 2017 I woke up one day and literally could not lift anything or turn a doorknob with my left arm. Severe pain and no grip strength. Immediate care did nothing. First ortho gave ma a few rounds of shots never talked about PT. Not much relief. Went to a second ortho who offered PRP but suggested PT. Within 5 minutes the PT asked when I hurt my back shoulder...

Ten years prior I had a grade two shoulder dislocation. I was strong enough to keep working out and pulling didn't suffer to much from it after a few weeks off. Over time th nerve issues crept in and I just powered through. Didn't realize three of the smaller muscles in my shoulder/upper back that were not firing. Eventually the bicep and tendons in the arm gave out.

Took time but with the right diagnosis it was fixed for good. get the bottom if the cause. Best of luck too you.

I'm struggling right now with this condition in my right lateral elbow and it is so f'ing frustrating!
Has anyone here had this problem and what did you do to recover from it? BPC-157 so far hasn't helped.
Seriously considering getting a cortisone injection despite knowing they do nothing positive long term.
I had pretty bad golfers elbow I tried bpc157 and tb500 which did not help much after 5 vials so I stopped. I did use the flex bar which over time helped along with being on cycle test primo anavar and gh it has slowly healed. This also may seem obvious but I cut out any exercise that caused any pain at all if I felt anything at all I simply changed to a different exercise

Stretch all the time with outstretched elbow in full extension and flex at wrist. Do this all the time to lengthen the wrist extensors and create less tension on the tendon-bone junction. You can use the compression brace just distal to the epicondyle and this allows the area to again rest as the pressure from the brace absorbs the force created by the wrist extensor muscles. Kinesio-tape over the area in which you can watch on YouTube allows the area to have less workload at all times allowing it to rest. You can use Voltaire gel over the area regularly too. Slowly start doing wrist extension with lite dumbbells and can also to eccentric exercises for extenders as well.

A Cortisone shot can weaken the tricep tendon. I don’t recommend it! There’s no supplement that’s going to cure your elbow pain, except rest. Taking ibuprofen daily for 2 weeks max (while resting) can help decrease the pain while it’s healing. So can using ice on the outer part of your elbow. When you get back in the gym doing presses and tricep work you’ll want to place more emphasis on cable work and use less weight with a much slower tempo. In other words, you’ll need to change the way you train or there’s a good chance it will turn into a chronic condition. Take it from someone who knows..😉

Brother I got you.

I had it nothing helped. Searched reddit lol. Someone linked this goofy video I was desperate did as the man said. Boom tennis elbow gone. I bought 3 bars and just progressive overload up to the hardest one completely cured it. Heat ice massage stretch supplements did nothing.

Another vote here for the Theraband Flexbar. It was absolutely the answer for me when nothing else worked. As for how to use it, look up the "Tyler twist" movement.

usually lasts about 6 months, stopping tennis/golf never helped for me so might as well just keep playing.. or take a few weeks off initially when you get it & thenits ok to resume the sport.. torn tendons/ligaments will take months to heal reguardless

I made a post about this because I had it so bad for like a year.
Resting it will not heal it, it’s a tendon. High volume Thera band, do like 400 reps a day. Also if you have the money to put on it, get the gripzilla tornado. That thing for 10 minutes a night took away all elbow pain.
Long story short, pump it the rest for weeks won’t do anything. Already tried that….https://gripzilla.co/products/gripzilla-dynamo-wrist-roll-forearm-builder

I’m about 95% back to normal after struggling with it for several months. The two biggest things that have helped are:

1. Theraband Flexbar “Tyler Twist” movement 3 x 10 reps followed by ice for 10-15 minutes every day. Additionally icing it 1-2 times per day as well.

2. 4 sessions of ART (Active Release Technique) at a chiropractor office.

After you get healed, try using as little of your thumbs as possible in all of your pulling exercises. The activation of the thumbs tend to aggravate your tendons. All of my pulling exercises are basically done with just four fingers per hand.

Although the Theraband got great reviews, it actually aggravated my elbow. I seemed to get the most relief by holding a golf club in my palm with the club pointing up to the sky. Slowly rotate the palm inward until the club is horizontal and then return to the vertical direction. Where you're able to hold the club (on the grip or higher up on the shaft) will depend on how badly your elbow hurts.

Another exercise that seemed to help is wrapping a rubber band around my fingers to hold them closed like you're holding on to a pinch of salt THEN splay your fingers out and back and keep repeating. I'd normally keep a few rubber bands on my car's gearshift and do it for a few minutes during my daily commutes.

7 weeks? I've had golfers elbow but it was self limiting and went away with a little TLC
but this tennis elbow just f'ing lingers! Aches at night. Pain is worse with full extension
like at the top of a bench press. Pulling (deads) is not an issue during the movement,
still have good grip strength but it's after training when the inflammation kicks in!
Icing/heat only does so much. Massage (hard ball tendon release) doesn't do shit.
A PT friend tried hitting it with graston, made it worse.

Thanks for the link. I'll look into the Flexbar. Same motion as wringing out a wet towel
for the most part.
You do not need tb500 or a flex bar to treat tennis elbow (or golfers elbow) I have treated it myself this is exactly what you need to do, firstly stop working upper body until the pain is gone second there are two stretches you need to do I suggest doing them with both arms because typically tennis elbow on one side if the body is caused by a weakness in either shoulder elbow or wrist, for me it's my wrists

Anyway the stretches are so simple you probably won't think they work but they do, first one arm at a time lets assume the pain is in your right elbow stick your right hand straight in front of you palm facing down and make a fist. This probably hurts but that's OK. Keeping a tight clenched fist grab your fist with your left hand and bend it down towards your feet, you will feel a pronounced stretch along the top of your forearm. Do not over exaggerate the stretch just get a good stretch and hold that for a while. 20 seconds minimum, you can hold the stretch as long as you like. Do this as many times a day as you want, the more the better. Repeat with other arm, stretching left forearm.

Stretch two is the opposite, so palm facing down again open palm so that your hand is flat fingers straight and with your other hand grab your fingers and pull back so you get a stretch on the other side if your forearm. Same deal hold for a while and do the other arm.

You should see results in a couple days. Stop all offending movements until the pain goes away. You can mask pain with advil but don't go to the gym as the advil will mask pain which you don't want. This is not something you just train through. Advil reduces inflammation and speeds healing, we want that.

You can get epistraps at Walgreens they help 5% in my experience. The stretches 100% work. The underlying issue you should address eventually I'm guessing it's either wrist weakness or some imbalance in your shoulder complex. If you train heavy but never do wrist curls, reverse wrist curls etc like me you likely have an imbalance in that area. Biceps are stronger than what your wrists can handle or something like that. Train wrists with arms or after back once the pain goes away.

It may take a week to see dramatic results so be a little patient. Do those stretches at least three times a day try to hold the stretch at least 45 seconds at a time. You can also ice your elbow but that's only if you are also doing other things as icing in my experience is not effective by itself.

You do not need tb500 or a flex bar to treat tennis elbow (or golfers elbow) I have treated it myself this is exactly what you need to do, firstly stop working upper body until the pain is gone second there are two stretches you need to do I suggest doing them with both arms because typically tennis elbow on one side if the body is caused by a weakness in either shoulder elbow or wrist, for me it's my wrists

Anyway the stretches are so simple you probably won't think they work but they do, first one arm at a time lets assume the pain is in your right elbow stick your right hand straight in front of you palm facing down and make a fist. This probably hurts but that's OK. Keeping a tight clenched fist grab your fist with your left hand and bend it down towards your feet, you will feel a pronounced stretch along the top of your forearm. Do not over exaggerate the stretch just get a good stretch and hold that for a while. 20 seconds minimum, you can hold the stretch as long as you like. Do this as many times a day as you want, the more the better. Repeat with other arm, stretching left forearm.

Stretch two is the opposite, so palm facing down again open palm so that your hand is flat fingers straight and with your other hand grab your fingers and pull back so you get a stretch on the other side if your forearm. Same deal hold for a while and do the other arm.

You should see results in a couple days. Stop all offending movements until the pain goes away. You can mask pain with advil but don't go to the gym as the advil will mask pain which you don't want. This is not something you just train through. Advil reduces inflammation and speeds healing, we want that.

You can get epistraps at Walgreens they help 5% in my experience. The stretches 100% work. The underlying issue you should address eventually I'm guessing it's either wrist weakness or some imbalance in your shoulder complex. If you train heavy but never do wrist curls, reverse wrist curls etc like me you likely have an imbalance in that area. Biceps are stronger than what your wrists can handle or something like that. Train wrists with arms or after back once the pain goes away.

It may take a week to see dramatic results so be a little patient. Do those stretches at least three times a day try to hold the stretch at least 45 seconds at a time. You can also ice your elbow but that's only if you are also doing other things as icing in my experience is not effective by itself.
I'm definitely a fan of stretching and PT type stuff vs a supplement or cream...but...have to disagree on the flex bar. I did everything for weeks suggested here nothing helped...that flexbar had it feeling better in 3 days and basically gone after a week.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131