mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where does everyone live and how do you like it there?

I'm mulling over a job opportunity in Vegas. If you want to come out you can be my Jewish friend.
Haha got about 12 months to figure out my next move. Its funny because one of my best friends live in Summerlin and is pushing me hard to move there but literally every other person is telling me to avoid Vegas like the plague lol.

Rural east tx. No big city drama or traffic. Life is slow, people are nice. Pretty much what you expect from Texas 🤷🏻‍♂️
I used to spend a lot of time for work in East Texas… Lots of small rural towns. Was in the Buffalo, Mexia, Fairfield, Centerville, Longview, etc… Nice quiet country living…

Cage

Grew up in Massachusetts, then moved to New Hampshire but still worked in Boston. Never cared for Mass and was glad to move. NH on other hand I do miss a bit, loved summers there. Between the long winters, politics and my commute and lots of OT I moved down to Florida. Currently living on west coast of FL. COL is high and pay is SEVERELY lacking. Roughly equating for OT/hours worked, i took about a 35% pay cut. For anyone thinking of moving to FL, do your research, FL is definitely NOT cheap.

I had to look back to see exactly where I went cause it didn’t look like a “shithole”. It was N. Reading Rd. in Ephrata. Like I said, it looked well kept and the rest stop right by there was spotless.
Ah Ephrata is nice. Reading itself is weird. Small city but had the urban problems of a big city. I worked in the ER at what used to be Reading Hospital. It's called Tower Health now. But we'd get this weird mix of rural trauma from nearby farms and shootings/assaults from the city. Outside of actual Reading it gets quiet and rural very quick. The problems tend to stay in Reading proper and you'd never know unless you ventured there.

Haha got about 12 months to figure out my next move. Its funny because one of my best friends live in Summerlin and is pushing me hard to move there but literally every other person is telling me to avoid Vegas like the plague lol.
Weird. I've heard nothing but positive experiences from people that live there but can't figure out why. Doesn't seem appealing to me and I enjoy Vegas as a destination.

Weird. I've heard nothing but positive experiences from people that live there but can't figure out why. Doesn't seem appealing to me and I enjoy Vegas as a destination.
Apparentyl traffic and crime have gotten out of control (to be fair that’s most cities). Home prices IMO are very reasonable but the cost of goods/food is supposed to be stupid. You also hear the cliche a lot “the people are weird/crazy”. I know Dom couldn’t wait to get out of there.

I’ve been to Vegas 20 times as a tourist on the strip so I’ve never really paid attention or given much thought to living there until recently.

I basically live in two places Vegas and Arizona (constantly go back in forth).

Vegas sucks for me because I don't drink, party, or gamble. I hate any place that doesn't have trees, not into the desert scenery at all. Also, people here are ASSHOLES.
That being said, there are some awesome gyms here.

Arizona is OK. I live on the west side of the Phoenix valley which is growing fast. Greener than Vegas, more trees. The weather is beautiful except for summer when it's just disgusting hot. People made fun of me for being concerned about ordering HGH during the summer...trust me, if you lived here you would understand the concern. Gyms here mostly suck.

Lots of hot chicks in both places.

Born in SE Massachusetts, moved to Tokyo, Japan in 2007, permanent resident since 2009. Finally bough my own place last year, and I'm settled in and retiring here.
I love it. No place is perfect, but it's pretty close for me.
Safe, pleasant, accessible healthcare, great people, great transport, low cost of living, and a perfect mix of the old and new.
I was stationed at Yokota AFB for 5 years. Japan is awesome

Apparentyl traffic and crime have gotten out of control (to be fair that’s most cities). Home prices IMO are very reasonable but the cost of goods/food is supposed to be stupid. You also hear the cliche a lot “the people are weird/crazy”. I know Dom couldn’t wait to get out of there.

I’ve been to Vegas 20 times as a tourist on the strip so I’ve never really paid attention or given much thought to living there until recently.
The traffic isn't any worse than other cities. People just aren't used to it, so they're mad about it. But it's not like L.A. or anything. The crime in Vegas isn't a lot of violent crime, it's shit like cars getting broken into. You won't have to worry about crime too much in Summerlin. Summerlin is definitely where you want to be.
My girl sells real estate in Summerlin if you need an agent. I go to the LVAC off the 215 in Summerlin

The traffic isn't any worse than other cities. People just aren't used to it, so they're mad about it. But it's not like L.A. or anything. The crime in Vegas isn't a lot of violent crime, it's shit like cars getting broken into. You won't have to worry about crime too much in Summerlin. Summerlin is definitely where you want to be.
My girl sells real estate in Summerlin if you need an agent. I go to the LVAC off the 215 in Summerlin
Thanks dude. Keep you posted.

You got some nice ink flows and ehanhances your physique...ever thought about getting something on the traps? I wanna go up more but can't think of anything that fits in there well without getting the neck lol

Always lived in pa or MD. Lots of people back in MD moving to wva for the same reason people are fleeing cali. Thought about it but job, gym, grocery stores, housing, everything is so far apart where in Pa closer to a city everything is closer and still great hiking.
I am going to get my head all blasted up within the next few years

I was this close to getting my mustache tatted when I was 18, gang in calligraphy, wouldn't that suck to be stuck with now! Instead, I have the big 3 letters BTS covering half my back. No I have never ever ever thought about getting my traps tatted. where in md? I have been to Philly

I'm mulling over a job opportunity in Vegas. If you want to come out you can be my Jewish friend.
bro tons of bros here live in vegas I can name like 3-4 off the top , seems like its bodybuilder central, I could NEVER live there! I would rather live in DTLA and NYC BRONX than VEGAS LOL , maybe even SF, SEATTLE or PORTLAND LOL

No one from CA is relocating to SD dude lol
It's literally the least popular state (in terms of relocation) along with ND, Alaska and Delaware.

And the reason a job is paying less is BECAUSE of the lower cost of living.
I can have a job in CA or NYC that might pay me 250-300k. But that same job in say Oregon, Idaho, Utah, etc will nevvver pay me that. That's a fairly well known thing.

No one from CA is relocating to SD dude lol
It's literally the least popular state (in terms of relocation) along with ND, Alaska and Delaware.

And the reason a job is paying less is BECAUSE of the lower cost of living.
I can have a job in CA or NYC that might pay me 250-300k. But that same job in say Oregon, Idaho, Utah, etc will nevvver pay me that. That's a fairly well known thing.
Well most of the people in my neighborhood are from Cali. Quite a few people here from New York too. This is a right to work state I knew how it would be. My gf is from here.

That’s where I’m at. Winters are hard and summers are brutally hot and crazy humid. Cost of living is cheap but the jobs here don’t pay shit. Too many illegals here working for Pennie’s on the dollar. I’m so sick of these fucking illegals. I may have called a few in last week. A job I was making 3-4 grand a week doing in Washington pays 2000 a month. Houses are not cheap we live in a new 3rd r 2 bath duplex and the want 600,000 for it lol California prices on houses for all the Californians moving here

In my opinion, it’s not the people moving in that’s raising the prices, it’s the damn corporations buying up all the houses / property and putting them up for perpetual rent. It shrinks the pool of available houses and inflates the remaining houses costs to what we’re all witnessing.

In my opinion, it’s not the people moving in that’s raising the prices, it’s the damn corporations buying up all the houses / property and putting them up for perpetual rent. It shrinks the pool of available houses and inflates the remaining houses costs to what we’re all witnessing.
the ADUs they are building all across san diego are creating a complete renters market as they are popping up in RESIDENTIAL neighborhoods, multiunit dwellings (sec 8), how horrible would it be to have bought your dream house and this fucking section 8 16 unit complex pops up towering over your private back yard. The demographic in those section 8 dwellings is often criminal (speaking from experience). There was an instance of this in the news with an old timer in SESD

Born and raised in the Northeast. Moved to Ft. Lauderdale 10 years ago and love it here. Cost of living is crazy high, but not shoveling snow is worth it.

bro tons of bros here live in vegas I can name like 3-4 off the top , seems like its bodybuilder central, I could NEVER live there! I would rather live in DTLA and NYC BRONX than VEGAS LOL , maybe even SF, SEATTLE or PORTLAND LOL
Vegas definitely seems like the bodybuilding Mecca here in the US.
I live in Omaha NE, I have been all over the U.S. and this place is actually pretty nice. There are about 400,000 people that live here and I think about an additional 200,000 in surrounding communities. Its one of the top 50 largest cities in the U.S., a lot of Fortune 500 companies have offices here and I think 4 are based out of Omaha, the job market is very good. Its also one of the highest tax states. There is actually a lot of money here due to Warren Buffet and Berkshire Hathaway, I know one year we had the most millionaires per capita in the US. The cost of living is pretty low and that attracts a lot of people from other countries. The economy here is pretty recession proof and really doesn't reflect the economy of the u.s. as a whole.

Pretty much if the guy is from Omaha and been in the UFC I have trained with him, I think there have been like 9 or 10. You can look them up but due to the nature of the board I will not be naming names as these guys are pretty anti-juice. There is only one that I am aware of that I haven't trained with and he is an older guy but a very nice dude and would always chat him up when I have seen him out. So we have some decent MMA schools. I know and have trained with or been trained by men and one woman that have won Muay Thai and Jujitsu at worlds. Also a lot of gyms that are really nice here, with a few guys competing on a national level, not a lot. I know I have talked to people on this site that knew people that were like my training partner at the time when I was younger.
Dont forget about Bud Crawford.

NOLA… Ummmm you definitely don’t wanna live here.

Housing costs are high, lack of insurance groups around drive the costs even higher. High sales taxes. Lots of trash around the city. Disgusting actually… Crime is through the roof. NOLA always is in the top 5 for murders every year.

There are nice places to live here though. But you’ll pay out the ass to live there with a shitty area right around the corner.

I wanna leave here when I can…. I’m looking to roll to either TN, KY, northern AL, or northern GA.

Cage
North GA is where it’s at. I love traveling to all the other states, but have yet to find one that makes me want to leave North GA.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
chevy66
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws