over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Astragalus IN DEPTH

Muay Thai

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
The powers behind its phytochemical beneficial activity.

"Astragalus contains various antioxidants, polyphenols, lignans, and flavonoids, each with its own potential health benefits. While specific compounds can vary depending on the part of the plant and the extraction method, here are some common antioxidants and polyphenols found in astragalus and their potential benefits:

Antioxidants:

1. Flavonoids: Astragalus contains flavonoids such as quercetin, kaempferol, and isorhamnetin, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. They can help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals and reduce inflammation in the body.
  2. Saponins: Astragalus contains saponins, such as astragalosides, which have antioxidant properties and may help protect against oxidative stress.
  3. Polysaccharides: Astragalus polysaccharides have antioxidant effects and may help enhance the immune system and reduce inflammation.
  4. Astragaloside IV: This compound is a potent antioxidant and has been studied for its potential anti-aging effects and its ability to protect against cardiovascular disease.
Polyphenols:

1. Isoflavones: Astragalus contains isoflavones such as formononetin and calycosin, which have estrogenic effects and may help improve cardiovascular health.
  2. Phenolic acids: Astragalus contains phenolic acids such as ferulic acid and caffeic acid, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. They may help protect against chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
  3. Lignans: While lignans are not as well-studied in astragalus, they are a group of polyphenols found in many plants. They have antioxidant and estrogenic effects and may help reduce the risk of certain cancers and cardiovascular disease.
Flavonoids:

1. Quercetin: Quercetin is a flavonoid with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It may help reduce inflammation, improve heart health, and protect against certain cancers.
  2. Kaempferol: Kaempferol is another flavonoid with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. It may help protect against chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
  3. Isorhamnetin: Isorhamnetin is a flavonoid with antioxidant properties. It may help protect against oxidative stress and inflammation.
These antioxidants, polyphenols, lignans, and flavonoids in astragalus may work together to provide various health benefits, including antioxidant protection, anti-inflammatory effects, immune support, and cardiovascular protection."

......4-5 divided doses? Care to share your supplier?
yes I spread it out! Nutricost is a brand I trust. Or truenutrition but not sure if they make it. I use amazon prime . I take like 1g all spread out through day, same thing with the taurine, sometimes ill take 2g at once of each. i take them fasted well with mct oil coffee and they do not mess with my uber sensitive gut

I took the plunge and began this @ 1 cap twice/day.

eGFR and CystatinC are just “ok” at best so hoping to see some improvement.

It’s only been a week so too early to retest. Will probably give it 60 days.

yes I spread it out! Nutricost is a brand I trust. Or truenutrition but not sure if they make it. I use amazon prime . I take like 1g all spread out through day, same thing with the taurine, sometimes ill take 2g at once of each. i take them fasted well with mct oil coffee and they do not mess with my uber sensitive gut
Switch to Vitamin Shoppe astragalus - it's the only one that's consistently shown improvements on blood work. Vitamin Shoppe is the brand Dante Trudel recommends.

Switch to Vitamin Shoppe astragalus - it's the only one that's consistently shown improvements on blood work. Vitamin Shoppe is the brand Dante Trudel recommends.
i read that before on here and neglected to take the plunge. I will take your advice and especially dcs! ty sir

Good to know, I’m going to make the switch. I have a lot of nutricost supps because I’m cheap and was always kind of skeptical on quality after using

One thing you absolutely shouldn't be cheap with is health supplements.
Well not cheap I guess but thrifty. I spend a couple hundred dollars a month on supplements alone so try to find deals where I can. Have some nutricost and bulk supplements. I’ll replace those with better stuff when I run out

Well not cheap I guess but thrifty. I spend a couple hundred dollars a month on supplements alone so try to find deals where I can. Have some nutricost and bulk supplements. I’ll replace those with better stuff when I run out
vit d3, multi or beef organ complex, taurine, astragalus, rotate tudca with nac/milk thistle, probiotics OR FERMENTED FOOD, B complex, most of us need/benefit from digestive enzymes as bodybuilders as does joe schmoe, magnesium glycinate, not too many more essentials IMO but I know I'm missing a few, I am frugal and make it happen I'm with you , I don't buy all the name brands, I use swanson and piping rock here and there lol

vit d3, multi or beef organ complex, taurine, astragalus, rotate tudca with nac/milk thistle, probiotics OR FERMENTED FOOD, B complex, most of us need/benefit from digestive enzymes as bodybuilders as does joe schmoe, magnesium glycinate, not too many more essentials IMO but I know I'm missing a few, I am frugal and make it happen I'm with you , I don't buy all the name brands, I use swanson and piping rock here and there lol
Swanson is a low cost go-to for me. Been using them for 20 years and they don’t disappoint

Is this chatgpt? Tried searching it and couldn’t find any article
yes I used " and " to indicate, usually in my experience if you dissect tidbits from the comprehensive chat gpt response they are easier to find on google selectively, consider them the compiled list, I am sure their engineering has access to everything on google and whatever other search engines still exist

I’ve had great results running as low as 3grams a day to 6grams all taken in divided 1gram doses throughout the day. GFR and creatinine levels all dropped considerably. I initially started on the 6 gram dose working my way up from a starting dose of 3gm to 6 in two weeks and after two months tests came back all in normal healthy range when they initially started off as low level kidney disease

Question is, what is the active in astragalus that is behind the kidney protective effect? If it is Astragaloside IV then maybe supplementing directly with it would take some quesswork out of which extract to buy.

EDIT: missed whacked's reply, my bad!

There are also more refined extracts, like 20:1 astragalus extract, where a 500mg capsule is supposed to equal 10 grams of astragalus powder.

At this time maybe the brand recommended by Dante is still the best bet?

The other day I was looking at herbs and supps and came across Fisetin, which is supposed to be a life extension compound and promoted by celebrity experts such as David Sinclair. But perhaps interesting to us is how it's supposed to be a powerful kidney protector.

"Fisetin protects kidney function by reducing oxidative stress, restoring mitochondrial respiratory enzyme activities, decreasing apoptosis in renal tubular cells, and inhibiting NF-κB activation."

Type-II talked about increased oxidative stress in the kidney being perhaps something that could harm the kidneys when on heavy steroids.

Though there are so many antioxidants that might be beneficial, hard to choose which ones to use but maybe Fisetin might be something to stack with astragalus (or perhaps Astragaloside IV).

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws