over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym opening update?

I just read there is a gym in NJ that has been open since the end of June. They have received summons but they have not closed. I wish more gyms would do this.

Yeah, not surprised. There are a few gyms near me in upstate NY that are "open". I am not a member of these gyms though. The majority are playing by the rules.

Going to be interesting to see what happens. How are they treating churches there in NJ?

They were closed for about 3 months. I know they had guidelines for them to follow like no shaking hands, no singing etc.

The governor in AZ re-closed gyms last monday. One of the local chains(Mountainside Fitness) has been defying the order since then and filed a restraining to prohibit the enforcement of the order along with EOS Fitness. The case was heard today and the judge is expected to rule on it tomorrow. The owner of the gym was represented by the Goldwater Law Firm which has some clout out here. This could have implications and set a precedent in other places. Hoping for a good outcome.

Miami-Dade mayor to allow gyms, fitness studios to remain open

MIAMI (WSVN) - Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez will now allow gyms to remain open in the county.

The mayor made the announcement on Twitter, Tuesday morning, reversing course from a statement he made on Monday.

“We’re all happy to comply, yes!” Salam Hachem, of She Fitness Studio, said.

Gyms were initially included in the types of businesses required to shut down in Miami-Dade beginning Wednesday.

However, Gimenez said that he came to a compromise on the matter and that people heading to the gyms will be required to wear masks the entire time they are inside the facility.

“Do I want to close the gyms? No, I didn’t want to close the gyms,” Gimenez said. “That’s why I found a compromise. It’s not about the cases that we know came from gyms or from restaurants, it’s about the fact that being able to keep the mask on in an interior space.”

The decision comes on the same day another 2,066 COVID-19 cases were reported in Miami-Dade County by the Florida Department of Health.

“We were freaked out yesterday, just because we didn’t expect that,” Gabriel Varona, of Stunna’s Fit, said. “No proof, no purpose, you know? It was like, ‘Why? Everything else is open.’ You know, Target, Home Depot, I mean, the malls are open! We understand that this is serious. Trust me, we’re all well aware, but we have to have a fighting chance to survive.”

Ballrooms, banquet facilities, party venues, short-term rentals and indoor dining rooms at restaurants will still be forced to close on Thursday.

“I just couldn’t find a way to keep restaurants open. It’s impossible,” Gimenez said.

Outdoor dining at restaurants will still be available, with no more than four people to a table. Takeout and delivery orders will still be allowed.

“I’m starting to get really concerned,” Igor Ferraro said. “This restaurant has many orders that are not meant to be takeout or delivery restaurants, you know?”

“If this continues to go on for as long as it’s gone on now and go further, our businesses will shut down permanently,” a woman said.

Gimenez said his decision came after what he called a “huge spike” in residents testing positive in mid-June, saying that is the time when gyms reopened, restrictions for restaurant operating hours were lifted and protests were occurring following the death of George Floyd.

“This contagion really took off with that young demographic, 18 to 34, 35 to 45 age group,” said the mayor. “It just shot up, and now we’re seeing the results of that.”

Meanwhile, State Rep. Shevrin Jones, D-Broward County, said he’s been fighting COVID-19 for around eight days.

“This morning I’m feeling just a tad bit better,” said Jones.

Jones said he’d like to see more changes being made statewide.

“If Broward is not following Miami-Dade County and Palm Beach is not following Broward County, all you’re going to see is individuals getting on 95 and traveling up north to go to dinner or to do other things, and so there should be a stay at home order until these numbers come back down,” he said.

Gimenez and his office are working to finalize the emergency order.

No changes are being made for Broward County as of Tuesday night.

The governor in AZ re-closed gyms last monday. One of the local chains(Mountainside Fitness) has been defying the order since then and filed a restraining to prohibit the enforcement of the order along with EOS Fitness. The case was heard today and the judge is expected to rule on it tomorrow. The owner of the gym was represented by the Goldwater Law Firm which has some clout out here. This could have implications and set a precedent in other places. Hoping for a good outcome.

And they lost the case. Gyms in Arizona now must be closed.

Gyms are going to approach extinct status pretty soon in some states. Our case for NY gets filed tomorrow. Wish us luck.

And they lost the case. Gyms in Arizona now must be closed.

Gyms are going to approach extinct status pretty soon in some states. Our case for NY gets filed tomorrow. Wish us luck.

Yeah, been a rough day for gyms in AZ. And this ruling won't help other parts of the country trying to do the same thing. However, apparently there is a federal case that is supposed to get ruled on thursday. So there is still a glimmer of hope.

I just wanted to restate that my gym , which is a major chain., has been a ghost town since it’s reopen a few weeks back. I went during several time blocks just to gauge if the attendance is different . I’ve done 11, 1230, 4 and 6. All the same pretty much. Maybe 10 people in the gym when there used to be 50 or more . I guess people either invested in their home gyms, gave up or doing an alternate outdoors workout . I think this is kinda the trend nationwide . I see more gyms folding soon.

I just wanted to restate that my gym , which is a major chain., has been a ghost town since it’s reopen a few weeks back. I went during several time blocks just to gauge if the attendance is different . I’ve done 11, 1230, 4 and 6. All the same pretty much. Maybe 10 people in the gym when there used to be 50 or more . I guess people either invested in their home gyms, gave up or doing an alternate outdoors workout . I think this is kinda the trend nationwide . I see more gyms folding soon.

Interesting. Based on social media, I am “guessing” when my local gym ever opens, it will be packed. A lot of local support and the gym owner getting bombarded with when are they going to open.

My gym opened last week. Had to sign a waver. Wear a mask when not exercising.
Temp tested before entry. Machines 6 feet apart. Social distancing. Wipe down
before and after (they give you a bottle and a cloth). No hot tub. Few showers open.
Clear plastic barriers everywhere. I am sure I forgetting a few things but they
seem to be doing all the right things. They are working very hard to protect the
clients.

The bright side for me is that there are very few people and just about always
nobody is in my way or using something I want to use . . . selfish me.

Today they threw us a curve ball.

Now we must wear a mask even when exercising. Did that today. Not fun. But
again, few (fewer?) people but the mask is a real pain in the ass. I am doing my
cardio, hiking 1 to 2 hours on the way to the gym. When I get here I only do
weights for under an hour. Tolerable for now.

If things really go sideways I may just have to buy some 'tools.'

It is what it is.

Movie theater companies suing the state of NJ. Gyms are usually lumped in with movie theaters, that's why I bring this up. This is turning into a mess and we're at the point of lawsuits being needed against these tyrant-run states.

My experience from going to gyms sine the 80's. as well as working in them. People mostly go to gyms as they think they should, they think it is healthy or they want to loose a few pounds(and never do). So many of those people will be slow to get back as they have and excuse to not go. And many may never get back. And are probably not on any fitness social medias. Those people that are very driven or actually like training will want to get back as soon as possible.

So malls got the green light in NY today. But not gyms. Lawsuit was filed.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws