over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Gym opening update?

It has been extremely frustrating. If you have a gym in your area that is considered “private” it usually can remain open. I know of a few that have changed their status to private and remained open. Ex. Metro flex gym. Also, a few gyms that have a full service trt, chiro, etc Are classified as medical so they can remain open. Hoping for an end to this soon.

I should note they are adjustable db’s. So i can do 5-200 total pounds 💪

So malls got the green light in NY today. But not gyms. Lawsuit was filed.

It seems NY is following NJ because that’s what NJ did a week or 2 ago. Everything is open but gyms and movie theaters.

Keep us posted on the lawsuit.

Just bought:

dumbbells (200 total lbs)
Adjustable bench
Ab roller
Battle rope
And some floor mats

not much but it’ll do. Gyms are all but done I’m afraid.
Makes me wonder if after all of this is over, will new gyms open up or will it be near impossible to do? As a bank lending money for a new gym, most banks likely decline to do it. I suppose if the gym were to have enough cash on hand they might be able to start up.

My wife is a commercial real-estate lender and doesn't even want to see a single spot leased to a gym in a shopping center. Wont kill the deal, but doesn't help.

Makes me wonder if after all of this is over, will new gyms open up or will it be near impossible to do? As a bank lending money for a new gym, most banks likely decline to do it. I suppose if the gym were to have enough cash on hand they might be able to start up.

My wife is a commercial real-estate lender and doesn't even want to see a single spot leased to a gym in a shopping center. Wont kill the deal, but doesn't help.

it definitely goes to show the value of a good home gym. If the government can take away our rights to lift. We need to secure a new way to get our pump on.
sounds familiar... lol
#undergroundgyms

it definitely goes to show the value of a good home gym. If the government can take away our rights to lift. We need to secure a new way to get our pump on.
sounds familiar... lol
#undergroundgyms
Its kinda crazy huh. Like an underground speakeasy during prohibition. Some areas of the country have the same thing going on with churches.

That would be completely insane!! Our country is already so damn unhealthy to begin with, just going to make things worse. And what about everyone in those states whose livelihood depends on these being open? Meanwhile the NY Yankees are having their first intra-squad game on YES network tonight. I want to see all the players wearing masks and social distancing. I guess they can make exceptions for special cases.

Athletes arent allowed to speak out against masks, social distancing, or the Merritt of how deadly the virus truley is. Otherwise they will get beat up by the social media warriors and media. In today's culture a man who passes on a mask will draw more outrage than a burglar or sexual predator.

I saw someone post on Facebook an article about the 1918 pandemic and it gave stats about it. This person posted the article to prove the necessity of shutdowns and face masks. What is interesting is in the article the number of deaths in one month in my state from 1918 is more than deaths from Covid all year, and based on the death rate my state would not top the one month death toll from 1918 for almost another two months. I thankfully do live in a state that has not been overly hit hard and I don’t mean to say this virus is not real or not harmful. However the stats do not appear to be lining up with the level of risk and not even close to the level of harm due to shutdowns. We have kids who are scared to go to school and play outside and adults are the ones feeding them this stuff.

I just wanted to restate that my gym , which is a major chain., has been a ghost town since it’s reopen a few weeks back. I went during several time blocks just to gauge if the attendance is different . I’ve done 11, 1230, 4 and 6. All the same pretty much. Maybe 10 people in the gym when there used to be 50 or more . I guess people either invested in their home gyms, gave up or doing an alternate outdoors workout . I think this is kinda the trend nationwide . I see more gyms folding soon.

Ghost town is exactly right, and I was shocked to see that.

My state just allowed gyms to reopen on Monday. I've been lifting in my basement gym on my power rack, but I went to the gym last night for the first time since March. I expected it to be packed with all the old regulars returning to the gym after a long layoff.

Instead, it was practically empty. I went at what would normally be rush hour, 5:30pm, but there was less than 20 people in the whole place, almost all muscleheads like me in the free weight area. The cardio deck and stretching areas were deserted. At that time of day, I expected to have to wait for a bench, or find room to do my deadlifts, but I could do whatever I wanted and practically had the place all to myself.

Normal people are scared to go back to the gym, or at least this gives them an excuse not to go, and I wonder how many of them have cancelled their memberships. Usually, I would love it if the gym is deserted, so I can do whatever I want. But I can't see my gym, or any gym surviving for long if this keeps up.

Bad times for the industry, and more bankruptcies undoubtedly coming soon.

Miami-Dade mayor to allow gyms, fitness studios to remain open

MIAMI (WSVN) - Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez will now allow gyms to remain open in the county.

The mayor made the announcement on Twitter, Tuesday morning, reversing course from a statement he made on Monday.

“We’re all happy to comply, yes!” Salam Hachem, of She Fitness Studio, said.

Gyms were initially included in the types of businesses required to shut down in Miami-Dade beginning Wednesday.

However, Gimenez said that he came to a compromise on the matter and that people heading to the gyms will be required to wear masks the entire time they are inside the facility.

“Do I want to close the gyms? No, I didn’t want to close the gyms,” Gimenez said. “That’s why I found a compromise. It’s not about the cases that we know came from gyms or from restaurants, it’s about the fact that being able to keep the mask on in an interior space.”

The decision comes on the same day another 2,066 COVID-19 cases were reported in Miami-Dade County by the Florida Department of Health.

“We were freaked out yesterday, just because we didn’t expect that,” Gabriel Varona, of Stunna’s Fit, said. “No proof, no purpose, you know? It was like, ‘Why? Everything else is open.’ You know, Target, Home Depot, I mean, the malls are open! We understand that this is serious. Trust me, we’re all well aware, but we have to have a fighting chance to survive.”

Ballrooms, banquet facilities, party venues, short-term rentals and indoor dining rooms at restaurants will still be forced to close on Thursday.

“I just couldn’t find a way to keep restaurants open. It’s impossible,” Gimenez said.

Outdoor dining at restaurants will still be available, with no more than four people to a table. Takeout and delivery orders will still be allowed.

“I’m starting to get really concerned,” Igor Ferraro said. “This restaurant has many orders that are not meant to be takeout or delivery restaurants, you know?”

“If this continues to go on for as long as it’s gone on now and go further, our businesses will shut down permanently,” a woman said.

Gimenez said his decision came after what he called a “huge spike” in residents testing positive in mid-June, saying that is the time when gyms reopened, restrictions for restaurant operating hours were lifted and protests were occurring following the death of George Floyd.

“This contagion really took off with that young demographic, 18 to 34, 35 to 45 age group,” said the mayor. “It just shot up, and now we’re seeing the results of that.”

Meanwhile, State Rep. Shevrin Jones, D-Broward County, said he’s been fighting COVID-19 for around eight days.

“This morning I’m feeling just a tad bit better,” said Jones.

Jones said he’d like to see more changes being made statewide.

“If Broward is not following Miami-Dade County and Palm Beach is not following Broward County, all you’re going to see is individuals getting on 95 and traveling up north to go to dinner or to do other things, and so there should be a stay at home order until these numbers come back down,” he said.

Gimenez and his office are working to finalize the emergency order.

No changes are being made for Broward County as of Tuesday night.

That miami mayor sounds like reasonable guy. I believe he is the same one who said what is not allowed to be spoken in today's society, that the protests are the main reason for the spike, or a big one.

That miami mayor sounds like reasonable guy. I believe he is the same one who said what is not allowed to be spoken in today's society, that the protests are the main reason for the spike, or a big one.
He was also just on tv talking about how they might not open up schools this fall.

I doubt new gyms will open for the same reason I dont think maks will go away in our lifetime in many states. It's a political game. No amount of safety will be enough, they will use the virus to justify any agenda. Meaning a small outbreak anywhere politicans will close up shop. Therefore opening a gym will be a high risk game in specific states. Places like alabama etc should be fine

I don’t think new gyms will open up because they are a terrible investment with huge liability and initial cost, nothing to do with covid. If you’re thinking you could get equipment and build outs on the cheap from gyms closing that’s been nullified by everyone being desperate for equipment at home, I would love to be a liquidator right now of that stuff I bet they’re smiling ear to ear all day long, it’s been pretty much “name your price” from what I’ve seen.

I’ve spoken to this before, during the recession there was a gym boom because people didn’t have money so they worked on their bodies instead. It was a cheap hobby and let’s face it....a way to get pussy without spending much. Now people have money so it died off, chicks don’t care if you’re built or not if you’re wearing a 15k watch and driving an 80k car. Don’t get me wrong a chick will always take a good looking guy over a tub of lard all things being equal but for most it’s easier to throw money around than to work on your body obviously. I’m over simplifying it by making it all about pussy but it’s all in the same vein, people have money for other hobbies now which they value more than their time in the gym.

There is also the aspect of a “crisis”, disease doesn’t apply to it, skewing peoples natural instinct towards being healthier but thats a longer deeper conversation.

That obviously doesn’t apply to us but we are outliers, another thing I seem to be repeating a lot lately, how we see things doesn’t necessarily apply to the general population of lard asses haha

I'm closing this early for the weekend. I haven't closed any of the COVID threads in 3 weeks but certain members "pearls of wisdom" have reminded me they need to focus on the main aspects of the forum! Soapboxes will re-open Monday morning.

Central NY Athletic Club Files Challenge to Executive Orders That Forced Gyms to Close

An athletic club in central New York is suing the state over coronavirus-triggered mandates that forced its gyms to close.

The Aspen Athletic Club filed the lawsuit in a state court last week, arguing that Gov. Andrew Cuomo did not provide any procedural due process before issuing lockdown orders.
The athletic club operates four gyms throughout Onondaga County and employs 160 county residents, according to the lawsuit. Since mid-March and the lawsuit’s filing, the club has been forced to close the fitness facilities due to executive orders from Cuomo, who is listed as a defendant in the suit, according to the litigation.

The club is asking the court for a declaratory judgment that the executive orders violate their constitutional rights. The club is represented in the matter by James G. Mermigis of the Mermigis Law Group.
Central New York is in the final phase of the state’s reopening plan. However, gyms are not listed among the businesses allowed to reopen. The phase does allow for the reopening of higher education, “low-risk” indoor arts and entertainment and professional sports with no fans, among other activities.

As the intensity of the coronavirus crisis has waned in New York, state officials have allowed certain industries to reopen by region.

The athletic club’s lawsuit reflects growing frustration from New York businesses not yet allowed to reopen, but burdened with months of closures and a down economy.
The athletic club owes nearly $400,000 in back rent and 1,400 people have canceled their memberships, according to the lawsuit filed last week. The business cannot afford to stay closed, according to the lawsuit, which said the club can provide its service in a sanitary and socially distanced environment.

The litigation is one in a string of lawsuits over New York’s various coronavirus-induced restrictions.

The lawsuit also noted Cuomo’s comments about demonstrators who had gathered in large crowds to protest the killing of Black Americans by police. The Democrat has expressed support for the demonstrations.

“The only conclusion you draw from that is that thousands of people can march together throughout the State and there is no public health issue for marches, but someone who wants to open their gym with CDC safety guidelines is endangering the public,” the lawsuit reads.

“There is either a public health emergency or there’s not. It cannot be both,” the lawsuit says.

The litigation cites the Fourteenth Amendment and says the executive orders deprived the athletic club of the equal protection of the law.

“In short, [the athletic club] brings this lawsuit to define the limits of a State’s police power,” according to the lawsuit.

They're closing the gyms here again. So much for getting back in shape this year.

They're closing the gyms here again. So much for getting back in shape this year.
This will stretch on until there is either a vaccine or the state reaches herd immunity. One or the other, the way they are playing this by not wanting to take any risks.

Central NY Athletic Club Files Challenge to Executive Orders That Forced Gyms to Close

An athletic club in central New York is suing the state over coronavirus-triggered mandates that forced its gyms to close.

The Aspen Athletic Club filed the lawsuit in a state court last week, arguing that Gov. Andrew Cuomo did not provide any procedural due process before issuing lockdown orders.
The athletic club operates four gyms throughout Onondaga County and employs 160 county residents, according to the lawsuit. Since mid-March and the lawsuit’s filing, the club has been forced to close the fitness facilities due to executive orders from Cuomo, who is listed as a defendant in the suit, according to the litigation.

The club is asking the court for a declaratory judgment that the executive orders violate their constitutional rights. The club is represented in the matter by James G. Mermigis of the Mermigis Law Group.
Central New York is in the final phase of the state’s reopening plan. However, gyms are not listed among the businesses allowed to reopen. The phase does allow for the reopening of higher education, “low-risk” indoor arts and entertainment and professional sports with no fans, among other activities.

As the intensity of the coronavirus crisis has waned in New York, state officials have allowed certain industries to reopen by region.

The athletic club’s lawsuit reflects growing frustration from New York businesses not yet allowed to reopen, but burdened with months of closures and a down economy.
The athletic club owes nearly $400,000 in back rent and 1,400 people have canceled their memberships, according to the lawsuit filed last week. The business cannot afford to stay closed, according to the lawsuit, which said the club can provide its service in a sanitary and socially distanced environment.

The litigation is one in a string of lawsuits over New York’s various coronavirus-induced restrictions.

The lawsuit also noted Cuomo’s comments about demonstrators who had gathered in large crowds to protest the killing of Black Americans by police. The Democrat has expressed support for the demonstrations.

“The only conclusion you draw from that is that thousands of people can march together throughout the State and there is no public health issue for marches, but someone who wants to open their gym with CDC safety guidelines is endangering the public,” the lawsuit reads.

“There is either a public health emergency or there’s not. It cannot be both,” the lawsuit says.

The litigation cites the Fourteenth Amendment and says the executive orders deprived the athletic club of the equal protection of the law.

“In short, [the athletic club] brings this lawsuit to define the limits of a State’s police power,” according to the lawsuit.

The irony about him supporting the anti police protests said it all. If we lived in a world where logic and common sense existed, his support for the protests would make this a slam dunk. He obviously has zero regard for public safety it's not disputable based on his own statements

This will stretch on until there is either a vaccine or the state reaches herd immunity. One or the other, the way they are playing this by not wanting to take any risks.
I believe I read on another forum they are trying to say herd immunity cant happen with this virus, it only lasts a few weeks.

I believe I read on another forum they are trying to say herd immunity cant happen with this virus, it only lasts a few weeks.
If thats the case, then that is indeed very rare i think. Most immunities last at least a year or more. One reason we get a flu shot each year.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131