over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

INSPIRE CPAP implant

It's a big risk. Any sleep apnea treatment other than CPAP has about 60-40 success rate - I know this because Dr. Craig Schwimmer, who innovated many surgeries for sleep apnea - was a client of mine.

If you really want to treat sleep apnea use a CPAP, period.
I think this is only for the other surgeries. When I did research, I saw a 90% satisfaction rate for Inspire. It's pretty new.

It might be weird having to press a remote controlled button to activate it while it's implanted in your body though. They have to do a minor incision to get it in there

I think this is only for the other surgeries. When I did research, I saw a 90% satisfaction rate for Inspire. It's pretty new.

It might be weird having to press a remote controlled button to activate it while it's implanted in your body though. They have to do a minor incision to get it in there

I think this is why they screen to see if you are a decent candidate. Seems a few of us here have been told we won't qualify though I've never formally tried.

Also just looked up AirMini's pressures and it maxes at 20. About the lowest setting on my Bipap that works great for me is 21. Not necessarily a deal breaker but I figured I'd run into that issue.

I think this is why they screen to see if you are a decent candidate. Seems a few of us here have been told we won't qualify though I've never formally tried.

Also just looked up AirMini's pressures and it maxes at 20. About the lowest setting on my Bipap that works great for me is 21. Not necessarily a deal breaker but I figured I'd run into that issue.
My airsense 10 stops at 20 too and I keep it right around there. . I can’t imagine much more, my cheeks puff out now from the air as it is lol

My airsense 10 stops at 20 too and I keep it right around there. . I can’t imagine much more, my cheeks puff out now from the air as it is lol

I have an Aircurve set for Bipap and Vauto. It goes to 25 and I used to nearly max it. Sucks. Strap is pulled tight to bolt it to your face. I keep lots of extra straps as the velcro fails within 90 days. Full on ball gag like marks in the morning (joking but does suck).

Tech with 25 years of experience told me I was the only in shape person he'd ever seen who needed those pressures and I was on the verge of needing a whole other class of machine. Basically those levels are for 350lbs plus morbidly obese people that need to be inflated to breath. I'm like just under 6'3" and 240ish. Something structural in me is a bit fucked but whatever.

If pressures get high enough they force air in you for massive nighttime burbs (actually fun and crushes Booger on Revenge of the Nerds) and if you don't burp them they become huge morning farts (wife wants to kill). Simple pleasures ;-)

Yeah. The success rate is supposed to be over 90% as stated above. But that's because they have to approve you to be a candidate. I think my central apnea was a big part of me being rejected. If I remember correctly, inspire is more for physically obstructive apnea

Yea exactly. They are trying to save Inspire for the people will really bad apnea

Yea exactly. They are trying to save Inspire for the people will really bad apnea

Actually it's the really bad ones where it's not effective - like me and someone else above. I think light to moderate is there sweet spot and they avoid problem kids like us. Is what it is. Would love to try so might explore separately. Sleeping on a home respirator isn't exactly desirable.

Actually it's the really bad ones where it's not effective - like me and someone else above. I think light to moderate is there sweet spot and they avoid problem kids like us. Is what it is. Would love to try so might explore separately. Sleeping on a home respirator isn't exactly desirable.
I was told by the company itself that it's for people with moderate-severe apnea and a high enough BMI

I was told by the company itself that it's for people with moderate-severe apnea and a high enough BMI

So for context I'm 3x severe threshold of 20 events per hour (I have like 57 or 60 I think). Moderate from is 10-20. Sleep apnea starts at 5.

Guys, like me who are deep into severe are told they aren't good candidates. I assume they target 10-20 and maybe 20s range but no idea other than those are the formal theshhold limits for each class (and I flat out suck, but a number of others here are where I'm at too). Honestly if I was sub 10 I wouldn't even bother using a cpap unless I had major symptoms and disruptions in my life. I don't have those even at my levels other than the messed up snoring and breathing.

I went in for the Inspire as well, I had been diagnosed as Severe sleep apnea, however I can't use a machine. Well, I saw an ENT doc who said first I needed to get my deviated septum fixed (as I couldn't get any air in my left nostril), at which time they'd also do another sleep study to determine if I would even be able to have the Inspire. Also noted that typically, the nose surgery improves sleep for 7-10 people.
This last October I had the deviated septum repaired and they found I was a candidate for the Inspire, however now that I can breath correctly, I went to a mild sleep apnea. I will do another full study this year, but don't think I need it. Snoring and waking has stopped.

Is it battery operated or plug in?
Both.

It is much louder that a normal full size cpap machine though. You won't notice it on the plane, but in the quiet hotel room it's certainly not silent like my proper machine.

Damn. I'm like 0.8 to 1.3 per HR from 360 to 30 days. No CPAP and I was I think 58 or 60 (3x severe limit of 20 per HR). My blood O2 was in the 80s...low 80s at points if I remember. Dr. freaked when my study came back as my survey questions don't show I suffering at all. Granted it took me a long while to get used to the thing but really solves the problem.

Are you working with a doc at all on it? I'm sure you know 15 is midway in the moderate range for apnea still.
Yes but my PCP doc is flat out worthless… Been dealing with my bullshit insurance trying to get my latest sleep study completed. I’ll be calling again today to see what’s up with that prior authorization crap.

I’d be ecstatic getting my number down to 5.

Cage

inspector gadget!
1713364065573.png

Yes but my PCP doc is flat out worthless… Been dealing with my bullshit insurance trying to get my latest sleep study completed. I’ll be calling again today to see what’s up with that prior authorization crap.

I’d be ecstatic getting my number down to 5.

Cage

I think we've all discussed so you may know this but there are service menus that allow you to increase/decrease pressure and some other factors right? Whole forums and stickies dedicated to that stuff. If you need help I will try to get you started and pointed in the right direction for more info (like tools to dump your memory card and examine data and where to post for people to interpret and make suggestions). Lmk

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Skunk101
NapsGear