over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What are we really eating...???

How do those of you who eat 500+ carbs a day not just want to nap immediately post meal?

My insulin sensitivity is very high, I get 10k+ steps daily, do cardio daily (not included in steps), etc.

I would like to eat higher carb but it just zaps me of mental acuity and energy.
I do NOT go high carb a lot..usually only have carbs with 1 meal a day..but there have been days when I do eat a lot of carbs(at a whole sleeve of bagels yesterday) and I’m just uncomfortable for a long time..shoulders fell like they don’t work

How do those of you who eat 500+ carbs a day not just want to nap immediately post meal?

My insulin sensitivity is very high, I get 10k+ steps daily, do cardio daily (not included in steps), etc.

I would like to eat higher carb but it just zaps me of mental acuity and energy.
You could try to stagger the carbs for the meals later in the day so you can focus earlier in the day. Kind of like an evening carb load for the next day. Like 50g carbs first 3 meals 125g carbs last 3

You could try to stagger the carbs for the meals later in the day so you can focus earlier in the day. Kind of like an evening carb load for the next day. Like 50g carbs first 3 meals 125g carbs last 3
Currently I have about 200g carbs with my last “meal” at the very end of the day and that pretty much puts me to sleep lol. I think I’d need to do something like you outlined to make it work.

I work out first thing AM so ideally would like to get a decent amount of carbs in directly post but don’t think that’s gonna be realistic for me.

You might have reactive hypoglycemia - I say that because at your size you should be able to handle tons of carbs just fine.

Reactive hypoglycemia basically means your body makes too much insulin when you consume your meal, leading to the big crash in blood sugar. It isn't typically immediately post meal but it varies for those with it. There aren't really ways to treat it - it's more lifestyle alterations.

Have you taken any blood sugar readings pre and post meals?

You might have reactive hypoglycemia - I say that because at your size you should be able to handle tons of carbs just fine.

Reactive hypoglycemia basically means your body makes too much insulin when you consume your meal, leading to the big crash in blood sugar. It isn't typically immediately post meal but it varies for those with it. There aren't really ways to treat it - it's more lifestyle alterations.

Have you taken any blood sugar readings pre and post meals?
That’s a good flag. I hadn’t really considered reactive hypoglycemia. I do 15iu GH IM around 3:30am, working out by 5am, eating first meal at about 7:30am - I thought perhaps I was metabolizing carbs inappropriately due to the acute insulin resistance that is present several hours after administration but perhaps it’s a combination of reactive hypoglycemia + the acute insulin resistance that is causing the excessive tiredness; body needing to release extra insulin to shuttle the carbs + potentially overcompensation and putting me too low.

I haven’t been testing BG recently since I had reached a pretty steady state with the 15iu of GH and there hadn’t been any concerning readings for months when I was testing frequently.

I’m going to test BG tomorrow pre and post meal and will make it a higher carb meal to see what happens.

I am similar. I keep alot of my carbs postworkout and the meal after.

That being said I still need a certain amount of carbs during the day. Just not a ton of them though.

I also eat alot of easy digesting food during the day

I find carbs are a lot like protein or other things. When i built up to eating a lot of carbs every meal years ago there were no issue. Now a big meal with carbs and i am down for the rest of the day. I am sure if i started eating them more often and then increased the amount i could handle them better.

I find carbs are a lot like protein or other things. When i built up to eating a lot of carbs every meal years ago there were no issue. Now a big meal with carbs and i am down for the rest of the day. I am sure if i started eating them more often and then increased the amount i could handle them better.
Makes sense. I can put down massive amounts of protein with zero issue. Back when I did carnivore + OMAD I could put down 3 to 4 ribeye go for a quick walk and feel little to no impact on energy.

I haven’t really been eating carbs frequently so perhaps I do just need to get adjusted to them and slowly titrate up to avoid the lethargy.

I am similar. I keep alot of my carbs postworkout and the meal after.

That being said I still need a certain amount of carbs during the day. Just not a ton of them though.

I also eat alot of easy digesting food during the day
Oddly enough I “feel” best when in ketosis, but it doesn’t exactly optimally support my physique goals to subsist off protein + fat.

Think I’m going to try cream of rice post workout and some potatoes in the following meal as a starting point to increasing carbs and just titrate the amount up while reducing fat from other foods.

Oddly enough I “feel” best when in ketosis, but it doesn’t exactly optimally support my physique goals to subsist off protein + fat.

Think I’m going to try cream of rice post workout and some potatoes in the following meal as a starting point to increasing carbs and just titrate the amount up while reducing fat from other foods.
I’m a big fan of Justin Harris carb cycling approach

High protein - low carb - medium fats on off days
Medium protein - medium carb - low fat on workout days
High carb - lower protein - no fat 1 or 2 workout days a week for carb load refeed day

Just checked out your diet now. I like the simplicity. Similar to mine.

Main difference is I train later in the day so I'm winding down when I'm eating the majority of my carbs.

You had meal 2 down twice I believe?

Maybe cut down abit on the meat if your adding carbs in also

Just checked out your diet now. I like the simplicity. Similar to mine.

Main difference is I train later in the day so I'm winding down when I'm eating the majority of my carbs.

You had meal 2 down twice I believe?

Maybe cut down abit on the meat if your adding carbs in also
Wish I could train later and have the majority of carbs on the wind down but just not something I can swing with my schedule.

I actually usually do eat 3ish pounds meat per day, but if I’m increasing the carbs I definitely will cut down a bit given carbs are protein sparing and all that stuff.

Wish I could train later and have the majority of carbs on the wind down but just not something I can swing with my schedule.

I actually usually do eat 3ish pounds meat per day, but if I’m increasing the carbs I definitely will cut down a bit given carbs are protein sparing and all that stuff.

Haha I wish some days I could be up early before work and go train.

Nice. Good luck with it 💪

I’m a big fan of Justin Harris carb cycling approach

High protein - low carb - medium fats on off days
Medium protein - medium carb - low fat on workout days
High carb - lower protein - no fat 1 or 2 workout days a week for carb load refeed day
I kind of like that. May give something like that a shot. I’ll modify slightly since I only have 1 scheduled off day per week and probably throw a high carb day on a leg day.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131