over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Training Log: Bodybuilder in China

I've been in a deficit for almost 6 months... I'm not sure there's much point in continuing. Every time I listen to a Justin Harris podcast I think maybe I should just be in offseason right now. So much of your results in cutting are due to how you set yourself up during the offseason and at this point having been in a deficit for so long and having set up my offseason so god damn stupidly and unstructured, I am thinking that continuing this even on lower clen no t3 is probably counterproductive in the long run. Like yeah you "can" get super diced out starting from fat with a dogshit metabolism and digestion, injuries, and high systematic fatigue before you start prep, but at some point you're better off just getting "lean enough to bulk", going into a structured offseason, improving that metabolism and digestion, not putting on too much bf during that offseason, and then starting another leaning out phase from a much more optimized and healthy position. John Jewett and Luke Miller often discuss this on their podcast.. quit focusing on the prep and what you do during prep being what determines your look... you put two guys of similar body comp on the exact same prep protocol but one of them was set up much better during offseason with regard to fatigue, injuries, digestion, and consistent offseason eating habits, and clearly the guy who started from the better position will respond better to the same prep protocol. I see why they emphasize doing a 6-8 week "holding phase" before prep, which is basically cruise doses, lower training, and allowing fatigue/injuries to heal. I did things the retarded way of 'oh I only have x weeks left of offseason, i need to GRIND HARD1!1" and end up comign into prep with super messed up shoulders, hips, and knees... this was stupid.

I didn't get as dug out as I wanted to this year, but nobody would look at me and say I'm not in a fantastic spot to start a surplus with great sensitivity and nutrient partitioning. I've also discovered that minimizing my dietary fats has vastly improved my digestion.. 0 heartburn or gerd at night these days and I've even dropped the twice weekly omeprazole I used to need. Yesterday my added fats were like 20g almond butter and whatever fats were in my last meal 250g sirloin steak plus some butter with my potatos. Probably less than 60g total fats incl trace fats for the whole day. Tren E is still in my system too, so I *should* have heartburn from that. Nope... totally fine. I used to eat shit like omelettes with bacon, ham, and cheese last offseason. Things like burgers and mexican food fairly frequently as well. My problem was not too low of stomach acid nor too high of androgens, it was just a vanilla dogshit diet full of dietary fats. I can handle sugars/fruits/vegetables/low fat dairy/high FODMAP foods and things that are often culprits for other people, but what seems to fuck me up hard is high dietary fats, even from conventionally "clean" sources. Steak seems to be the only one I can sorta handle, even salmon bugs me a bit.

Justin Harris just so consistently puts 50lbs of stage weight in 2 years on guys who are at my level of advancement or even above it. And he does it will low doses like a 750 to a gram of test and 600 deca or 1g test 1g primo. I'd really like to hire him or compton, but the big problem is that stocks/crypto/assets in general are at such low prices due to the recession so I can't justify taking 2k+ usd and putting it toward coaching given how insane the returns on financial assets are likely to be given their extremely discounted price. If S&P500 is at all time highs and btc is north of 50k and you know things are short-run overvalued with high probability of corection, then your opportunity cost for buying coaching is really low because assets are overvalued and buying at that time will yield lacklustre returns. On top of that, I gotta pay my tuition for my 3rd master's degree (this one is much less serious than the first two, online education masters mostly just a qualification I have to earn to get a salary boost and ability to work in Thailand just in case I need to bail, I expect to learn absolutely nothing useful for my career given how radically different teaching in Asia is vs western countries. If I stayed at my current job it'd pay for itself in 18 months, if I go elsewhere maybe far sooner than that). I'm also considering hunkering down even longer in China, getting more serious with that girl who somewhat derailed my prep, and if I do that she's gonna want me to contribute toward an investment in some office space she wants to renovate and rent out. she already bought the office space in the building but still has a lot of renovations that need to be done. The government meeting in November will reveal a lot about Chinese political and economic situation and whether or not being a foreigner here long term is "viable". A lot of my logs on other websites have devolved into me blabbering on about personal life stuff, so I'll talk less about my whole girlfriend/which country am I planning on living in arrangements.

So it's not that I don't want to hire a coach because of where I am now in my bbing career, this is pretty much exactly the right time to have some guidance. I don't want to hire a coach right now because of macroeconomic and career conditions lol.

Regardless, my long term plan is offseason cycle and 5-6x/wk training until January. January/Februrary cruise time 250mg/wk test for 7-10 weeks, stay on mk677 and cjc or gh year round, drop to 3x/wk training and let any joint/tendon/muscle pains subside, go softer on training as required. Starting in march, 16 week mock-prep diet, enter a show only if there's one in my city and I don't have to travel, then repeat that yearly plan and step on stage again in late Spring/Early summer 2024.

Oh right... I was supposed to train today but it's near 40 degrees celsius and I frankly just went too hard too soon on the cardio and feel very tired today so i'm gonna take a rest day. Tomorrow dentist for a cleaning and hopefully able to train legs after that. Gonna do the high carb day the day before training instead of the day of b/c of tomorrow's dentist appointment.

Gonna keep in 20-30 mins 120-130 HR cardio in daily since I need to compensate for reduced output from not working and for health/digestion. I'd like to do stairs in my apartment building but it's so incredibly hot I might need to do stairmaster post training instead which is gonna be horrible after leg days but oh well stop being a vagina.

Got legs done despite the painful dentistry. Turns out warm but not too hot cream of rice with protein powder is perfect for this type of situation.

Hip thrust: 1.5px17, 13, 10
Leg extensions: 20x12x7 30 sec rests
hamstring curls: 30x12x3, 25x12x4 30 sec rests
Leg press: 3.5ppsx26, 15, 10 Calves between sets while resting, will bump this up to 4pps after I get 30 on first set.

I've been in a deficit for almost 6 months... I'm not sure there's much point in continuing. Every time I listen to a Justin Harris podcast I think maybe I should just be in offseason right now. So much of your results in cutting are due to how you set yourself up during the offseason and at this point having been in a deficit for so long and having set up my offseason so god damn stupidly and unstructured, I am thinking that continuing this even on lower clen no t3 is probably counterproductive in the long run. Like yeah you "can" get super diced out starting from fat with a dogshit metabolism and digestion, injuries, and high systematic fatigue before you start prep, but at some point you're better off just getting "lean enough to bulk", going into a structured offseason, improving that metabolism and digestion, not putting on too much bf during that offseason, and then starting another leaning out phase from a much more optimized and healthy position. John Jewett and Luke Miller often discuss this on their podcast.. quit focusing on the prep and what you do during prep being what determines your look... you put two guys of similar body comp on the exact same prep protocol but one of them was set up much better during offseason with regard to fatigue, injuries, digestion, and consistent offseason eating habits, and clearly the guy who started from the better position will respond better to the same prep protocol. I see why they emphasize doing a 6-8 week "holding phase" before prep, which is basically cruise doses, lower training, and allowing fatigue/injuries to heal. I did things the retarded way of 'oh I only have x weeks left of offseason, i need to GRIND HARD1!1" and end up comign into prep with super messed up shoulders, hips, and knees... this was stupid.

I didn't get as dug out as I wanted to this year, but nobody would look at me and say I'm not in a fantastic spot to start a surplus with great sensitivity and nutrient partitioning. I've also discovered that minimizing my dietary fats has vastly improved my digestion.. 0 heartburn or gerd at night these days and I've even dropped the twice weekly omeprazole I used to need. Yesterday my added fats were like 20g almond butter and whatever fats were in my last meal 250g sirloin steak plus some butter with my potatos. Probably less than 60g total fats incl trace fats for the whole day. Tren E is still in my system too, so I *should* have heartburn from that. Nope... totally fine. I used to eat shit like omelettes with bacon, ham, and cheese last offseason. Things like burgers and mexican food fairly frequently as well. My problem was not too low of stomach acid nor too high of androgens, it was just a vanilla dogshit diet full of dietary fats. I can handle sugars/fruits/vegetables/low fat dairy/high FODMAP foods and things that are often culprits for other people, but what seems to fuck me up hard is high dietary fats, even from conventionally "clean" sources. Steak seems to be the only one I can sorta handle, even salmon bugs me a bit.

Justin Harris just so consistently puts 50lbs of stage weight in 2 years on guys who are at my level of advancement or even above it. And he does it will low doses like a 750 to a gram of test and 600 deca or 1g test 1g primo. I'd really like to hire him or compton, but the big problem is that stocks/crypto/assets in general are at such low prices due to the recession so I can't justify taking 2k+ usd and putting it toward coaching given how insane the returns on financial assets are likely to be given their extremely discounted price. If S&P500 is at all time highs and btc is north of 50k and you know things are short-run overvalued with high probability of corection, then your opportunity cost for buying coaching is really low because assets are overvalued and buying at that time will yield lacklustre returns. On top of that, I gotta pay my tuition for my 3rd master's degree (this one is much less serious than the first two, online education masters mostly just a qualification I have to earn to get a salary boost and ability to work in Thailand just in case I need to bail, I expect to learn absolutely nothing useful for my career given how radically different teaching in Asia is vs western countries. If I stayed at my current job it'd pay for itself in 18 months, if I go elsewhere maybe far sooner than that). I'm also considering hunkering down even longer in China, getting more serious with that girl who somewhat derailed my prep, and if I do that she's gonna want me to contribute toward an investment in some office space she wants to renovate and rent out. she already bought the office space in the building but still has a lot of renovations that need to be done. The government meeting in November will reveal a lot about Chinese political and economic situation and whether or not being a foreigner here long term is "viable". A lot of my logs on other websites have devolved into me blabbering on about personal life stuff, so I'll talk less about my whole girlfriend/which country am I planning on living in arrangements.

So it's not that I don't want to hire a coach because of where I am now in my bbing career, this is pretty much exactly the right time to have some guidance. I don't want to hire a coach right now because of macroeconomic and career conditions lol.

Regardless, my long term plan is offseason cycle and 5-6x/wk training until January. January/Februrary cruise time 250mg/wk test for 7-10 weeks, stay on mk677 and cjc or gh year round, drop to 3x/wk training and let any joint/tendon/muscle pains subside, go softer on training as required. Starting in march, 16 week mock-prep diet, enter a show only if there's one in my city and I don't have to travel, then repeat that yearly plan and step on stage again in late Spring/Early summer 2024.
50 lbs 2 years
So 2500 for 25 lbs

That's a great return on investment if you consider your time, money - in both directions - wasted if you can't do it yourself
And gained hiring Harris - he will definitely save you money and shit load of time

50 lbs 2 years
So 2500 for 25 lbs

That's a great return on investment if you consider your time, money - in both directions - wasted if you can't do it yourself
And gained hiring Harris - he will definitely save you money and shit load of time

Definitely planning on it, just probably not until September. Too many other short-term expenses I need to take care of ATM. I really doubt somebody with my frame/genetics will actually gain 50lbs in two years, but i'd be exceedingly satisfied just to either fill out the classic weight cap completely or be big enough to "need" to water cut to make classic or to be a couple of lbs from the top of HW. And who knows? maybe that kind of weight gain really is possible, can't sell it short.

Push
prone Delt raises+band pullaparts: 5 sets each
mid incline paused db press: 30kgx18, 12
Machine fly: 50-70x10-12x4
Machine incline press: 4 sets
Tricep pushdowns: 5 sets
DB skullcrushers: 7.5kgx5 sets

Trained at a different gym that I used to train at about a year ago. The lighting in here is great, but wow the equipment sucks dick. Bench felt incredibly unstable compared to my usual one.

There's a "bodybuilding gym" at a mall about 6km with heavy traffic from my house and I'm thinking of setting up training so that at least one of my push days is on a weekend and I can head over there to train push. They offer daily drop-ins for about 5$. There's a guy who comes to my gym maybe 2x/wk who missed classic pro card two years in a row second place in classic C group at Amateur Olympia China and Chinese Nationals and he's had a lot of good advice that mirrors what Justin Harris says. He normally trains at this bbing gym and told me there's a lot of male competitors there and it'd be great to network with more Chinese bbers. I only mostly know the powerlifting guys and gals in this city.

Pull

bb rows: 90x18, 12
NG pullups: bwx14,10, 9
single arm lat pulldowns: 20x17, 12
Row machine: 30kgx12, 25x11

EZ curls: 20kgx30, 11, 8, 7, 7
hammer curls: 7.5kgx5 sets

By the time I got to NG pullups my mind was somewhere completely else. Flying off to kunming tomorrow and I'll be away from the gym until the 14th.

I wanna start logging food/nutrition in here more often, even in offseason. It's just as important if not more so than the training.

Meal 1
Chicken Biryani from a restaurant. Chicken thighs+breast with skin maybe 125g, 250g or so of basmati rice, and various mixed fruits and shredded carrots with turmeric. Higher fats because they cook it with ghee and it has thigh meat+skin.

Meal 2
175g chicken breast
250g rice
?? green beans
10g butter

Meal 3
200g chicken breast
300g rice
?? green beans
15g butter
1 cup frozen blueberries

Meal 4
~50g carbs worth of coco puffs +12g honey

Meal 5
200g chicken breast
300g rice
?? green beans
15g butter

idk if I'll include a full sixth meal, but I'm def gonna have some more fruit probably blueberries or bananas

Legs
Leg extensions: 20-22.5kgx12x7 30 second rests
hamstring curls: 22.5kgx12x7 30 second rests
HBBS: 100kgx10, 80kgx16+4 (needed to rack the bar and rest a while)

Post training the guy I mentioned in another post who got 2nd in classic physique Chinese nationals two years in a row talked to me about training. Said that I probably should just drop the squats and do hacks. It's fine for younger bodybuilders, but I'm 33 and likely only have at most a decade of good bodybuilding before I start regressing, and long term just excluding squats is gonna be wise. I've had so many knee issues from squatting over the past few years. Even if I didn't have knee problems, my job is fairly cognitively complex where I'm solving some difficult economics problems in front of some really high IQ elite high school students all day. While I am supposed to teach only in English, usually in the office some students will want me to explain things from class in Chinese which takes even more thinking on my part since I need to use fairly high level vocab and grammar to explain economics stuff in my 2nd language. The day after squatting or deadlifting, not only do I feel like I got hit by a bus, I have trouble thinking clearly and even doing my job. This isn't a huge deal during summer break or toward the end of the school year when things are winding down, but throughout the past academic year it's absolutely been an issue. This is not some bullshit ESL or kindergarten job and I take pride at being really good at this job. I am convinced that quitting the powerlifting stuff is not only going to benefit my bodybuilding career, it'll also extend my years of good bodybuilding with less wear and tear and will help me do my actual career much better from not being so physically and CNS fatigued. This is especially true now that I'm moving from 4 training days per week to 6... that makes it far more important to pick exercises with good stimulus-to-fatigue ratio. My sleep also massively suffers from that kind of sq/dl training bc my heart rate skyrockets for several hours afterword. This is just not worthwhile with my goals/age/lifestyle.

There's a powerlifting meet here in December and i've told my pling buddies I'll show up to load/spot/support/make noise/help them, but I'm not participating. They're disappointed and I can see it. If I were a younger bodybuilder, doing both and not necessarily making the other significantly worse is possible, but at this age no just pick one and do it 100%. BBing is definitely for me, pl is definitely not.

Pull

Pullups: bwx19, 14, 9
Underhand rows: 70kgx20, 11
Plate loaded pulldowns: 95kgx17, 9
EZ curls: 20kgx23, 4 more sets failure
seated hammer curls: 7.5kgx3 sets fail

Wanted to do another 2 sets of a horizontal pull but gym was closing so had to economize.

Morning bw hovering around 93.xkg up from 88kg stage weight around 3.5 weeks ago.

High carb day today
M1
70g dry measured cream of rice
300ml skim
1 banana
cinnamon
20g honey
2 scoops whey
12g almond butter

M2
150g chicken, 200g rice, green beans, 125g air fryer potato

M3
Protein pancake (digestive issues immediately from eating this so no pancakes for this guy).

M3
150g chicken breast, 200g rice

M4
175g chicken breast, 300g rice, 20g honey, 125g apple pie filling, 12g almond butter

M5
70g coco puffs

Training

M6 will be sum more chicken breast, rice, green beans when I get to it later tonight.

Legs
Hip thrust machine: 1.5ppsx20, 14, 9
Leg extensions: 30kgx20, 13, 9
Hamstring curls: 40kgx13, 9, 7
Hack squat: 2ppsx15, 8, 8

All lifts above paused. Almost everything is paused these days with the exception of a few pulling movements like pullups/barbell rows and some delt stuff.

Gyms closed as of post workout today for 7 days because pestilence returneth to these lands.

As someone who has worked with Justin Harris before, I would highly recommend him!

I still use his training plans/diets to this date and have learned so much from working with him!

Yeah..I can't really hire a coach for a 1+ year plan when we're still dealing with intermittent gym closures. Like I may have mentioned, November might be a turning point...it also might not be.

Thankfully still able to train at the powerlifting gym secretly, but we got busted last time so who knows... I saw some bars were opening and nothing bad was happening to them. Annoying...

Pull:
BB rows: 90kgx22, 14
Pullups: bwx14, 10, 8
HS high rows: 3 sets failure
EZ curls: 5 sets failure
Hammer curls seated: 7.5kg dbsx4 sets failure

Legs
Paused HBBS: 120kgx8, 100kgx10, 80kgx21

Alright, time to deload. City in partial lockdown and my main gym is closed. I'm sore. I'm achey. My left shoulder, right bicep tendon, and right knee are all a little bit sore. No machines and almost entirely freeweights beats me up much faster. I'm gonna lift at most twice next week, but possible 0 or 1 times and wait until my regular gym re-opens... hopefull it does reopen.

I think this is a good time to start the cruise, stop slamming calories/force feeding for 7-8 weeks, and go into a big offseason push phase starting from healthy and fresh.

Stack will stay around 750 test 450 deca mk677+cjc with dac and 20-30iu lantus training days with 6-7 iu humalog with post workout meal once I go into that push phase. But I'll lower anavar to 20mg which I think should be sustainable year round without big impact on blood... just a mild anabolic doing sum work in the background. Maybe go up to 1g/600mg test and deca later in the push phase if stregth and bw start stalling.

Quick update:

I'm alive and still training. I ended up cutting my rebound short and going into a cruise earlier than planned due to covid closures and generally just feeling very beat up with my left shoulder. Sunday will mark the 5th week of my cruise and I plan to do 6. My cycles have been so conservative this past 12 months with my doses going down a lot so I'm not sure a super long 10-12 week cruise is necessary. I might bump things up to like 1.2g test 600 deca and 40mg var or smth, haven't decided yet.

After overanalyzing all fucking day about what training program to do I decided to ignore "science" and look at what the best guys do and just do that. That plus listening to episode 8 of the troponin podcast where even Justin Harris, one of the number 1 DC advocates, admits that DC and PPL are suboptimal for arm/delt development and overall balance even if they can technically add more stage weight than other programs. I am doing FST-7 and only squatting twice every 4 weeks and deadlifting on the weeks I don't squat but doing it on a seperate 6th training day where I do nothing but 2 sets of deadlifts. I may actually drop the deadlifts entirely after a powerlifting meet in December; I'll see.

I'll prob start logging again.
I've been extremely consistent with logging for over a year now and come January I would like to experiment with DNP. If any sponsors are interested in me doing a sponsored DNP log, hit me up. This is not me begging for a free DNP handout; I'm actually willing to pay for it I just need a sponsor who can actually ship to China. It's not illegal here but for whatever reason several board sponsors have refused to ship anything here and many Chinese sponsors here have refused to ship domestic to me, even stuff that is legal.

I want to run low dose (200-250mg) DNP then because this is when my post-offseason cycle cruise will begin and my working environment is so miserably cold with no indoor heating in my classrooms, poor ventilation in my house because I live in southern China, and the only place I have good heating is my office. I'll be on 250mg test/wk and training a little bit softer and taking a chance to have a break from slamming food/let injuries heal before I start my "precontest" cycle in March. It'd be great if I could start that cycle leaner and more insulin sensitive from the DNP and also not feel miserably cold. Really killing two birds with one stone! I may or may not actually compete; If I end up moving countries/cities I will not compete. If my gf comes to live in my city full time, I will not compete. If I stay here in this city and we are not moving in together until August (or we break up!) then I will do a competition. Even if I don't compete, the cutting cycle/reset still gotta happen so I can figure out and optimize the process.

Anyway, that won't be until January so plenty of time to get that sorted out.

I'm still alive. We've had gym closures literally every other week but our powerlifting gym has stayed open a bit more so I've been prepping for the meet. I'm 14 days out as of today and did my final heavy deadlift workout. Kinda cruisin now with training and will hit openers thursday then mostly dick around with 70%ish weights for a few singles until meet day.

Luki gave me a cycle via pm of like 1.2-1.5g test 800 deca 800 eq, 5iu of gh, and humalog pre/post+lantus on high days. I'm seriously thinking about doing that after gyms open up for real and returning to logging here. In case you haven't followed international news, China is finally in the process of scrapping zero covid policy and restrictions. Maybe wait until I catch covid then start that kind of a blast. Never played around at that level of dosage but I have a feeling with my genetics if I want to even get on the Chinese national stage and look competitive, let alone win a pro card, and I probably need to take that much offseason.

in the mean-time here's some footage from my last heavy deadlift workout

Also might be moving to hong kong in 8 months. Had an interview a while ago, should know the results by wednesday. Hoping for the best...

I'm still alive. I'm going to reboot my training log finally now that I'm back to the gym and back to my normal routine. For anyone that isn't aware, we had really severe lockdowns in China from summer until December, and then the government finally gave in and relaxed zero-covid policy. I got covid within 2 days of the policy being relaxed. It wasn't that bad, but it did hit me when I was supposed to do a powerlifting meet. Despite the time off from lockdowns my shoulder still never healed and has been injured for well over a year now. I went to Thailand on vacation and to see some family and didn't focus on training much then.

Now i'm back in China, back to work, back to my routine, meal prepping, and ready to kick some ass. No more worries about intermittent gym closures or grocery store food shortages like the last ~6-7 months. FInally ready to have a consistent offseason. After a long time of inconsistent training and eating, my body composition is pretty bad so I'm going to start by just recomping (no stimulants as of yet) for now and go into hardcore weight gain more around summer time. Me and my friend are going to do a "bodybuilding camp" in Thailand. We'll rent a condo in Jomtien, go monk mode, and get shit done. No party stuff.

2-13

Pullups: bwx20 to win some stupid competition, not very strict
deadlift: 140kgx5, 160kgx5x3
Pullups: bwx12, 8, 6, 6 strict
Unilateral pulldowns: 1.5ppsx10x4
machine rows: 40kgx15x3, x8

EZ curls: 20kgx21, 3 more sets to failure

2-14

Chest+shoulders+triceps

Shoulder rehab first
Delt raises: 5kgx5 sets
Cable crossover: 7.5kgx15x4