over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

fat loss problem

There’s no such thing as not eating enough to lose weight.
The body doesn’t stop burning calories ever unless you’re dead.
Your friend isn’t tracking everything that she puts into her mouth.
Go find me a picture of someone with anorexia who just stops losing weight or a fat holocaust survivor. They look like skin and bones.
The metabolism doesn’t slow down enough to really ever think about it being the reason weight loss stalled.
Starvation mode is a myth.
She also sounds like she needs a therapist.
THANK YOU 👍🏿

Sounds super easy to figure out to me…

Step 1 - Count EVERY calorie you consume
Step 2 - Do a full blood panel covering everything

If she’s working out, doing cardio and still not losing the undesirable weight she’s consuming too many calories.

In the other hand, if you’ve tracked all calories and she’s truly in a deficit then the bloodwork will let you know where the issue is….

It’s really that simple….

Cage
This. Need the full picture but once you have it (comprehensive blood work, actual diet, etc.) it’ll be very clear what needs to be done I suspect.

First of all we know nothing about her

Secondly blood tests. It seems that due to the "starvation" diet, her metabolism slowed down significantly, which most likely led to hypothyroidism - there may be many reasons, but it is a common situation among women who try to lose weight by starving themselves.
@luki7788 I His TSH is 0.56 mIU/L

Maybe her cheat meal is too caloric and ruins the whole week's deficit? Either she's sneaking food, or not tracking everything she eats.

If she lifts weights intensely, should have some developed muscle and her body weight will be higher than normal, she should focus more on composition than scale weight.

Age is a limiting factor, if her genetics is not good, she need a great strategy to look the way she want.

Seem too stressed with so much daily activity, it's time to relax and make some changes.

Her thyroid may be messed up, a common occurrence in women on spartan diets.

Pics would definitely help (just weight and height only tell part of the story - different people carry their weight differently)
And a full day or two of typical eating for her.(full details, exact diet, meal timing, etc.)
It also sounds like she's not sleeping enough and might have high cortisol levels, which can definitely impact physique / look.
Also 47 could be peri-menopause so blood work (including all sex hormones) would be smart (it always is, regardless of age).
@Shelby wow I'm amazed, you're right on several things!
Yes she has been sleeping very little and very badly at night for several years.
She is in menopause following a medical error instead of removing her cysts they removed her ovaries, she was 40 years old, 7 years ago.
Breakfast: A skyr or 25g whey isolate + 1 sugar-free cappuccino
Lunch: Green vegetables with fish or chicken and 1 sugar-free cappuccino
Dinner: Same at lunchtime or sometimes just vegetables and 1 sugar-free cappuccino or tea

Attachments

• photo_1 m.jpeg
    photo_1 m.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 19
  • photo_2 m.jpeg
    photo_2 m.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 18
  • photo_3 m.jpeg
    photo_3 m.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 15
  • photo_4 m.jpeg
    photo_4 m.jpeg
    65.7 KB · Views: 19
@Shelby wow I'm amazed, you're right on several things!
Yes she has been sleeping very little and very badly at night for several years.
She is in menopause following a medical error instead of removing her cysts they removed her ovaries, she was 40 years old, 7 years ago.
Breakfast: A skyr or 25g whey isolate + 1 sugar-free cappuccino
Lunch: Green vegetables with fish or chicken and 1 sugar-free cappuccino
Dinner: Same at lunchtime or sometimes just vegetables and 1 sugar-free cappuccino or tea

o_O

She hardly eats anything, I think she should do a reverse diet to fuel workouts and growth some muscle, before thinking about reducing her body fat.

Also cut her cardio sessions in half.

And reduce or eliminate coffee to sleep better.

I’ve known women that “sneak” Calories at night. They tell you what they eat but neglect to admit to the candy/snack food. A lot of times they are getting 500+ calories the don’t tell you
No she doesn't eat she doesn't eat sweets she prefers fruits a thousand times lol

Hey smart ass,
You wrote vague worthless thread and gave 0 relevant info and NOW you want to snap back at someone?
Who the hell are you? lol
You seem to be attacking me for some reason while the other members and coaches with a world-renowned reputation responded kindly to me.
I don't know what your problem is.

KEYWORD: CALORIES

I saw no mention of CALORIES anywhere. Calories is just about everything when it comes to fat loss.

"Slow metabolism" or sluggish thyroid just means less energy and a lower TDEE/BMR, so less calories you can get away with.

As @luki7788 mentioned, cutting cals too drastically I.E. starvation can inhibit weight loss and mask fat loss (the body will hold extra water and the scale won't move in many cases.)

CALORIES > MACROS = Always, period. The obsession with Macros is a big distraction nowadays.

@MikeFr looks like they just did a metabolic panel. I’m with @Shelby- you need a full hormone and thyroid panel.

With a lower TSH I’d want to see what T3 and T4 are.

But at the end of the day as others have stated above there is one simple rule that trumps all- CICO. If she’s not losing weight then she’s eating at least her baseline everyday.

You can increase her cardio, she can eat less calories and more volume rich foods if need for hunger, but at the end of the day it’s very simple. You either have to eat less or expend more calories when it comes to losing weight.

You seem to be attacking me for some reason while the other members and coaches with a world-renowned reputation responded kindly to me.
I don't know what your problem is.
He asked you why she wanted to lose more weight and your response was, "Why does someone who is 10 pounds overweight and hates their body want to lose weight?" You think thats the regular respectful response when youre asking people to help you? :unsure:

If you do, you're clueless.

He asked you why she wanted to lose more weight and your response was, "Why does someone who is 10 pounds overweight and hates their body want to lose weight?" You think thats the regular respectful response when youre asking people to help you? :unsure:

If you do, you're clueless.
Simply because it asks a question to which the answer was already there in the question, I said that she wanted to lose 3 to 4 kilos because she felt very bad about herself and as Shelby said this n Just because she weighs 52 kilos and is 1.60 m tall doesn't mean she's skinny, weight and height mean nothing.
It was a question to ridicule her and not an answer to help ;)

Tell her to hire @Shelby or Andrew Vu as they know women’s physiques.

But as someone who has helped a lot of females prep, to me I would be willing to bet she’s tanked her metabolism.

In this spot we want to “build” the metabolism by eating often and doing consistent things. Most females I’ve helped usually try to just “eat less” and “eat less often” this leads to slowing of the metabolism.
I would have loved @Shelby it for my girlfriend but unfortunately I am in France and live on a minimum wage and Mr Macron is impoverishing us more and more with the increase in prices and the increase in taxes, the days are very very complicated

Seems like she's undereating, undersleeping, and probably has underlying hormonal issues.
See what I did there.
100% spot on! Her test, estrogen, DHEA, are most likely tanked at 47 and no ovaries. Cortisol out the roof. And her body is in starvation mode sparing fat and breaking down muscle. That usually goes at at 1:1 ratio leading to skinny fat... but she is already a stick. Is she taking any thyroid meds? With such a low TSH I would guess T3/T4 are higher end of the range, unless there is other issues.

I equate trying to change your body while having tanked hormones to trying to make bread with non-GMO flour, new non-stick pans and a stainless steal wolf oven... everything is right but your yeast is off, your bread is gonna suck! You need all the ingredients for a proper outcome.

100% spot on! Her test, estrogen, DHEA, are most likely tanked at 47 and no ovaries. Cortisol out the roof. And her body is in starvation mode sparing fat and breaking down muscle. That usually goes at at 1:1 ratio leading to skinny fat... but she is already a stick. Is she taking any thyroid meds? With such a low TSH I would guess T3/T4 are higher end of the range, unless there is other issues.

I equate trying to change your body while having tanked hormones to trying to make bread with non-GMO flour, new non-stick pans and a stainless steal wolf oven... everything is right but your yeast is off, your bread is gonna suck! You need all the ingredients for a proper outcome.
No she doesn't take any medication

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner