mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many meals of protein do you consume per day?

How many meals with protein do you consume daily?

Votes: 10 22.7%

Votes: 20 45.5%

Votes: 17 38.6%

Votes: 2 4.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

headtrainer

Registered
How many meals of protein do you consume per day? I consume protein 5 times per day. I consume approximately 250 grams of protein daily split into 5 meals.

I do 4 but I don't eat my first meal until about 11am. Roughly 11am, 2pm, 6pm, and around 8-9. I also eat about 250 grams a day. Usually one of my meals has 80-100 grams of protein (usually the pre bed meal) and my first meal usually has around 70 and middle two around 50 grams or so.

I do 4 but I don't eat my first meal until about 11am. Roughly 11am, 2pm, 6pm, and around 8-9. I also eat about 250 grams a day. Usually one of my meals has 80-100 grams of protein (usually the pre bed meal) and my first meal usually has around 70 and middle two around 50 grams or so.
same here but my total protein is a bit higher.. 350-400g

If for some reason, I can’t get in five meals of protein, I’ll do 4 meals of protein exactly as you described. 👍

same here but my total protein is a bit higher.. 350-400g
I've been pushing mine a bit higher and working up close to 275 at this point. I generally do better eating more protein, lower carb, moderate fat. I'm just a little guy now though :)

If for some reason, I can’t get in five meals of protein, I’ll do 4 meals of protein exactly as you described. 👍

The very high protein night meal always really helps me sleep especially when my calories are a bit lower like they are now. I usually make that a very enjoyable meal as well.

1-4
180-250g a day

I've been pushing mine a bit higher and working up close to 275 at this point. I generally do better eating more protein, lower carb, moderate fat. I'm just a little guy now though :)
i am the same.
my recovery is much better on higher prot and lower carbs than vice versa.
im also not big.. currently 5th week of dieting 95kg at 172cm

i am the same.
yeah we are very similar I'm 220 this AM but I do have some fat to lose...dexa had me at 11% but no way I'm that low. I honestly think it's more like 14-15% bf. I really feel like I'm in "no man's land" and now that I'm passed my "glory days" I don't know if I want to push the food and bulk up a little or get lean. At 200lbs I'd look very, very lean...but not sure I want to do that.

I've settled on just training hard and being super consistent on a 240-275 protein, moderate to low carb, and moderate fat diet and really just being consistent and seeing how I can maybe recomp. I've also been on basically 100-175mgs of test a week the last couple years so thinking I may bump that to 300mgs. Should keep bloods great and give me a nice boost. Haven't taken that much in close to 5 years.

i am the same.
what kinds of foods do you mostly eat for your carbs? Or do you just diversify a lot?

what kinds of foods do you mostly eat for your carbs? Or do you just diversify a lot?
no its pretty much only cornflakes (no sugar), corn cakes (same as rice cakes just from corn), blueberries and occasionally i have some bread or pasta

I do almost every single meal but I prefer eating 2 large meals (post workout / before bed) and 6 smaller meals (500cal or less) so for the large meals we’re talking 50-80g and smaller meals anywhere from 15-30g

Breakfast
Small protein snack like Greek yogurt -sometimes
Lunch
Protein bar sometimes pre workout
Dinner

Not exactly a “bodybuilding lifestyle” diet more like “real life I have to work a full time job” type diet

And I’m pretty jacked at 52 years old

6 meals 40g protein from protein sources only while off season. 50g per meal when cutting. Obviously a little high protein if I counted trace macros

I rarely get over 175 grams a day. Example was yesterday .
Breakfast (my usual).. 8 oz milk, 8 oz water, 1/2 cup oats, large banana, tablespoon natural peanut butter, 1 large scoop milk, egg, whey protein blend. Blend it up and drink it down..

Lunch wife fixed me 6 oz chicken 6 oz steak With rice.. rice was roughly 2/3 cup or so.

Mid day premier protein carton

Workout..

Dinner went to Italian restaurant and ate a salad, bread, and Italian rolli.. ( rolled pasta stuffed with ham, cheese, spinach and sauce..

Before bed another premier protein carton..

So when I add it up its roughly 175 to 190 grams.. and some days less. .

6 meals a day right now.
I only count protein from complete sources (basically meat, egg whites, shakes) and even with that i get 430g from complete sources. Most likely my total protein for the day is north of 500g.

6 meals - about 400g proteins.... never less or I would starve to death lol

I eat when I’m hungry so it varies. Sometimes 2, sometimes 6.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Skunk101
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws