over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What % of your daily protein is whey?

Does anybody here eat 100g + protein from powders? Any problems in the bathroom lol
When I was in Afghanistan (the second time) I was getting over 300 grams of protein a day from protein powder. It was Dymatize Elite Fusion 7 (they don't make it anymore). Digestion was fine. It was horrible though.
I couldn't look at protein shakes for a long time when I got home.

It depends on your total calories, I can see 2 or 3 shakes if you have 4 or 5 other solid meals on top of that. Otherwise I would not like to have as many shakes as regular meals.

I have 4 solid meals and 2 shakes, casein every day, and isolated after training on training days.

0%
Don’t use powders at all. I keep buying them telling myself I’ll use them but then I get too lazy and will just eat instead. A shake will fill me up and impact the rest of my meals for the day hunger wise

25% from whey hydrosylate. I currently have 4 meals per day. 3 - all 4 of them contain 75 grams of protein from chicken breasts with usually 1 of the 4 containing 75 grams of protein from beef or occasionally fish with a whey shake containing 25 grams of protein at the end of EVERY meal. 400 grams of total protein for the day, 100 grams of it from whey. 10 grams of EAAs intra training on training days.

25% from whey hydrosylate. I currently have 4 meals per day. 3 - all 4 of them contain 75 grams of protein from chicken breasts with usually 1 of the 4 containing 75 grams of protein from beef or occasionally fish with a whey shake containing 25 grams of protein at the end of EVERY meal. 400 grams of total protein for the day, 100 grams of it from whey. 10 grams of EAAs intra training on training days.
👍
I’ve used this approach for years as well. A shake w every or most meals… I think I got the idea from some of Dante’s (DC) early stuff on nutrition and pushing protein way up for growth

I remember a few years back using that beef liver powder, NOW brand. It was so nasty. However, to this day I'm a big fan of liver tabs.

How much liver powder do you use? Do you just mix it with water and chug it?
I have tabs too. I put the powder right into my mouth,about a half a table spoon, and take a big swig of gatoraid zero and just wash it down. You mix with a drink it just prolongs the weird taste lol.

I have tabs too. I put the powder right into my mouth,about a half a table spoon, and take a big swig of gatoraid zero and just wash it down. You mix with a drink it just prolongs the weird taste lol.
Jesus. LOL

👍
I’ve used this approach for years as well. A shake w every or most meals… I think I got the idea from some of Dante’s (DC) early stuff on nutrition and pushing protein way up for growth
I do this when the amount of meat gets too high too. If i wanted to get all my protein (per meal) in with meat it would be like 12oz per sitting. Would take me like an hour to eat lol But i can eat 8oz+25g of protein from liquid egg whites.
I remember Dante as well as Jim Wendler were a big advocate of this back in the day. Eat real food + a shake to keep protein high.

I do this when the amount of meat gets too high too. If i wanted to get all my protein (per meal) in with meat it would be like 12oz per sitting. Would take me like an hour to eat lol But i can eat 8oz+25g of protein from liquid egg whites.
I remember Dante as well as Jim Wendler were a big advocate of this back in the day. Eat real food + a shake to keep protein high.
It's amazing what we resort to. I've been mixing a few oz of oatmeal and 12 oz of egg whites in a bowl and just microwaving it. Not exactly high end eating but it gets the nutrients in!

I use protein powder pre @30g and post workout @66 grams and occasionally in my last meal of the day @30g. So regularly just over a third of my total intake, which is about 280g protein, comes from whey isolate.

Absolutely brother. Man, I forgot about Wendler. Always loved his fairly simplistic views on training and nutrition.

I also never have a plain whey shake outside of the meals we are talking about.
If having whey outside of a meal, I will always mix one or two raw eggs in the shake.

👍
I got the idea from Dante Trudel many years ago as well, when he first spoke about it and have done it since. It has always seemed to work for me

Absolutely brother. Man, I forgot about Wendler. Always loved his fairly simplistic views on training and nutrition.

I also never have a plain whey shake outside of the meals we are talking about.
If having whey outside of a meal, I will always mix one or two raw eggs in the shake.

This

Even though I use alot of powders it's always part of a meal.

You guys are....nasty....raw eggs, really? Fucking savages.
Man when I was 18-20 I think eggs were like 89 cents a dozen, I hate cooked eggs. I would do 12 at a time, its kinda like drinking snot with lumps but really doesn't taste like anything.

I've always done very well with whey, either concentrate or isolate. I just get concentrate and save some money:)

I'll mix it with 8oz of pasteurized eggs and sometimes peanut powder, etc.

I get about 240 grams a day from shakes(280 on workout days) and about 80-100 from beef.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131