mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where does everyone live and how do you like it there?

Japan's population is declining because few people want to have kids, or at least not enough. Few even want to get married now.

The government has done the Japanese thing and politely asked people to please have more kids, but without changes to lifestyles it won't happen.

There is a pension system here, actually two. One is national and paid into by everyone which is quite small, and a corporate system where your company pays in as well. Drawing on both can give you a fair maintenance allocation. The former cannot be drawn from until 65, the latter at 60, when most companies will forcibly retire you.

The low cost of living makes it possible to survive on the lower allotments and smaller nest eggs.
Up until recently the "common wisdom" was one needed 20,000,000 yen in their retirement to be comfortable. A more reasonable number is double that and more, but it is still a fraction of what you need in the US, especially considering housing and medical costs.

I'm looking forward to the invention and wide deployment of cool robots to take care of the old people.
I remember an old anime in the early 90s that prophesized that going sideways:

Jersey born and raised. COL sucks but love the convenience.

A view of my backyard . . .

Attachments

• IMG_2428.jpeg
    IMG_2428.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2213.jpeg
    IMG_2213.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2210.jpeg
    IMG_2210.jpeg
    318.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0851.jpeg
    IMG_0851.jpeg
    245.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0771.jpeg
    IMG_0771.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 34
Beautiful. Love the floor. Sick view…Where is this?
In a rural area with horses, pastures, vineyard's, livestock, a laguna, farms, amazing state and regional parks, beautiful river and 7 minutes from a highway to a freeway that will take me from my house to SF (don’t ask why) in 60 minutes without stopping. That would be me in Sonoma County, CA.

Just wanted everybody to know I was joking on my prior post (few pages back)....wouldn't do that to my fellow Texans, family in Arkansas, and Floridians...lol:D

Very happy with living in Denmark, There is many up and downs being such a little country.. i like our taxes since it gives everyone a chance when if they are dealt a shitty hand, if they make use of that chance is another thing, i like we pay young people under their education.. lots of things i dislike aswell ofc :) not a perfect place by any means.

Ummm Tennessee is wide open, mild and quick winters, spring and summer most of the year, some of the lowest property taxes in the country, actual affordable homes on huge lots of land, including new construction, incredible hillside views, all the guns and ammo you can handle, illegal for aircrafts to spray overhead metals and aerosols, southern hospitality, genuinely nice people, hot chicken, southern cooking, no weed tho and probably will never be….

All in all though…stay out of Tennessee, you’ll hate it here.😆😬🤞🏾
Tennessee is my plan eventually. I’m still young in my career but I WFH so my options are really limitless, and my girl is in education so that’s always needed. I’ve adored Tennessee every time I’ve been there.

I was born and raised in Ohio, spent some time living downtown Columbus. Still stuck in Ohio, but now I live in a quiet area outside the city.

Prague, Czech Republic capital.
I bet a lot of you guys have visited here, lol.
If anyone wants to know something about czech rep or prague in general then just ask me here, im native.
To be honest i was blessed by my family - i own my flat otherwise i would have to rent something and then i wouldnt ever be able to save up for something own by myself. Prices of realities, energy, foods are all going to shit each year, the inflation is terrible. But we have "free" health care so that saves up a lot of money lol.

I'm pretty fond of Ft. Worth. It still has a country feel but with city attractions. It is growing like crazy but you can still live 30 minutes out and be in the country.

My goal is Eastern Tennessee. Cheap land, cheap property taxes and absolutely beautiful landscape. Once I get closer to retirement age I'm all in, that is if it's still affordable.

Coconut Creek, Florida. Most people who live here are either white people from up north or hispanics. South Florida is nice but buying a home here isn't possible for most. Lucky I own my little paid off condo here

Alfresco my friend...seems we have similar tastes in not only knives and blackjacks but also scenery....just opposite ends of the country. Absolutely love and appreciate your views.

I posted a description earlier in the thread but you now inspired me to post a few pics..... Hume, Virginia (Fauquier County).... about 1.25 hours west of Washington DC, and about 45 minutes east of the West Virginia state line.

Attachments

• IMG_2629 (5).jpg
    IMG_2629 (5).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1374.jpg
    IMG_1374.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0176 (1).JPG
    IMG_0176 (1).JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 13
  • image000000 (1).JPG
    image000000 (1).JPG
    151 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3376.jpg
    IMG_3376.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3375.jpg
    IMG_3375.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2994.jpg
    IMG_2994.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 17
What's the difference between Frisco, Mckinney, and Allen? Or are they all the same?
Frisco is definitely more expensive… but besides that it’s 15 mins away. Really depends on what’s important to you. Schools are 10/10 McKinney, Melissa, Frisco. Heb, gym, Costco, farmers market/down town McKinney is great..

Traffic isnt terrible there but will get worse with universal opening there.. it’s a great lil triangle…

Prosper is great, but if you wanna go downtown etc. it’s a bit of a drive then.

Alfresco my friend...seems we have similar tastes in not only knives and blackjacks but also scenery....just opposite ends of the country. Absolutely love and appreciate your views.

I posted a description earlier in the thread but you now inspired me to post a few pics..... Hume, Virginia (Fauquier County).... about 1.25 hours west of Washington DC, and about 45 minutes east of the West Virginia state line.
Beautiful. Love the country road and horses.

Am going to DC September. I want to head inland for the scenery and the history.

We are blessed to live where we live.

Alfresco- Amen brother.

PM me before you come out this way. While Virginia Wine Country is nothing close to Northern Cali, still happy to show you around some of the inland areas (Blue Ridge mountains).

If you happen to slip it a month into October....even more breathtaking for the changing Autumn leaves across the mountain scapes. Pic is Skyline Drive about 30 minutes from me.

Attachments

• skyline-drive.jpg
    skyline-drive.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 8
I don't have quite the nature of some of you, but it's pretty green for Tokyo around here. Got a few cherry blossom days without rain.

PXL_20240410_022919870.jpg PXL_20240410_022914094.jpg

Green Bay, WI. I prefer warm weather, so summers are nice but the weather the rest of the year sucks. Winters are brutal. Cost of living is cheap. And of course, the packers if you like football. Otherwise, I don't care for it, hoping to move to warmer climate soon.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Skunk101
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws