mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Where does everyone live and how do you like it there?

I've been living in California my whole life. It's so great here, especially since Newsom came into office. I feel like everybody should feel the luxury that he brings, so i'm putting together a team/business that will help others, like myself, relocate to places like Texas and Arkansas and Florida. I'm moving to Texas hopefully in the summer to make this dream a reality for everybody living there. Let's 'move forward.'

Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area of NC. Hell no I don’t like it. Seen pine trees all my life and now I want palm trees, white sand, and blue ocean with a lounge chair and tiki bar close by

I got curious and started looking. I don't imagine there would be too many traditional/US based single family home set ups. Think were looking more at flats/townhomes (maybe). Looks like you can snag a small one bedroom apartment in all sincerity at a much lower cost than most US cities

Hawk - definitely curious about this.

And @Drax

Housing will no doubt be considerably smaller in sqm, no way around that. If we can equalize that based on the cultures of the US and Japan as standard, then we can open the discussion.
Central Tokyo, in the heart of 23 wards can be expensive and can appreciate. Most other places will depreciate over time, especially free-standing homes.
In expensive places prices can get extremely high, but this is true everywhere, and it is what keeps the average price of housing up where it is.
I have a good friend who pays 3,000,000 yen per month in rent, living in the priciest area of the neighborhood I used to live in, Hiroo, Shibuya-ka.

Last year when I decided to buy, I didn't want to spend a lot on a depreciating property and I wanted a little more peace, so we went to the Western suburbs of Tokyo.
We looked at new houses first, then went to condominiums because of the location and usability. Houses tend to be stacked with steep stairways, already an issue for me now, terrible when 70+.
I got a 85sqm 3LDK (3 beds, living room, dining, and kitchen,etc) condominium. The main train station which is 10m but bus can reach Shinjuku in 30m by rapid express.
This complex is part of a designed community in the bubble era, with units then going for one hundred million yen and up.

All said and done, I paid a little over twenty million yen, put in 4,000,000 in renovations, which were done in 5 weeks. 0.297% floating APR.
Most people want condos or "mansions" because they are better located and more valuable. Most houses traditionally lose all value after 20-30 years; only the land retains value.
Tokyo property tax is 1.4%- ish. I haven't got my bill yet, but I expect it to be quite low as my building is not brand new.
I don't have a car and don't need one (though I like cars quite a lot).

Some things can be a bit expensive, but it is not the norm:
  • Bus and train from home to central Tokyo is about 700 yen
  • Regular doctor or dentist visit is 1500 yen or so
  • Quality eggs are about 350-400 yen for 10
  • Milk is 500 yen for 1000ml
  • 5 Dole bananas are 298 yen
  • my favorite snack of tortilla chips is 88 yen a bag
  • My electric bill last moth with 3 people, three separate AC / heaters, a 50" TV, my gaming PC and my wife's PC was 13,300 yen
  • A big mac set is 650 yen
  • My Sony fiber internet is 2000 yen
  • My mobile is 4-7000 yen
  • My gym is 9400 yen
  • You can still get lunch for "one coin", i.e. 500 yen
  • I can get a mint 10-year-old Lexus IS with under 40k for 5-8k USD
The weak yen cuts two ways for me, as my US investments have ballooned, but it is now more expensive to continue investing. For you guys everything is on sale here.
Let me know if you have other questions.

I've been living in California my whole life. It's so great here, especially since Newsom came into office. I feel like everybody should feel the luxury that he brings, so i'm putting together a team/business that will help others, like myself, relocate to places like Texas and Arkansas and Florida. I'm moving to Texas hopefully in the summer to make this dream a reality for everybody living there. Let's 'move forward.'
Are you serious? Where in Cali are you?

Manteca CA, Oakland CA, Stockton CA, Monterey CA, Sacramento CA, Citrus Heights CA, South Sacramento CA, Lynchburg VA, Berkeley CA, San Jose CA, Roseville CA, Fresno CA, Lodi CA, Edinburg TX, and now Chicago 🙂

Manteca CA, Oakland CA, Stockton CA, Monterey CA, Sacramento CA, Citrus Heights CA, South Sacramento CA, Lynchburg VA, Berkeley CA, San Jose CA, Roseville CA, Fresno CA, Lodi CA, Edinburg TX, and now Chicago 🙂
how are you still alive lol? oakland, stockton, south sactown, san jose (some parts) and fresno are such bad cities. majorly gang infested

Chicago is the worst of all. we come from northside schiller park in the polish community

berkley is liberal hippy central lol, still probably a cool community.

I live in a rural and farm scattered part of Fauquier County, Virginia. Washington DC is 1.5 hours east. WVA line is 30 minutes west. Consists of a mix of rolling meadows and forests in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Very quiet and serene. Can't see or hear any "neighbors". Closest town is 30 minute drive. A bit hard to describe as it is a real mix of everything. A few quaint small towns, one or two denser populated suburbia type cities. Some upscale wineries and horse farms. Some wealthy old money families and some real true blue collar good ole country folk.....and everyone gets along very well.

I love it here. However, I'm a loner type so can't have too few people around or enough land .....and am considering a move to West VA or Tennessee where you can get more acres for your $.

Quick shameless plug, the wife and I have a dog boarding kennel and we foster puppies for the local shelter so they can have a farm life while they wait to be adopted. We always have 3-6 puppies rotating through every 2-3 months. Any brother ever looking to give a forever home to a pup who is up for a drive to the western part of Northern VA.... HMU.

And @Drax

Housing will no doubt be considerably smaller in sqm, no way around that. If we can equalize that based on the cultures of the US and Japan as standard, then we can open the discussion.
Central Tokyo, in the heart of 23 wards can be expensive and can appreciate. Most other places will depreciate over time, especially free-standing homes.
In expensive places prices can get extremely high, but this is true everywhere, and it is what keeps the average price of housing up where it is.
I have a good friend who pays 3,000,000 yen per month in rent, living in the priciest area of the neighborhood I used to live in, Hiroo, Shibuya-ka.

Last year when I decided to buy, I didn't want to spend a lot on a depreciating property and I wanted a little more peace, so we went to the Western suburbs of Tokyo.
We looked at new houses first, then went to condominiums because of the location and usability. Houses tend to be stacked with steep stairways, already an issue for me now, terrible when 70+.
I got a 85sqm 3LDK (3 beds, living room, dining, and kitchen,etc) condominium. The main train station which is 10m but bus can reach Shinjuku in 30m by rapid express.
This complex is part of a designed community in the bubble era, with units then going for one hundred million yen and up.

All said and done, I paid a little over twenty million yen, put in 4,000,000 in renovations, which were done in 5 weeks. 0.297% floating APR.
Most people want condos or "mansions" because they are better located and more valuable. Most houses traditionally lose all value after 20-30 years; only the land retains value.
Tokyo property tax is 1.4%- ish. I haven't got my bill yet, but I expect it to be quite low as my building is not brand new.
I don't have a car and don't need one (though I like cars quite a lot).

Some things can be a bit expensive, but it is not the norm:
  • Bus and train from home to central Tokyo is about 700 yen
  • Regular doctor or dentist visit is 1500 yen or so
  • Quality eggs are about 350-400 yen for 10
  • Milk is 500 yen for 1000ml
  • 5 Dole bananas are 298 yen
  • my favorite snack of tortilla chips is 88 yen a bag
  • My electric bill last moth with 3 people, three separate AC / heaters, a 50" TV, my gaming PC and my wife's PC was 13,300 yen
  • A big mac set is 650 yen
  • My Sony fiber internet is 2000 yen
  • My mobile is 4-7000 yen
  • My gym is 9400 yen
  • You can still get lunch for "one coin", i.e. 500 yen
  • I can get a mint 10-year-old Lexus IS with under 40k for 5-8k USD
The weak yen cuts two ways for me, as my US investments have ballooned, but it is now more expensive to continue investing. For you guys everything is on sale here.
Let me know if you have other questions.
Extremely interesting! I cannot believe homes depreciate in value 🤯🤯🤯 blows my mind. Things work very different in that part of the world! Ty for your candor 🙏🏾

Extremely interesting! I cannot believe homes depreciate in value 🤯🤯🤯 blows my mind. Things work very different in that part of the world! Ty for your candor 🙏🏾
Of course, without context saying Japan is cheap sounds like madness, it would have to me 10 years ago ;)

Of course, without context saying Japan is cheap sounds like madness, it would have to me 10 years ago ;)
You have me doing some research on Japan and it’s definitely interesting. I do imagine the language and culture in general to be difficult to adjust to/learn. Definitely a wonderful culture though. I might have to visit soon just to experience it.

An old female co-worker friend of mine knew former prime minster Shinzo Abe very well. They were roommates I believe out here in California when he was going to college. He flew her (and family) out many times to go visit him (and his family) in Japan. He had a very big crush on her. He asked her to be with him (I can't remember exactly, maybe marriage or as a girlfriend), but she turned him down. Afterward, they remained very good friends until his death.

An old female co-worker friend of mine knew former prime minster Shinzo Abe very well. They were roommates I believe out here in California when he was going to college. He flew her (and family) out many times to go visit him (and his family) in Japan. He had a very big crush on her. He asked her to be with him (I can't remember exactly, maybe marriage or as a girlfriend), but she turned him down. Afterward, they remained very good friends until his death.

It can be a small world indeed. Empress Masako-sama was my professor's TA in University when he was at Harvard :D

In my opinion, it’s not the people moving in that’s raising the prices, it’s the damn corporations buying up all the houses / property and putting them up for perpetual rent. It shrinks the pool of available houses and inflates the remaining houses costs to what we’re all witnessing.
It’s the scumbag REITs. For some reason it’s an incredibly underreported story that’s destroying housing opportunities for a lot of Americans.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws